Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm) - page 21. (Read 55715 times)

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Thanks for the effort Bitcoinorama very informative =D
Activity: 476
Merit: 266
I did attend that same meeting, monday. And can vouch for the truthfullness, objectivety and accuracy of Bitcoinoramas account of the whole thing. Allthough i left a couple of hours before he did, i was there for about 3 hours. They were very open, honest and proffesional.
I especially enjoyed talking to Marcus, since he sort of represented the "brains" behind our miners. I really get the feeling that he's itching do so much more with theese chips and all the tech he has att his disposal. But at the moment having to prioritize the september deadline. To further the analogy put forth earlier about this being a formula 1 race, Marcus is comparing this to building a F1 car.  Why bother with a go-kart = Fpga when you can build the best "Formula 1" asic miner. So thats what they have just started to do with Saturn and Jupiter at current specs, and OrSoc are no where near done with what they can achieve.
That eludes to the kinds of margins they have at the moment with this 28nm chip, and bodes well for the future of knc products and customers.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I vote for express delivery with ghost rider  Grin

i tot he mistakenly heard KnC got 50% discount if pay at their office, thus the speed Cheesy
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Thanks a lot!

I appreciate your thoughts and info. Now I'm just regretting not have chosen the local pickup.... ;-)

Cheers!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Thanx much for your report!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
I vote for express delivery with ghost rider  Grin
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
You got yourself a place in the Kncminer website : )
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-19
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Bro as I already said I really do appreciate your work, and I'm more than impressed by what I'm reading especially when you describe Marcus' way of working Tongue
Till now I found this two info the most informative among all:

[cut]
.... In the interim as the final ASIC design is already being bid over by the chip manufactures to tender the job by September.

The chip manufacturer I believe is chosen today.  ...

And when I read this:

Yes the chip is going from FPGA to ASIC in production immediately, After the first prototype is made they are out the door with very little margin for error. Balls are swinging low.

a shiver run down my spine Tongue

Activity: 407
Thanks for the info. I have high hopes these guys set a new trend for professional and transparent ASIC miner production.

+1

i think, it is the first really proffesional and experienced eletronic company which is only entering the bitcoin market very well supported by KNC...
Activity: 298
Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.
Excellent info.
Activity: 434
Wow so they just picked the chip manufacturer today?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Ok, cool, we look forward to some of your photos, a picture is worth a thousand words they say ...thanks

Thank f**k I didn't take too may photos, or my current word count wouldn't translate to the equivalent value in pictures. Tongue
Activity: 406
Ok, cool, we look forward to some of your photos, a picture is worth a thousand words they say ...thanks
Since nonone else asked, Did you get to meet Lisbeth?   Grin

No, but I kid you not, I met a Mexican girl on her way from Stockholm to the 'sleepy town of Uppsala' on her way to pay homage!

Another famous Swede you may, or may not know about, and like Satoshi Yakamoto, no one knows for sure if it's one or many behind the mask...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXMx__wlJU

(this is kind of what Marcus is about to put Mars through)

I had done some crazy shit when i used to ride, but this is Insane. Don't try this at home

Enjoy...!

http://youtu.be/Hk3KwCfO5x8
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

No, but I kid you not, I met a Mexican girl on her way from Stockholm to the 'sleepy town of Uppsala' on her way to pay homage!

Another famous Swede you may, or may not know about, and like Satoshi Yakamoto, no one knows for sure if it's one or many behind the mask...

I had done some crazy shit when i used to ride, but this is Insane. Don't try this at home

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Since nonone else asked, Did you get to meet Lisbeth?   Grin
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
Pages:
Jump to: