Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely! - page 17. (Read 108383 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 252
Crashgambler.io - Crash Gambling Guide
February 28, 2016, 10:20:58 PM
i think that people the have projects make updates and the have at least full member here in the forum have interests to this community and want make a condition to the forum... and this peoples have a higher trust for me as peoples the registered with only write a one post to a project that he want have for free here what otherwise costs money for example in freelancer
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 08:18:06 PM
Anyone available please do escrow now for me here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1377200.new#new . I will be waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
February 23, 2016, 09:01:28 PM
I just wanted to warn everyone:  There are multiple (brand-new) accounts being created trying to scam using me as an escrow.

This is how they are working:

They work out a deal with a seller, offering BTC.  They have no problem with escrow.

Once the deal is set and the scammer and seller needs to find an escrow, the scammer sends the seller this:

Hi username_here,

No probs acting as Escrow for your trade.

Please forward the link below to my main Escrow thread on the forum to fake like to escrow -

*Fake bitcointalk.org link, with a replicated thread that has a different ESCROW ADDRESS*

Trade = (insert trade details)

After the funds have been deposited to my Escrow address in the first post ask (escrow) to pm myself and you the transaction I.D.  When you have confirmed the transfer you are safe to make payment.

NOTE: Please send payment by registered post with tracking!

@ escrow, drop me a pm when you have been paid and ill release the funds to username_here

Thanks,

monbux

These PMs have already scammed multiple users.  Please, always, CHECK FOR THE ACTUAL ESCROW'S CONFIRMATION.  Ask for a PGP signed message.  Stay safe everyone.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
February 23, 2016, 08:01:51 PM
Please provide singed messages from every staked address which is atleast 1 year old.
I have a problem with bcttalkaccountpricer.info please someone post here his info because I got error.
I can only provide a signed message from 16m... which I have already posted. Here is my info on the site: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=ogttg070. Most of the addresses it lists are addresses that I do not control because they are either not mine or are an exchange's or service's address.

Can you sign message from atleast one of the addresses posted in 2014?
No.
staff
Just writing some code
February 23, 2016, 07:33:56 PM
Please provide singed messages from every staked address which is atleast 1 year old.
I have a problem with bcttalkaccountpricer.info please someone post here his info because I got error.
I can only provide a signed message from 16m... which I have already posted. Here is my info on the site: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=ogttg070. Most of the addresses it lists are addresses that I do not control because they are either not mine or are an exchange's or service's address.
Activity: 429
Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.
February 23, 2016, 03:39:17 AM
either way new submissions in the list is pretty strict. I wouldn't count on you joining the list.
The moral of the master-P scam story was not to stop people from escrowing but to be suspicious of everyone and not to just go by trust score.I think a one year old user is not that bad for typical trades.

Please sign messages from every 1+ year old address (bctaccountprice - request failed )
Please use this form to sign a message:
Code:
I'm knightdk from bitcointalk.org. Today is 2/23/2016

I have already provided a signed message from the aforementioned post.

Verified
staff
Just writing some code
February 22, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Please sign messages from every 1+ year old address (bctaccountprice - request failed )
Please use this form to sign a message:
Code:
I'm knightdk from bitcointalk.org. Today is 2/23/2016

I have already provided a signed message from the aforementioned post.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
February 22, 2016, 07:55:14 PM
I would like to add myself to this list:

Code:
[table][tr]
[td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=290195]knightdk[/url][/td]
[td]1% (minimum of 0.01[btc])[/td]
[td]Bitcoin[/td]
[td]Available[/td]
[td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373968.0][ANN][/url][/td]
[/tr][/table]
The list is no longer being maintained it seems, either way new submissions in the list is pretty strict. I wouldn't count on you joining the list.
staff
Just writing some code
February 22, 2016, 07:38:01 PM

Code:
[table][tr]
[td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=290195]knightdk[/url][/td]
[td]Bitcoin[/td]
[td]Available[/td]
[/tr][/table]

"This user's password was reset recently."

This account is probably hacked or bought by scammer. I will be very strict on new escrow's because I got neg for offering escrow without trade history.

Edit 1: I found this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12421992 Smiley

See this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13977297
staff
Just writing some code
February 22, 2016, 07:34:03 PM

Code:
[table][tr]
[td]Bitcoin[/td]
[td]Available[/td]
[/tr][/table]
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
February 21, 2016, 06:27:00 PM
To escrow providers that are avoiding the whole account trade deals, why just don't make a rule of leaving the account (new owner) a neutral feedback of telling, the following account is under a new ownership. Any feedback prior to this date would be inaccurate. I think something like that would be a good step plus at the same time, it won't give that much of freedom to the buyer to scam someone in the future (unless some fail to read the feedback).

Because they wouldn't use you, these are govt agents trying to use manipulation
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 21, 2016, 02:07:12 PM
To escrow providers that are avoiding the whole account trade deals, why just don't make a rule of leaving the account (new owner) a neutral feedback of telling, the following account is under a new ownership. Any feedback prior to this date would be inaccurate. I think something like that would be a good step plus at the same time, it won't give that much of freedom to the buyer to scam someone in the future (unless some fail to read the feedback).
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
February 21, 2016, 12:05:45 PM
It is amazing how many accounts get traded here per day. Before I stopped offering escrow I would get a tons of requests per week for account trades. If I had to guess I would say 5+ get traded per day here (likely a lot more). Looks like they are lacking an escrow these days till Sebastian returns....
February 21, 2016, 03:16:38 AM
therefore they'd want to sell it and when they do, new users would use the account to scam..
That might be the case or might not and there is no reason why anyone would avoid escrow anytime and if they do then there are consequences all the time and they themselves are responsible for that.

However, this is no where a valid reason to stop escrow services for the account trades cause it will only result in people getting scammed while waiting for the other party to send the login credentials or account being hacked otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
February 21, 2016, 01:09:44 AM
I want to appeal to all bitcointalk escrow providers.  Please stop providing escrow for bitcointalk account sales.  It is incredibly unethical and I think we as a community need to do our part to stop this practice, or at the very least not assist those who choose to participate.

Could you elaborate a bit? What morally wrong with account trades that justifies to make these trades more risky?

The account trade gives higher value to higher reputation member accounts.. therefore they'd want to sell it and when they do, new users would use the account to scam..

But, sig campaigns also give them value.. don't really know what my view on this is
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
February 20, 2016, 05:20:53 PM
I want to appeal to all bitcointalk escrow providers.  Please stop providing escrow for bitcointalk account sales.  It is incredibly unethical and I think we as a community need to do our part to stop this practice, or at the very least not assist those who choose to participate.

Could you elaborate a bit? What morally wrong with account trades that justifies to make these trades more risky?
February 19, 2016, 05:16:49 AM
I want to appeal to all bitcointalk escrow providers.  Please stop providing escrow for bitcointalk account sales.  It is incredibly unethical and I think we as a community need to do our part to stop this practice, or at the very least not assist those who choose to participate.

It is pretty shitty not knowing who you can trust, knowing that people will farm accounts and sell them to buyers who use them to simply rip people off. It's unethical, yes, but this behaviour will likely continue as long as there's potential for profit (illegitimate or not)
Other than that it is pretty selfish behavior cause you are asking the escrow's to not to provide their service particularly for what you dislike while knowing that it might result in a lot of scams while buying/selling them and the scammer might simply repeat it as there is no one to shed light on the situation.
Well OgNasty has spoken out about the digital goods section. And I can agree, I vouched a guy that turned out to be a scammer. I probably will not be vouching, or taking chances with video game keys in digital section anymore.

Account selling is up to escrow discretion in my opinion. I personally wouldn't sell, and I wouldn't escrow because there is nothing to say accounts could be attempted to recover, used for scamming or any other things.
That is the point of the discussion.If there is an escrow involved in the trade then no scammer would succeed even if he bought a legendary account with some significant trust rating on it.
Vouching is something different and it is not mandatory in this case as the need of the escrow is only to keep the trade smooth for both the parties.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
February 19, 2016, 04:33:33 AM
I want to appeal to all bitcointalk escrow providers.  Please stop providing escrow for bitcointalk account sales.  It is incredibly unethical and I think we as a community need to do our part to stop this practice, or at the very least not assist those who choose to participate.

It is pretty shitty not knowing who you can trust, knowing that people will farm accounts and sell them to buyers who use them to simply rip people off. It's unethical, yes, but this behaviour will likely continue as long as there's potential for profit (illegitimate or not)
Other than that it is pretty selfish behavior cause you are asking the escrow's to not to provide their service particularly for what you dislike while knowing that it might result in a lot of scams while buying/selling them and the scammer might simply repeat it as there is no one to shed light on the situation.
Well OgNasty has spoken out about the digital goods section. And I can agree, I vouched a guy that turned out to be a scammer. I probably will not be vouching, or taking chances with video game keys in digital section anymore.

Account selling is up to escrow discretion in my opinion. I personally wouldn't sell, and I wouldn't escrow because there is nothing to say accounts could be attempted to recover, used for scamming or any other things.
February 19, 2016, 04:07:35 AM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 18, 2016, 05:29:38 PM

Pages:
Jump to: