Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 42. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Top 3 teams will most likely be DC, MI and RCB unless we see some crazy upsets later on. The remaining teams are basically competing for the final spot at this point which is why it will be very close and NRR will probably play a huge role.

I am expecting SRH or KKR to seal that final spot though all teams have a fair shot. Punjab will probably need a miracle to qualify for the playoffs at this point.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
I think its safe to say that CSK virtually out from this season. They are left with 5-6 games i suppose and if they want to get direct entry (16 points) into playoff then they need to win every game from here (if 5 games are left), which seems very doubtful and not expecting any sort of miracle here.
They have 4 games left, have played 10 matches and won 3 among them. I don't think there's any chance left for them. There's a lot of if/and/else calculation if CSK have to qualify for the next round.
Yeah my mistake, each team playing 14 games. For playoff team need 16 points so CSK's 2020 IPL almost ends here as they need 10 more points and left with only 4 games.

I think its safe to say that CSK virtually out from this season. They are left with 5-6 games i suppose and if they want to get direct entry (16 points) into playoff then they need to win every game from here (if 5 games are left), which seems very doubtful and not expecting any sort of miracle here.

Every team still has chance to reach, once team qualified with 12 points. So there is still all chances to reach on qualifier but of course with lot's of if and but.
Correction.. each team needs 16 points not 12.. In case of tie situation on points, run rate might comes in play.

Lots of if/but for SRH and King XI Punjab. RR still in race if they manage to win their last 4 games.

I think it's the same story for SRH, KXIP and RR. Three of them have to win rest of their matches to qualify. It's just that RR have one match extra that they have played if Punjab wins today they will be at the same level as RR. Until now I think it's only Delhi Capitals that is surely qualified for the playoffs and would be pretty rest assured regarding it's remaining results. If any one is still supporting CSK I would just say he is too blind to realize that CSK didn't deserve to be in playoffs this time. They actually have performed the worst amongst all teams. If you leave out that one match when they chased with 10 wickets in hand agaisnt Punjab rest all their matches have been spiritless. Looks as if they were never really playing for the Cup this time. KXIP and RR on the other hand have shown pretty nice winning spirits on various occassion. I feel one of them should get into top 4.
There is solution for this, select pick before toss just don't lock. If you want to change after toss you can. I did that many times.

OK.. Let me try this. For this round, I have already locked all of my picks. Let me try this for the next round (Round 6). Normally, I make my picks 1-2 days before the match. But this time the toss is having such a big impact on the outcome, and if I can change my selection after the toss it may be a big help. But then the danger is that if somehow I miss to lock the selection, then it will automatically pick the default option.
I was thinking the same too. toss is going to be very important in almost every match of KXIP now and more important today. Unfortunately, I locked my pick and then realized how Important today's toss could be  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
There is solution for this, select pick before toss just don't lock. If you want to change after toss you can. I did that many times.

OK.. Let me try this. For this round, I have already locked all of my picks. Let me try this for the next round (Round 6). Normally, I make my picks 1-2 days before the match. But this time the toss is having such a big impact on the outcome, and if I can change my selection after the toss it may be a big help. But then the danger is that if somehow I miss to lock the selection, then it will automatically pick the default option.

You don't require to lock pick, I never lock mine pick. Lock only work to see other users pick. Otherwise it's not require at all.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

legendary
BTW, is it possible to place the bet after we know who won the toss? I tried this once (by then the match had started), but Superbru will not allow me to pick the side. So for that match I had to settle with the default pick. If we can pick after the toss, then it will be great. Because toss is having such an impact on the outcome this time.
Yeah but it's risky as you can miss to pick which jas happened with me in KKR vs SRH match but I'm lucky that I got 1 point by the default pick. At that time, wjat I have observed is, it's possible that superbru get slower sometimes.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
BTW, is it possible to place the bet after we know who won the toss? I tried this once (by then the match had started), but Superbru will not allow me to pick the side. So for that match I had to settle with the default pick. If we can pick after the toss, then it will be great. Because toss is having such an impact on the outcome this time.
Yeah but it's risky as you can miss to pick which jas happened with me in KKR vs SRH match but I'm lucky that I got 1 point by the default pick. At that time, wjat I have observed is, it's possible that superbru get slower sometimes.
DC is favorite no doubt as they had some good performance so far, they have the best all rounder of this season- Marcus Stoinis. They have outstanding bowling like Rabada and Nortje. However, KXIP seems to be different in the last two matches with the inclusion of Chris Gayle although he is yet to show Gayleness. I will pick after toss, may be I will pick batting first.
There's a chance that Pant will play tonight. Well, without Pant and with Pant, Delhi is still the same in my opinion as we didn't see any extraordinary performance from Pant till now, same is Alex Carey.

I have posted this many times - DC is the most balanced team in this tournament. They have very good batsmen, all rounders, spinners and pacers. They have performed exceptionally till now, while the teams led by superstars such as MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli are not doing that great.

Who is your favorite for today's match? King's XI Punjab has won two matches consecutively, but still I would assume that Delhi Capitals would win easily. But recent developments doesn't favor DC much. Rishabh Pant may not be able to play, and on the other hand KXIP middle order now looks strong thanks to the inclusion of Chris Gayle.  This time, both the teams have excellent depth bowling lineup. Nortje/Rabada for DC and Shami/Jordan for KXIP.
DC is favorite no doubt as they had some good performance so far, they have the best all rounder of this season- Marcus Stoinis. They have outstanding bowling like Rabada and Nortje. However, KXIP seems to be different in the last two matches with the inclusion of Chris Gayle although he is yet to show Gayleness. I will pick after toss, may be I will pick batting first.
There's a chance that Pant will play tonight. Well, without Pant and with Pant, Delhi is still the same in my opinion as we didn't see any extraordinary performance from Pant till now, same is Alex Carey.
legendary
They have 4 games left, have played 10 matches and won 3 among them. I don't think there's any chance left for them. There's a lot of if/and/else calculation if CSK have to qualify for the next round.
Yeah my mistake, each team playing 14 games. For playoff team need 16 points so CSK's 2020 IPL almost ends here as they need 10 more points and left with only 4 games.

Every team still has chance to reach, once team qualified with 12 points. So there is still all chances to reach on qualifier but of course with lot's of if and but.
Correction.. each team needs 16 points not 12.. In case of tie situation on points, run rate might comes in play.

Lots of if/but for SRH and King XI Punjab. RR still in race if they manage to win their last 4 games.

16 points confirm the qualifier position, but before once team reached in qualifier with 12 points too. It's not necessary that you can't reach in qualifier with less than 16 points.

Check this http://prntscr.com/v2z0s2

or direct source https://www.espncricinfo.com/table/series/8048/season/2019/indian-premier-league
Who is your favorite for today's match? King's XI Punjab has won two matches consecutively, but still I would assume that Delhi Capitals would win easily. But recent developments doesn't favor DC much. Rishabh Pant may not be able to play, and on the other hand KXIP middle order now looks strong thanks to the inclusion of Chris Gayle.  This time, both the teams have excellent depth bowling lineup. Nortje/Rabada for DC and Shami/Jordan for KXIP.

BTW, I just want to post some random stats related to the match. KL Rahul averages 9 with the bat against Axar Patel, while Mayank Agarwal averages 10 against Ravichandran Ashwin.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Also, you forgot Vijay Shankar who is the true 3D player  Grin.
Vijay Shankar had his ever 1st bowled 4 over in t20 on lastatch and he did very good job. Kedhar Jadhav is a total waste for sure. I don't know who else is in the CSK team or who can replace him but trying anyone else would be pretty good.

Raina's absence has left such a huge void in CSK. The team management should have talked to him and encouraged him to return after a few days, rather than taking such a tough stance. There is a reason why he is the top run-scorer in the IPL. He still remains at that spot, even during his absence. Still it is not too late. 4-5 matches remain for the CSK and Raina's inclusion can make a huge difference.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
This contest made me understand one thing very, very nicely which is that IPL betting is easily one of the most difficult Cricket competitions to bet on and it makes sense considering the odds of both teams almost always lingering above 1.6.
The matches are really close and it is really difficult to predict most of the time but my picks are almost alright but sometimes the matches that i pick end up loosing because of blunders in the last two overs or fielders messing things up. This time the competition is so high and i have not seen Delhi playing like this in the past and they have a perfect combination of players and CSK is missing that combination and hence they are struggling.
Also, you forgot Vijay Shankar who is the true 3D player  Grin.
Vijay Shankar had his ever 1st bowled 4 over in t20 on lastatch and he did very good job. Kedhar Jadhav is a total waste for sure. I don't know who else is in the CSK team or who can replace him but trying anyone else would be pretty good.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Dhoni likes to keep him around in case his team fails then everybody especially fans could shit on Jadav and forget everything else  Grin. He's liability and freeloader in this squad. Not making runs, not bowling single over and bad fielder. He's pure 3 dimension player.  Cheesy
I guess another plausible reason could be Bravo's injury due to which they had no other choice. Also, you forgot Vijay Shankar who is the true 3D player  Grin.

Actually I am more than happy with result, I wasted many points on Punjab, otherwise points must be higher, though I am not great on pre match prediction. So this contest may be help me to focus on pre match betting too. Because 99% I do inplay betting.
This contest made me understand one thing very, very nicely which is that IPL betting is easily one of the most difficult Cricket competitions to bet on and it makes sense considering the odds of both teams almost always lingering above 1.6.
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
Today I changed my time after toss, it's work perfectly for me. compensate that Punjab loosing points. But I am still not able to generate margin points. Only 4 margin points, really pathetic on this.
This is still very good result even you are not able to have margin points but I am completely out as fail to have some good picks in current rounds as mind is still not working hopefully will have some points in future rounds.

Actually I am more than happy with result, I wasted many points on Punjab, otherwise points must be higher, though I am not great on pre match prediction. So this contest may be help me to focus on pre match betting too. Because 99% I do inplay betting.
Inplay betting is really fun because sometime we have really big odds which I have few seasons back but now have not enough time and things to do this again even few days back as one team was on @11 I was sure this is going to win and same happen but sadly I was unable to have any good and posiitve result from this.
legendary
Today I changed my time after toss, it's work perfectly for me. compensate that Punjab loosing points. But I am still not able to generate margin points. Only 4 margin points, really pathetic on this.
This is still very good result even you are not able to have margin points but I am completely out as fail to have some good picks in current rounds as mind is still not working hopefully will have some points in future rounds.

Pages:
Jump to: