Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 40. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Once again poor performance from CSK as expected although at the very first match, they beat MI. Their batsman made some mistakes certainly. I guess Rayudu and MSD has given their wicket.
On the other hand, both the openers of MI had great performance; Ishan Kishan was superb. He seems quite flexible in opening than batting at 4/5 or other places. But there's no chance for him to start the match as in next match Rohit will come back; Surya is playing good at 3, so no chance for Ishan to change his position.
Activity: 966
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
KKR followed by CSK this time. What is going on? Bowlers are bowling really well towards the tail end of the tournament. I expected CSK to post 80 or something, but Curran took them all the way to 114 which is brilliant considering how much pressure he was under.

Tahir played some great shots too though I have no idea why he wasn't part of the team from the initial stages. MI are set to take the top position once again.
I totally agree with you.  CSK played exactly as KKR played in the last match.  I didn't think CSK's team combination was right. They are the worst team in terms of team combination this time.  No matter how bad the team combination is, no matter how bad the selection is, they put players like Imran Tahir on the bench.  It's really ridiculous.  On the other hand, I like the team combination of Mumbai Indians the best.  As strong as they are in terms of batting, they are just as strong in terms of bowling.  I am quite sure that the cup of this year's event will be in the hands of Mumbai Indians.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
What a dud game, glad didn't watch it. CSK did one good thing, giving chance to young batsmen and they should try this tactic for rest of the tournament, doesn't matter if they lose all game or not. They're already out anyway.

Consider remaining matches as practice game for 2021 season. Tongue

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
KKR followed by CSK this time. What is going on? Bowlers are bowling really well towards the tail end of the tournament. I expected CSK to post 80 or something, but Curran took them all the way to 114 which is brilliant considering how much pressure he was under.

Tahir played some great shots too though I have no idea why he wasn't part of the team from the initial stages. MI are set to take the top position once again.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Everyone should stop selecting their pick from now on.. Give some chance to bottom 3 participants, May be quota/reservation system needed here.
Stopping pick wouldn't guarantee bottom participants to get points and come closer to the higher as everyone else will be given default pick (5 times) and that will be enough I think. However, there are still chance for everyone. Look how webtricks, Royse777, pffrt has come closer to the topper. I had almost 2x point then pffrt I think but now he has more than me.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Congratulations to webtricks!!!

The 5th round was perhaps the toughest. There were a lot of upsets and close matches. Also, we had three super-overs in the same day. In the end, it was down to luck. Anyway, I hope the 6th round won't be this much unpredictable. The action moves to Sharjah, where we have short boundaries. I am expecting a few 200 plus scores and thrashing wins.  Grin
legendary
"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner".
Mubaraka ji

So you and @teosanru know each other irl, that's nice.

------
Rajasthan had no chance yesterday but i don't blame them as our 3 dimension dude Vijay Shankar is too good for everyone even Lord Tewatia.  Tongue

------
Everyone should stop selecting their pick from now on.. Give some chance to bottom 3 participants, May be quota/reservation system needed here.
legendary
Congrats webtricks. You really did a very outstanding job within last 2 rounds. Some other people have performed very well in the last round but it's me who got only 8 points from the last two rounds.
Here's my stats-
Round 1: 4
Round 2: 5
Round 3: 7
Round 4: 4
Round 5: 4
This two rounds lose me a lot of points.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner". Finally won a round! As I said earlier, it would take 2-3 rounds to get on track, here is my performance summary:

First 2 rounds - Total Points: 5 Total Correct Predictions: 4/13

Next three rounds: Total Points: 24 Correct Predictions: 17/27 with 8 margin points.
You nailed this round!!!

So we have a clear winner in this round not like last round that we had to end up with 3 round winners LOL
webtricks outnumbered everyone in this round. Pffrt and Igniter had a good round too with 8 points each.

I really had a bad round and was able to manage only 4 points which obviously dropped me in the leaderboard.

Congratulations webtricks!

Edit: Round table has been updated: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-ipl-prediction-pool-discussion-5114470
Time goes quick! We only left two more rounds!!!
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner". Finally won a round! As I said earlier, it would take 2-3 rounds to get on track, here is my performance summary:

Next three rounds: Total Points: 24 Correct Predictions: 17/27 with 8 margin points.

Manish Pandey showed complete dominance today! He batted with good intent, something which was missing from his batting from long time. Last time I saw him playing with this much maturity was year and half ago in IPL12. That was April 27th 2019, I was with @teosanru and we were enjoying Misal Pao in Pune's local restaurant while watching Manish Pandey's pacy innings. Hope you remember bud  Cheesy

Good comeback from SRH, hope they would still qualify for play-offs.

Haha yeah Man! How can I forget that! Congratulation on win in this round! 

SRH have made this competition even more interesting now. RR seems to be out of this tournament just like CSK. Now all eyes are on the fight between SRH, KXIP and KKR. Which will also be narrowed down after the Next match of KXIP and SRH after which the loser would be out of the tournament. I think the rest of the three teams should comfortably qualify by winning a couple of matches out of their remaining 4-5. KKR has the added edge of winning one extra match as they can afford to lose one match and could still qualify by winning the rest 3. Unfortunately KXIP and SRH do not enjoy the Luxury. Day after tomorrow's match would be pretty interesting.

Meanwhile some CSK Fans still hoping if their team can qualify for the playoffs. Grin Grin  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

Manish Pandey showed complete dominance today! He batted with good intent, something which was missing from his batting from long time. Last time I saw him playing with this much maturity was year and half ago in IPL12. That was April 27th 2019, I was with @teosanru and we were enjoying Misal Pao in Pune's local restaurant while watching Manish Pandey's pacy innings. Hope you remember bud  Cheesy

Good comeback from SRH, hope they would still qualify for play-offs.

Finally, Manish Pandey is back in his form. Two early wickets have gone but Manish and Vijay (too slow though) have got the needed partnership and match now seems easy. I liked Holder coming in the team but I think Willimson should be kept in the team by excluding either Warner or Bairstaw (that would require little change too).
I predicted a comfortable win, but never expected SRH to beat RR this easily after losing Warner and Bairstow so quickly. Pandey and Shankar were fantastic together.

It would be a tough call to replace Bairstow with Williamson and replacing Warner is absolute stupidity. Bairstow scored 97 recently which is why he will probably stay. Holder will probably stay too.

The problem with SRH has never been their foreign players, but the fault almost always belonged to the domestic players. Manish Pandey is the only consistent one among them currently.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Finally, Manish Pandey is back in his form. Two early wickets have gone but Manish and Vijay (too slow though) have got the needed partnership and match now seems easy. I liked Holder coming in the team but I think Willimson should be kept in the team by excluding either Warner or Bairstaw (that would require little change too).
And 2 valuable players Narine/Rusell are not performing, now kicked out. Mr Khan might start crying soon.
Lol. You do realize that SRK is one of the richest actors in the world, don't you? KKR losing would probably cause a small dent in his finances. Apart from that, KKR already won IPL twice so far which is a pretty good return on his investment. However, he probably would still be sad for obvious reasons.

I think they will surely lose the match and if they play on target, they must have to keep RR below 160 which I think impossible with their bowling unless Rashid Khan becomes the Lord Siraj  Cheesy
Very little is impossible when it comes to the IPL. RR got restricted to 154 which is a decent target. However, SRH is currently struggling.
legendary
RR's inconsistency is the reason I am betting on SRH even though they have a better team than SRH in many ways. What do you guys think?
I don't think SRH can win the match. RR have both sides strong while SRH batting isn't good at all. If SRH bat first, I think they will surely lose the match and if they play on target, they must have to keep RR below 160 which I think impossible with their bowling unless Rashid Khan becomes the Lord Siraj  Cheesy
legendary
What happened in the last game? I missed it everything. Did RCB really bowl that well or KKR's batsmen shit the bed one more time? Mo. Siraj is man of the match so bit confuse, his figures looking juicy tho.
Mohammed Siraj
Lord Siraj
So Lord Siraj came to rescue RCB, everyone should bow down to his new avatar. so far he's loving his outing in UAE, the way RCB performing Virat should try Umesh Yadav too who knows if .... lol   Grin Grin

~snip~

The KKR batsmen threw away their wickets, as always. Siraj, Morris and Chahal didn't had to put in much effort. They bowled in a disciplined manner and the incompetence of the KKR batsmen did the rest. Shubman Gill and others need to do a self-evaluation. KKR paid $252,000 for him, and his performance hasn't justified this valuation till now.
And 2 valuable players Narine/Rusell are not performing, now kicked out. Mr Khan might start crying soon.

Edit

~snip~
Yeah my mistake, each team playing 14 games. For playoff team need 16 points so CSK's 2020 IPL almost ends here as they need 10 more points and left with only 4 games.

I think its safe to say that CSK virtually out from this season. They are left with 5-6 games i suppose and if they want to get direct entry (16 points) into playoff then they need to win every game from here (if 5 games are left), which seems very doubtful and not expecting any sort of miracle here.

Every team still has chance to reach, once team qualified with 12 points. So there is still all chances to reach on qualifier but of course with lot's of if and but.
Correction.. each team needs 16 points not 12.. In case of tie situation on points, run rate might comes in play.

Lots of if/but for SRH and King XI Punjab. RR still in race if they manage to win their last 4 games.

16 points confirm the qualifier position, but before once team reached in qualifier with 12 points too. It's not necessary that you can't reach in qualifier with less than 16 points.

Check this http://prntscr.com/v2z0s2

or direct source https://www.espncricinfo.com/table/series/8048/season/2019/indian-premier-league
Yeah apart from 16 points qualification its Basically top points equation for the rest of the teams, in case of tie NRR comes in play. so we are not in disagreement here.
RR vs SRH up next people. RR is back in form while SRH is going through a slump, but I am betting on SRH to get back to their winning ways since they lost recent matches by very small margins and this game is all about those margins.

RR's inconsistency is the reason I am betting on SRH even though they have a better team than SRH in many ways. What do you guys think?
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
What happened in the last game? I missed it everything. Did RCB really bowl that well or KKR's batsmen shit the bed one more time? Mo. Siraj is man of the match so bit confuse, his figures looking juicy tho.

The KKR batsmen threw away their wickets, as always. Siraj, Morris and Chahal didn't had to put in much effort. They bowled in a disciplined manner and the incompetence of the KKR batsmen did the rest. Shubman Gill and others need to do a self-evaluation. KKR paid $252,000 for him, and his performance hasn't justified this valuation till now.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Haha I think it's the first time that RCB is on the bowling side most of the time they were the side making the lowest total Lol
Very true. RCB holds the record for the lowest IPL score of 49 runs against KKR in 2017 and look at how the tables have turned now.

The toss was crucial as the wicket was fresh but the KKR captain choose to bat and it was helping the bowlers a lot and if RCB was batting first they would have struggled too.
Honestly, KKR have been lucky on multiple occasions in recent matches. For example, Punjab literally handed them a win in their recent encounter when everyone expected Punjab to win. Also, they barely won against SRH in the superover.
Hahaha Lord Siraj showed some great bowling. I don't know how today his ball was moving in the air. If you watch the highlights for the first time in IPL I have seen him bowling this kind of swing. Let's see if his able to get back his form this IPL. The credit actually goes to Kohli who trusted him. Any other captain would have shown him the way outside pretty earlier. But I think he still shouldn't be given bowling at the death. He would still bowl in his old similar fashion if given bowling at death.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
It was domination especially from Mohammed Siraj who took the new ball along with Chris Morris who was consistent with the ball when he got a place in the team and now RCB looks like a strong contender as they have the batting talents and now the bowlers are backing them up and if they can improve their fielding and take the catches they can win the tournament.

The pitch was helping the bowlers and the RCB bowlers took full advantage even spinners were brilliant.
Pages:
Jump to: