Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely! - page 12. (Read 108329 times)

legendary
Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886
May 02, 2016, 07:41:30 PM
Might be the wrong place for it, but I made a free escrow service and would appreciate being listed.  Cool

https://www.bithra.com/  (thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bithracom-free-and-provably-fair-escrow-1456828)

It has no fees, and it's completely automated (thus has no arbitration). It's designed to be the moral equivalent of 2-of-2 multisig, but easier to use  (initiated completely by 1 party, and no public keys).
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:13:03 AM

rem123

I would like to be added to the list of escrow services 1% (Min 0.01BTC)
1500+ trades localbitcoins.com
Many vouches.

It's not enough to claim you had such amounts of trades. It's not enough to register a name of an escrow that might exist on another forum. You would need to proof that you are this same person. You would do that by signing a message with an old address this escrow posted somewhere. Or proof that you own his pgp key.
There are no rules in regards to who can and cannot offer their escrow services. Even when deciding who to trust to act as escrow, the judgment used is more of an art then a science. Anyone can choose to trust anyone to act as an escrow agent for any given trade.

I would not personally trust someone simply because they have a lot of trades under their belt on LBC, especially considering that it is fairly common for LBC accounts to be traded. 1,500 trades is a lot though and someone with that many trades is likely to have a lot of experience in terms of evaluating conditions of a trade. 

You are right of course. Everyone can trust everyone. Though when asking to be included into this list here it would be fully useless to claim such amount of trades and have nothing but his word for it. Maybe he only registered the username of an escrow on the other forum? Anyway... proofing such trades is worth a lot for trust and needed before Marco considers to add him.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
May 02, 2016, 03:03:04 AM

rem123

Many vouches.

It's not enough to claim you had such amounts of trades. It's not enough to register a name of an escrow that might exist on another forum. You would need to proof that you are this same person. You would do that by signing a message with an old address this escrow posted somewhere. Or proof that you own his pgp key.
There are no rules in regards to who can and cannot offer their escrow services. Even when deciding who to trust to act as escrow, the judgment used is more of an art then a science. Anyone can choose to trust anyone to act as an escrow agent for any given trade.

I would not personally trust someone simply because they have a lot of trades under their belt on LBC, especially considering that it is fairly common for LBC accounts to be traded. 1,500 trades is a lot though and someone with that many trades is likely to have a lot of experience in terms of evaluating conditions of a trade. 
legendary
May 02, 2016, 02:51:33 AM
knightdk

I have a question... assuming a 2 of 3 multisig escrow... when the coins are released out of the multisig address, can it be said who of these 3 signed the message for the release? Or could one person try to scam by playing 2 persons and scamming the third? Claiming that he signed without it being right already?
The signatures are public, so it would be fairly trivial to figure out which keys signed the transaction.

Thanks, that's good to know regarding safety of an escrow in such situation.

rem123

Many vouches.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
May 02, 2016, 01:41:27 AM
It's marcotheminer's thread, so it's basically his list. I'm at the bottom of the list, but I'm not complaining. Might consider raising my rates actually, I haven't changed them in 3 years.
yeah .. indeed .. and it's why i suggest to th OP to change the title of this thread in:
 " marcotheminer's Bitcointalk escrow list" .... ( sarcasm..  Wink )
 i really love the part:
It's marcotheminer's thread, so it's basically his list
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
May 01, 2016, 11:11:43 PM
It's marcotheminer's thread, so it's basically his list. I'm at the bottom of the list, but I'm not complaining. Might consider raising my rates actually, I haven't changed them in 3 years.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
May 01, 2016, 07:57:54 PM
I have a question... assuming a 2 of 3 multisig escrow... when the coins are released out of the multisig address, can it be said who of these 3 signed the message for the release? Or could one person try to scam by playing 2 persons and scamming the third? Claiming that he signed without it being right already?
The signatures are public, so it would be fairly trivial to figure out which keys signed the transaction.
legendary
May 01, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
May 01, 2016, 07:48:15 AM
Many vouches.

So, tell us about yourself.  No trades on your Wallet Address (from your profile page) https://blockchain.info/address/1CAGaKUne9xfjigB37zUjRADTRwoQnezSj as yet.

Do you have an Escrow page as yet?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
May 01, 2016, 07:32:06 AM
Many vouches.
legendary
May 01, 2016, 05:17:49 AM
right , thanx for the update marco. also , it's only 1% for my escrow service . ( not + tx fee)
Thanx.  Cheesy

is this "your list" ?  do  you think having the right to choose who can be  mentioned on this list ?
hilarious...

you have removed me from this list just to make pleasure to vod , without any legit reason , who are you for thinking having the right to judge ? what kind of credibility do you have ?
edit for your mind: I NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF DEAL WITH VOD ....   so, on what criters have you removed me from "your" list  ? on vod based fake accusations ? .... take the time to think about that ... and judge yourself .

remind you this PM...  :

dear marco,

i contact you cause i dont undersatnd why i'm removed from bitcointalk escrow list .. my thread is still open ..

Thanx a lot in advance to correct that.

Best regards,

You have negative trust from Vod. I'm not sure anyone would agree with having you in the thread. If you can convince Vod to change his rating to a neutral, I will consider adding you once again. Smiley

Regards
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
May 01, 2016, 05:15:38 AM
I don't mind Hilarious updating the list as long as he lets me know (and others) what has changed. Smiley
legendary
April 29, 2016, 02:37:43 PM
i inform  all interested users ( and marotheminer by the way : if you can add me back to your list ..  ),  about my escrow service is available again .
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-offer-escrow-service-1054602

kind regards  Wink
I don't think Marco has updated this list in a while now. The same is actually true for most of his threads. I might see about asking him if he minds if haralious or another moderator edits the OP to keep it updated.
ho.. i see.. it  should be indeed a good idea ...  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
April 29, 2016, 12:52:07 PM
i inform  all interested users ( and marotheminer by the way : if you can add me back to your list ..  ),  about my escrow service is available again .

kind regards  Wink
I don't think Marco has updated this list in a while now. The same is actually true for most of his threads. I might see about asking him if he minds if haralious or another moderator edits the OP to keep it updated.
legendary
April 29, 2016, 12:10:06 PM
i inform  all interested users ( and marotheminer by the way : if you can add me back to your list ..  ),  about my escrow service is available again .

kind regards  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
April 27, 2016, 11:14:59 PM
Hey marco, I'd like to ask permission to translate this thread to my local subforum here. It would be easy for some if we also have this list.

I don't think you need permission for this. you  can translate it into your local language/board on the forum and give credit to marco. and add a link to this official list.
you can ask marco on PM also. I think he is not following his thread anymore. because I see new escrow services available but marco didn't updated the OP yet.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 23, 2016, 07:45:33 AM
Looks like BitPop stopped providing his services  Embarrassed

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitpop-reputation-231416

(Just so you can update the list)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
April 22, 2016, 01:30:20 PM
You mean like how Escrows are signing messages with PGP/GPG now via an offline computer?

Asking for Part Public Keys might slow down some one who's looking to scam, it'll at least make them sit up and take notice (and pay closer attention).  It's an option an Escrow can offer.
I only read Sebastion's post. But looking at it now, it looks time intensive. I think I have wrapped my head around the concept, but am not completely sure.

I was meaning to secure the generation of bitcoin addresses you should generate them offline.

By having someone's Part Public Key and generating a "vanity" wallet  (eg 1234xxx) with that P'PubKey you could (and people do) post the resultant Part Private Key online and no one can access the funds except the wallet owner that it's destined for.

The funder gets a wallet address to send funds to by the Escrow, no different to the Escrow generating a one time wallet that they request funds are sent to - the only difference is the wallet can't be accessed by either the Escrow, nor the one the funds are going until the exchange is made, then the Escrow sends the Part Private Key.

The funder has to be made aware there will be no refunds (not unless the other party came to an arrangement with the Escrow to hand over the P'PrivKey ) - Similarly, the other party knows they won't get the funds until they hand over funds etc etc.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
April 22, 2016, 09:36:06 AM
Hey marco, I'd like to ask permission to translate this thread to my local subforum here. It would be easy for some if we also have this list.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 10, 2016, 02:37:03 AM
hallo , where the escrow ? i need to my thread
help

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-i-need-loan-urgent-1430887

thank you

Top 5 suggested escrows are the best ones, you can find them in the OP...
EDIT: I think you have already locked your loan thread...
Pages:
Jump to: