Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services - for forgotten wallet password - page 16. (Read 63791 times)

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
I think this service, while very niche, can be quite useful and profitable. Too bad my lost wallets wasn't from encryption (that wasn't even a feature back then!), but rather from selling a computer.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
Without endorsing his service, I will accept as plausible the notion that you can extract just enough information out of a wallet file that would allow cracking the password but not accessing the funds.  The method of making sure only the correct portion of the wallet file gets extracted is the part that deserves good peer review, but I think the idea (possibility) itself is legit.

Basically a wallet is protected with a random number key, and then this random number key is encrypted in a special master password record that is encrypted with the password itself.  The random number key is generated when the wallet is created and isn't useful by itself for accessing coins without the actual encrypted Bitcoin private key records to go with it.  If you can rip that master record out of the wallet, you can crack at the password with no possibility of access to funds.
That would be nice if you could upload a chunk of your wallet that the person brute forces. I'm sure all those spare graphic cards are useful for other things than mining! Wink
Activity: 89
Merit: 21
How exactly do you do ot, then? Where are reviews? Why do you have no trust, why do you only have 13 poats?

How is it done, technically?
Well, you can refer to this earlier posting, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-services-239665
where I briefly explain how the information in an encrypted wallet is stored, and some links to further reading for anyone interested.

As for trust, that will be a long slow process to build up, I expect. Hopefully the first few satisfied customers who regain their bitcoin funds will help!
Dave
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Without endorsing his service, I will accept as plausible the notion that you can extract just enough information out of a wallet file that would allow cracking the password but not accessing the funds.  The method of making sure only the correct portion of the wallet file gets extracted is the part that deserves good peer review, but I think the idea (possibility) itself is legit.

Basically a wallet is protected with a random number key, and then this random number key is encrypted in a special master password record that is encrypted with the password itself.  The random number key is generated when the wallet is created and isn't useful by itself for accessing coins without the actual encrypted Bitcoin private key records to go with it.  If you can rip that master record out of the wallet, you can crack at the password with no possibility of access to funds.
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
Hi
I have put together a service to help you recover your wallet password steal your wallet password (for your encrypted bitcoin wallet) if you have forgotten it you're to stupid too realize I'm stealing it.

(and before you ask, no yes, this isn't is a scam to steal your bitcoins! Smiley)

Sir. Dave Scams-A-Lot (My title is appointed by the King of Scams-Ya Island.)

Yes, yes, very funny Smiley
However, in spite of how it may appear, this is a legit service. See my earlier reply. I'm not asking anyone to send in their entire wallet.

That wasnt made to be funny.
How exactly do you do ot, then? Where are reviews? Why do you have no trust, why do you only have 13 poats?
Hi
I have put together a service to help you recover your wallet password steal your wallet password (for your encrypted bitcoin wallet) if you have forgotten it you're to stupid too realize I'm stealing it.

(and before you ask, no yes, this isn't is a scam to steal your bitcoins! Smiley)

Yes, yes, very funny Smiley
However, in spite of how it may appear, this is a legit service. See my earlier reply. I'm not asking anyone to send in their entire wallet.
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
Hi

if it smells like shit....

...it's probably shit.

Indeed, often true. In this case, however, this is a bona fide service to help people who have lost their wallet passwords.
Similar to scripts used previously on this forum.
Have a read on the website, you'll see that I'm not suggesting that people send me their whole wallet (which would potentially allow me to steal their bitcoins if I was a dodgy character (which I'm not)). Instead, they can send me just the bits of the wallet information that allows for the decryption of the password, without exposing themselves to any risk of theft.

Cheers,
Dave
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
if it smells like shit....

...it's probably shit.
When was the last time that you checked that you actually correctly remember the passphrase for your encrypted bitcoin wallet? And that it can be successfully decrypted with that password, allowing you to spend your bitcoins? There are plenty of stories out there of people who have forgotten or misplaced their wallet password...
walletrecoveryservices.com

Hi
I have put together a service to help you recover your wallet password (for your encrypted bitcoin wallet) if you have forgotten it.
Refer to walletrecoveryservices.com
I hope this will be useful to someone.

(and before you ask, no, this isn't a scam to steal your bitcoins! Smiley)
Cheers
Dave
Pages:
Jump to: