Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised - page 15. (Read 155957 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy
July 17, 2012, 11:30:24 AM
Let's stay completely silent again, without any outgoing payments. Great job guys, great job!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 17, 2012, 11:05:44 AM
I'm still appalled by the fact that I turned a guy onto Bitcoin here in my hometown who would have recognized a 100-200% on his investment, but instead is looking at zilch. And there's no way now that that Albanian restaurant owner I was convincing is going to ever accept Bitcoin as a payment option, nor any other business here in Sandwich, IL, for a long time. Although I'm sure there's no financial hardship associated with Jerry's investment, it's a shame that opportunities will be miss here, as well as, I'm sure, other places globally due to this fiasco.

I'm so sad!

~Bruno~
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
July 16, 2012, 05:41:33 PM
So... bad time to sell my coins on intersango then Sad

Someone needs to make another GBP exchange.

I have a choice between intersango or mtgox... Just trying to decide now which is the bigger evil...
Could always do OTC

My impressions from that were that not many people use it, assuming you mean sites like www.localbitcoins.com? Or do you mean just hanging out in #bitcoin-otc and asking people occasionally if they want to buy coins?

I was referring to #bitcoin-otc  No need to hang around... there is an order book
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
July 16, 2012, 01:47:33 PM

I have a choice between intersango or mtgox... Just trying to decide now which is the bigger evil...

Or you could try person to person ? https://www.bitcoinary.com/

No-one seems to use those types of sites in my area Sad I'll try it though I guess...
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
July 16, 2012, 01:02:00 PM

Or you could try person to person ? https://www.bitcoinary.com/
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 16, 2012, 12:48:27 PM

Seems to be another on in a few weeks:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcurexcom-old-thread-93592
July 16, 2012, 12:36:24 PM

Could always do OTC

My impressions from that were that not many people use it, assuming you mean sites like www.localbitcoins.com? Or do you mean just hanging out in #bitcoin-otc and asking people occasionally if they want to buy coins?
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
July 16, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

Could always do OTC
July 16, 2012, 11:50:41 AM

vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
July 16, 2012, 11:47:28 AM
Next up, Intersango balances will be cleared if not gone allready.

I love these business strategies, divide and conquer at its finest hour.

what about intersango? is it not legit now?

Do you really want to wait around to find out?
Bro
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
July 16, 2012, 11:44:13 AM

what about intersango? is it not legit now?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
July 15, 2012, 05:48:48 PM
Perhaps this is symptomatic for the claims process?

Code:
puter@mybox:~$ ping bitcoinconsultancy.com
PING bitcoinconsultancy.com (50.57.81.35) 56(84) bytes of data.
wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Proudhon: I think you're disrespecting that pigeon, don't be surprised if a relative of it shits on your jacket next time you get out!  Shocked
That site's been off since the first hack happened.
Activity: 504
July 15, 2012, 04:23:42 PM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2012, 04:12:58 PM
Perhaps this is symptomatic for the claims process?

Code:
puter@mybox:~$ ping bitcoinconsultancy.com
PING bitcoinconsultancy.com (50.57.81.35) 56(84) bytes of data.
wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Proudhon: I think you're disrespecting that pigeon, don't be surprised if a relative of it shits on your jacket next time you get out!  Shocked
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
July 15, 2012, 04:05:45 PM

I believe that one must use key/secret authentication in order to withdraw.

Bitcoinica has an account with Yubikey, and we had to set up another account for automated Mt. Gox code withdrawals till recently.

Now we are using key/secret authentication to process withdrawals from our main account directly.

So the key/secret authentication was in place and turned off before the "theft"?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2012, 03:55:57 PM
zhoutong:
1. Is bitcoinica a corporation?
2. Why hasn't bitcoinica submitted proper corporate documentation to mtgox? (if you have, please say so)

1. Bitcoinica is currently operated by xWaylab Inc., a Delaware corporation.

2. I have submitted by passport for AML. So our main account has a limit increase. However, we have separate accounts for hedging and withdrawals because one has to be protected by Yubikey. The withdrawal account has normal account limits while the hedging account doesn't have.

Each time you do a manual withdrawal, I would have to manually log in to Mt. Gox account using the Yubikey, and withdraw. This works 99% of the time.

I have requested for withdrawal limit increase on the bitcoinica_withdrawal account, but they rejected because both accounts are owned by the same owner, and the only way to do it is to wait for their sub-account feature (with shared withdrawal limits or something).

Now I'm traveling and I don't have Yubikey access at the moment, so Bitcoinica users have to request for manual withdrawal limit resets.

AND

Bitcoinica has an account with Yubikey, and we had to set up another account for automated Mt. Gox code withdrawals till recently.

Now we are using key/secret authentication to process withdrawals from our main account directly.

Zhou has stated that a new Bitcoinica account was established at MtGox when management of Bitcoinica changed (and I seem to recall MtGox saying the same thing).  It's possible that the new accounts were set up somewhat differently.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 15, 2012, 03:47:06 PM
zhoutong:
1. Is bitcoinica a corporation?
2. Why hasn't bitcoinica submitted proper corporate documentation to mtgox? (if you have, please say so)

1. Bitcoinica is currently operated by xWaylab Inc., a Delaware corporation.

2. I have submitted by passport for AML. So our main account has a limit increase. However, we have separate accounts for hedging and withdrawals because one has to be protected by Yubikey. The withdrawal account has normal account limits while the hedging account doesn't have.

Each time you do a manual withdrawal, I would have to manually log in to Mt. Gox account using the Yubikey, and withdraw. This works 99% of the time.

I have requested for withdrawal limit increase on the bitcoinica_withdrawal account, but they rejected because both accounts are owned by the same owner, and the only way to do it is to wait for their sub-account feature (with shared withdrawal limits or something).

Now I'm traveling and I don't have Yubikey access at the moment, so Bitcoinica users have to request for manual withdrawal limit resets.

AND

Slight aside:

Zhou has already told us that his USD reserves amounted to somewhere around $100-200K IIRC.  correct me if i'm wrong about this.

this is peanuts compared to where the customer balances are i would bet so Ferroh is correct.

The reserve is the total of all customer deposits plus 50% of our historical profits.

It's simply impossible to trade beyond Bitcoinica's means.

Also, don't worry about profitability for us. We have been very profitable. If you want to argue against this fact, then continue trolling...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
July 15, 2012, 03:15:45 PM
Oh boy, just simple GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR with a smartphone would have saved your ass and money. What a shame, this is really impressive, seems that the security of Bitcoinica's funds is directed by a pigeon.
+1!
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
July 15, 2012, 02:47:09 PM
LOL
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
July 15, 2012, 08:57:30 AM
What a shame, this is really impressive, seems that the security of Bitcoinica's funds is directed by a pigeon.

Pages:
Jump to: