Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm) - page 3. (Read 55679 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
when will the KNC order the chips on earth? Huh
Activity: 532
Looks like your votes lead to the creation of a new 100Gh/s model...codenamed: 'Mercury';

https://www.kncminer.com/products/mercury
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
You went over his head

I wouldn't touch BFL with a bargepole, but I'm with Josh on this one - otherwise I would be a knc customer. Smiley I would be shocked if knc delivered on their promised specs and timing.

My purpose in posting was merely to identify the polysemousness in Josh's statement...Wink
I wouldn't touch BFL with a bargepole, but I'm with Josh on this one - otherwise I would be a knc customer. Smiley I would be shocked if knc delivered on their promised specs and timing.

My purpose in posting was merely to identify the polysemousness in Josh's statement...Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Looks like Josh is, or isn't almost certainly sure KnC may, or may not meet their deadline...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2633722

Words from a genuine master in ambiguity, I think, or do I?...Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
"Re: KNC Miner - Jupiter device: which PSU are you guys planning on using?

June 19, 2013, 02:46:06 PM

Reply with quote  #14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.
It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam  "

Did they order the Asic Chip for production? or still playing with the chip?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's not the hardware they are selling.  It is the business model of growing a gigantic and centralized solo mining operation with a focus on removing independent miners from the equation.  It's a terrible disease that is spreading faster than people wanted.

People keep asking for hosting services.. AM provides the same thing for their shareholders.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
ASIC miners shares started around 0.84BTC, their perceived value is currently around 3.5BTC. It is perceived by those willing to purchase ownership. ASICminers value is still around 0.84 BTC as that is all they're owed for themselves to spend. The 4x increase on resale has been well received by the original investors. New ones won't see that. At a dividend payout of 0.025BTC on average every two weeks, it would take 5.4 years to ROi on ASICminer shares currently.

Sorry, where did you take the number in bold? You have to be quite new in the scene if you don't know that ASIC miner shares started at EXACTLY 0.1BTC (that was the IPO price), and their shares were traded below 0.84BTC for quite a few weeks even after they started deploying. To be very concrete I just looked into my PM history for you, and exactly on February 11th three members of these forums (rxw, punin and scrypt) offered to me ASICminer shares between 0.36BTC and 0.5BTC each. I remember very well that moment because I turned their offers down as those prices looked to me "a tad expensive". Quite a big mistake, as I was very interested in buying, but I didn't. But yeah, hindsight is 20/20.

Going back to the real world figures, the increase on resale of ASICminer shares is x35 (and going up), not the laughable x4 you mentioned.

It was in a thread I read today, just before replying.

IPO price for ASIC miner was 0.1BTC, and they did sell less than they initially expected. ASICMiner is very probably the best investment ever in the Bitcoin world for those who bought at (or close to) IPO price.

Yes, agreed, at that time, but now it is a bloated greed orientated, danger harvesting 25% of the coins awarded giving it the ability and power to suppress BTC market value (which appears to explain the current trend), and opens the doors to all sorts of price manipulation and preferential buybacks. This is not healthy for Bitcoin at all...

Asicminer is greedy and their time will come.

How? You wanted them to sell really low and screw their shareholders so the greed shifts to the resellers on ebay?  They had auctions for their blades.. reality bite much?

It's not the hardware they are selling.  It is the business model of growing a gigantic and centralized solo mining operation with a focus on removing independent miners from the equation.  It's a terrible disease that is spreading faster than people wanted.

btw, I can't remember if I posted in this thread before.  I just wanted to say thank you to BitcoinOrama for all your help in understanding KnC better.  I learned a lot from this thread and you.  I'll have to send some btc your way on my next payout.
Activity: 462
ASIC miners shares started around 0.84BTC, their perceived value is currently around 3.5BTC. It is perceived by those willing to purchase ownership. ASICminers value is still around 0.84 BTC as that is all they're owed for themselves to spend. The 4x increase on resale has been well received by the original investors. New ones won't see that. At a dividend payout of 0.025BTC on average every two weeks, it would take 5.4 years to ROi on ASICminer shares currently.

Sorry, where did you take the number in bold? You have to be quite new in the scene if you don't know that ASIC miner shares started at EXACTLY 0.1BTC (that was the IPO price), and their shares were traded below 0.84BTC for quite a few weeks even after they started deploying. To be very concrete I just looked into my PM history for you, and exactly on February 11th three members of these forums (rxw, punin and scrypt) offered to me ASICminer shares between 0.36BTC and 0.5BTC each. I remember very well that moment because I turned their offers down as those prices looked to me "a tad expensive". Quite a big mistake, as I was very interested in buying, but I didn't. But yeah, hindsight is 20/20.

Going back to the real world figures, the increase on resale of ASICminer shares is x35 (and going up), not the laughable x4 you mentioned.

IPO price for ASIC miner was 0.1BTC, and they did sell less than they initially expected. ASICMiner is very probably the best investment ever in the Bitcoin world for those who bought at (or close to) IPO price.

Yes, agreed, at that time, but now it is a bloated greed orientated, danger harvesting 25% of the coins awarded giving it the ability and power to suppress BTC market value (which appears to explain the current trend), and opens the doors to all sorts of price manipulation and preferential buybacks. This is not healthy for Bitcoin at all...

How? You wanted them to sell really low and screw their shareholders so the greed shifts to the resellers on ebay?  They had auctions for their blades.. reality bite much?
Activity: 406

Activity: 196
Excuse me but what does this have to do with KNCminer's open day?
Time to lock this thread?

Time to lock your face!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Excuse me but what does this have to do with KNCminer's open day?
Time to lock this thread?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Activity: 406
Have to agreed Asicminer is dumping the shares... after given a good bashing.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 196
The comments are despicable too. Glad most miners are like those idiots and won't even be able to get them working or find real companies like we did.

Yea... It's rather disgusting seeing the suck-ups in the comment area stroking her. Like its going to make a difference in their order queue... its like peasants begging for just a few more crumbs...

LoL..

I can imagine a play being made off of this...

Peasant - "Perhaps the queen is feeling generous today?"

BFL Jody - "Yes... have a Jalapeno..." "You will find... that I am kind.."
Pages:
Jump to: