Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely! - page 13. (Read 108329 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1351
April 09, 2016, 12:50:50 PM
hallo , where the escrow ? i need to my thread
help

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-i-need-loan-urgent-1430887

thank you

Jump in to the first page there is a list of the available escrow. You can choose one of them, then ask him/her by pm. I would like to suggest SebastianJu, I think he is so active in this forum so you may get fast response.
SebastianJu official escrow thread :  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102721.240
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
April 09, 2016, 12:42:07 PM
hallo , where the escrow ? i need to my thread
help

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-i-need-loan-urgent-1430887

thank you
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
April 06, 2016, 02:02:36 PM
There aren't many trusted escrows left. I think only 3 or 4 that I can remember last time that I checked when I was looking for one to do a free escrow of funds for me.
Are the paid ones any better to trust with your deals and funds? After the last big one that was witnessed a month ago, I know many are questioning who can be really trusted with a very large escrow amount.

Which is why I'm suggesting people at least consider my suggested method using Part Public Key of the recipient - the Escrow doesn't have any control over the coins (by way of withdrawal) only the intended.

Wouldn't that somewhat kill the purpose of the escrow or how can he negotiate in case of a dispute.

Besides that... creating vanity addresses and building addresse with part keys might be some level of experience that not many traders can follow.
Anyways it should be done offline to ensure safety of private keys. On another machine. It just gets complicated.

You mean like how Escrows are signing messages with PGP/GPG now via an offline computer?

Asking for Part Public Keys might slow down some one who's looking to scam, it'll at least make them sit up and take notice (and pay closer attention).  It's an option an Escrow can offer.
I only read Sebastion's post. But looking at it now, it looks time intensive. I think I have wrapped my head around the concept, but am not completely sure.

I was meaning to secure the generation of bitcoin addresses you should generate them offline.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
April 06, 2016, 12:55:31 PM
There aren't many trusted escrows left. I think only 3 or 4 that I can remember last time that I checked when I was looking for one to do a free escrow of funds for me.
Are the paid ones any better to trust with your deals and funds? After the last big one that was witnessed a month ago, I know many are questioning who can be really trusted with a very large escrow amount.

Which is why I'm suggesting people at least consider my suggested method using Part Public Key of the recipient - the Escrow doesn't have any control over the coins (by way of withdrawal) only the intended.

Wouldn't that somewhat kill the purpose of the escrow or how can he negotiate in case of a dispute.

Besides that... creating vanity addresses and building addresse with part keys might be some level of experience that not many traders can follow.
Anyways it should be done offline to ensure safety of private keys. On another machine. It just gets complicated.

You mean like how Escrows are signing messages with PGP/GPG now via an offline computer?

Asking for Part Public Keys might slow down some one who's looking to scam, it'll at least make them sit up and take notice (and pay closer attention).  It's an option an Escrow can offer.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
April 05, 2016, 07:15:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:38:51 PM

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
April 03, 2016, 09:27:44 PM

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BetcoinRakeback.com
April 03, 2016, 09:19:13 PM
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
April 03, 2016, 07:30:55 PM
please advise me how to contact them for trade here using the escrow system here? need to have an escrow to minimize the risk.are those escrows trustworthy?
Just send the escrow a PM with the details of the trade. Make sure that you check the escrow's ANN thread for exact details on what you should do and what the escrow will do. The escrows listed on the OP are considered trustworthy.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
April 03, 2016, 07:28:51 PM
please advise me how to contact them for trade here using the escrow system here? need to have an escrow to minimize the risk.are those escrows trustworthy?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 29, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

I feel dumb to say that but I really don't have a clue what it's purpose can be. Cheesy Or what can be reached with it. What the advantage against multisig would be, for example. The things to do sound similar time intensive like multisig. Three parties involved, all three parties have to do something. And would it cost something to mine for such vanity keys or is it practically free now?

Yes it is better to go with multisignature. Scammers can easily generate vanity addresses and start their fake escrows outside bitcointalk.
Just as an example look at how scammers could duplicate OGNasty's vanity address.

I'm going to have to phrase an answer for you both in a few hours time.

In my example the 12o67TLExampLe1a1a1a wallet is generated for payment from the customer by shorena who is negotiating the generation of a vanity wallet by myself ( Timelord2067 ) for Alice.  Alice provides her Part Public Key for the generation to occur 1Alice123abcExample
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
March 29, 2016, 07:47:01 AM
Timelord2067

I have read your post a couple of times and looked in the thread it's from but I don't really see what it's for. What's the advantage I would want to ask but in fact I only see that the address would contain TL, so it might be coming from you.

I'm not certain what it is you're asking.

The 12067TL would take about 15 mins at 10MKeys/sec to reach 50% to generate a wallet with someone's Part Public Key where as 1TL2067 would take 8 hours at 10MKeys/sec to generate to the 50% benchmark.  As I also said in the post, it could as easily been

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

which have varying degrees of timing.  generating a distinct wallet was only a suggestion, possibly for cross checking later.

But what do you think of the concept for Escrow?

I feel dumb to say that but I really don't have a clue what it's purpose can be. Cheesy Or what can be reached with it. What the advantage against multisig would be, for example. The things to do sound similar time intensive like multisig. Three parties involved, all three parties have to do something. And would it cost something to mine for such vanity keys or is it practically free now?

Yes it is better to go with multisignature. Scammers can easily generate vanity addresses and start their fake escrows outside bitcointalk.
Just as an example look at how scammers could duplicate OGNasty's vanity address.
legendary
March 29, 2016, 06:59:05 AM
Timelord2067

I have read your post a couple of times and looked in the thread it's from but I don't really see what it's for. What's the advantage I would want to ask but in fact I only see that the address would contain TL, so it might be coming from you.

The 12067TL would take about 15 mins at 10MKeys/sec to reach 50% to generate a wallet with someone's Part Public Key where as 1TL2067 would take 8 hours at 10MKeys/sec to generate to the 50% benchmark.  As I also said in the post, it could as easily been

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

which have varying degrees of timing.  generating a distinct wallet was only a suggestion, possibly for cross checking later.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 28, 2016, 05:38:41 AM
Timelord2067

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

legendary
March 28, 2016, 04:20:21 AM
Timelord2067

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 27, 2016, 09:15:31 PM
As with DannyHamilton 's discussion at the top of the (now last) page, I expect scammers will get very cold feet when pressed for this methodology, true there is a risk the person sending to this wallet will get burnt, but the one on the receiving end will never get the funds either.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 27, 2016, 09:04:32 PM
I always use coin control. All escrows should, or something like it. (Separate physical wallets or separate wallet files also works.)

I've been having a think about this in another thread - this is talking abut a third party generating a vanity wallet, however, it's application for the transfer of funds or goods has application. (If the Escrow is set up to do this)

Had a think about the farming work out for week(s) at a time work:  You ( shorena ) are contacted by a person wanting work that will take one or more weeks to solve.  You contact me to see if I am interested and I send you a Part Public key of mine which you generate a key with the prefix (something memorable ) for example... 1TL2o67 or 12o67TL (the latter I estimate to take about 15 mins at 11MKeys/sec to reach 50% mark)  You advise the person requesting work of this wallet address and they pay the full amount into that wallet.

You advise me of the wallet address and I confirm payment via http://blockchain.info/address/12o67TLetcETC and begin mining with the details provided using the third parties Part Public Key.  When I find the required solution, I send the found Part Private Key to you ( shorena ), you forward to the client who confirms it's validity.  You then send me the part Part Private Key for the 1TL2o67 / 12o67TL wallet and from those funds I then send you a small token agreed to previously.

for example...
You have reinvented escrow, very nice!
One suggestion though: get a shorter prefix, like 1Time. It's 30 times faster to find, you don't want it to take hours if the 15 minutes for 50% turns out to be unlucky.

for example...
You have reinvented escrow, very nice!
One suggestion though: get a shorter prefix, like 1Time. It's 30 times faster to find, you don't want it to take hours if the 15 minutes for 50% turns out to be unlucky.

True
Code:
12o67
was instantaneous even with the Part Public Key I used - I thought for the example I'd use something a little more identifiable with my own account instead of just

Code:
12345 or
1abcd
1abcdef

With a random generator I could have said

Code:
1TX4s4
1HGYti
1htbLL
19meDb
1bHcXM
1Wxn8J
17vYSO

which would leave the client clueless as to who was doing the actual mining.  I feel with a shortened moniker this would allay any concerns about a self escrowing scam being committed...

To transpose this into the transfer of crypto to fiat, Regardless of which one is contacting the Escrow , the escrow either asks the seller or buyer for a Part Public Key depending on who is receiving what...

(and PayPal is a reversible method of payment)

small token agreed to previously

means the escrow can request a fee or donation for doing this.

Thanks for reading...
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
March 27, 2016, 08:44:50 PM
I prefer the non-instant escrow contracts, usually these are physical items shipped, or when the buyer and seller can wait a few hours.

Yes, I mean some escrows seem to be online all the time, even without a script that automatically checks the forum and lets them look like being online. Though it can't be done for all. So I often lose escrow requests because I'm answering too late. Tongue

Though another good thing is that deals where the trading partner try to push you and are in a rush, are not seldom a scammers attempt to hide an error in the product. Hopes the escrow doesn't check the item in escrow well enough or so.

So better not letting someone push you.

BitPop says his machine is on 24/7 and it refreshes (paraphrasing here) every hour.
legendary
March 17, 2016, 05:31:25 AM
I prefer the non-instant escrow contracts, usually these are physical items shipped, or when the buyer and seller can wait a few hours.

Yes, I mean some escrows seem to be online all the time, even without a script that automatically checks the forum and lets them look like being online. Though it can't be done for all. So I often lose escrow requests because I'm answering too late. Tongue

Though another good thing is that deals where the trading partner try to push you and are in a rush, are not seldom a scammers attempt to hide an error in the product. Hopes the escrow doesn't check the item in escrow well enough or so.

So better not letting someone push you.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
March 16, 2016, 10:28:52 PM
Pages:
Jump to: