Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 43. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 236
Today I changed my time after toss, it's work perfectly for me. compensate that Punjab loosing points. But I am still not able to generate margin points. Only 4 margin points, really pathetic on this.
This is still very good result even you are not able to have margin points but I am completely out as fail to have some good picks in current rounds as mind is still not working hopefully will have some points in future rounds.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
Today I changed my time after toss, it's work perfectly for me. compensate that Punjab loosing points. But I am still not able to generate margin points. Only 4 margin points, really pathetic on this.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
What's going on? CSK had a hard time to score tonight. I thiught RR will easily take winning but it seems that's not going to be easy. They have already lost 3 early wickets. Although the target is too low, I guess they will have hard time chasing it.
CSK have been batting like they are playing TEST Cricket  Grin . Even their main pinch Hitter Sam Curran had a strike rate of less than 100  Grin . I think this is what happens when you don't allow the players to play their natural game. Work of Sam Curran wasn't to stay till 10-15 overs. His work was to give a kick start to the team from the front so that the Senior Citizens could bat gradually. The Irony of Innings of CSK was that they didn't even tried to hit a lot in death overs. I don't think pitch was that bad today. Except Smith no one from RR is playing that slow. Smith I think is remembering his good old days of Test Cricket too.

Fun Fact: Just calculated average age of CSK's top 7 batsmen. If you Include Sam Curran means age of 7 batsmen is around 34 years rounding off as I haven't counted days just years. But If you exclude Sam Curran the average age goes up to 36 years. I am not against Dhoni but I remember how he used to stress upon keeping young players in team back in 2007-2010 Period especially for T20s. I think they would surely be the oldest team in this IPL.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
SRH seems to have better batsmen when compared to CSK these days. It seems like RR will thrash CSK at this rate. One of the craziest parts of this IPL season is Jadhav's batting performances.

The man keeps playing T20 cricket like test matches and what's even more fascinating is that CSK keeps giving him more and more chances knowing that he is under-performing. They should learn from KKR and DC when it comes to changing players.
Dhoni likes to keep him around in case his team fails then everybody especially fans could shit on Jadav and forget everything else  Grin. He's liability and freeloader in this squad. Not making runs, not bowling single over and bad fielder. He's pure 3 dimension player.  Cheesy

What's going on?
They are playing Dumb Charades.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
What's going on? CSK had a hard time to score tonight. I thiught RR will easily take winning but it seems that's not going to be easy. They have already lost 3 early wickets. Although the target is too low, I guess they will have hard time chasing it.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
SRH seems to have better batsmen when compared to CSK these days. It seems like RR will thrash CSK at this rate. One of the craziest parts of this IPL season is Jadhav's batting performances.

The man keeps playing T20 cricket like test matches and what's even more fascinating is that CSK keeps giving him more and more chances knowing that he is under-performing. They should learn from KKR and DC when it comes to changing players.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Really fuming, I lost many points because I was always supporting Punjab, now today, I was opposing them, and they won. Really bad luck of mine.

Oh.. the same happened to me, with CSK. I made one bet in their favor and they lost the match very badly. The next time I made a bet against them. And that was when Watson and du Plessis guided them to a 10 wicket win against the Kings XI Punjab. This edition of the IPL has been very unpredictable. Heroes of one match becomes zeroes in the next match. And then we have people like Chris Morris and Lockie Ferguson, who appear out of nowhere and become stars.
legendary
Wow. Wow. Wow. This IPL season is insane. 2 freaking super-overs in a row. This is a new record people. MI has some insane luck linked to them. I thought Punjab would easily win this one, but Jordan messed up the 2nd run completely.

Loving this season. Am expecting MI to win the superover though it will probably be close.

Edit: Lol. This is insane. A super over draw. What a Sunday people. Another super-over! What are the chances?

ROFLMAO.  Grin

Today we had two matches and three super overs. This is the new record. I don't think that this has happened before in any level of T20 cricket (international or franchise). KXIP won the match, because they were not over-dependent on any one bowler. On the other hand, once Bumrah bowled out his quota, the Mumbai Indians were struggling to find someone who could bowl the second super over.
Indeed a crazy Sunday.. So many up and downs, want to bitch about thing or two as i lost money on both games  Grin but damn what a game of cricket. Argubly best day in IPL history.

Although this is not first time but this one was indeed big in comparison of other domestic tournaments.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Drama over Drama & 2 points for me  Wink and the bet  Grin MI got the chance to get the match won at the first super over; I have to agree that Shami was superv at the super over but still, D Cock and Rohit wasted two balls which could be a boundary. Nevertheless, it was certainly a entertaining one.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
Really fuming, I lost many points because I was always supporting Punjab, now today, I was opposing them, and they won. Really bad luck of mine.
Wow. Wow. Wow. This IPL season is insane. 2 freaking super-overs in a row. This is a new record people. MI has some insane luck linked to them. I thought Punjab would easily win this one, but Jordan messed up the 2nd run completely.

Loving this season. Am expecting MI to win the superover though it will probably be close.

Edit: Lol. This is insane. A super over draw. What a Sunday people. Another super-over! What are the chances?

ROFLMAO.  Grin

Today we had two matches and three super overs. This is the new record. I don't think that this has happened before in any level of T20 cricket (international or franchise). KXIP won the match, because they were not over-dependent on any one bowler. On the other hand, once Bumrah bowled out his quota, the Mumbai Indians were struggling to find someone who could bowl the second super over.

Haha this really is height on entertainment. I don't care if it was fixed or what  Grin but it definitely was entertaining. Chris Jordan did his best to ensure that Punjab don't win. But I think the best performers for KXIP were Rahul, Shami, Gayle and not to forget Mayank Aggarwal with that great stop and then those couple of fours. Even though it could have been an easy win for KXIP but the match went too far. But after today I believe KXIP should be a different team. They have found their winning combination and they are still on number 6 could have been on 5th with just a little better Run rate.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

No one expected two matches to tie today and it is an exceptional game of cricket for the fans and it is difficult for anyone to predict these kind of games. In the first game Warner could have taken them to victory but unfortunately tied the match and lost the match in the super over and now in this match the situation is exactly like the world cup, tie in the match and the first super over is a tie and if the second super over is a tie will they go for another super over  Cheesy.

Edit:  Finally Kings XI Punjab won the match and inclusion of Gayle in the later part is a major change in their fortunes and they should have done that from the start.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Hey man is it some sort of joke or what? Second super over of the day? Grin i don't know this is entertaining but still it's too dubious thing I would say. Matches being competitive is another thing. But ending in ties is another story altogether. Even though this was a pretty close call maybe just couple of inches cost KXIP this match. Even that ball not given wide by the umpires would raise many eyebrows for sure Grin now I think it's pretty easy for MI to win. Bumrah is their key here. KXIP do have Shami but he is nowhere close to Bumrah.
Strange that Pollard is called again to bowl. I don't see a reason to call him. R Chahar, Bumrah, Krunal, Coulter Nile could bowl 16 overs easily. 1 over from Pollard was okay but calling him 2nd time was wrong decision I guess as Boult has already completed his 3rd over. Even anyone from the rest four would do poor bowling, Pollard can be called later.
Nevertheless, MI has got back into the match.
It was quite surprising to see that Morgan was pretty much stuck with Injured Russel while he could barely bowl. KKR were just too lucky today to have win this match. But I think this team combination for them is much better. They should continue with this only. What was more surprising was 3rd super over in this IPL. I am surprised that tie is becoming such a common result in cricket. In 32 matches it's the 3rd super over. I was pretty surprised with shot choice of Warner when you need to 2 runs of last ball. But Ferguson was the key player who got them this match.

Shivam Mavi had one over remaining, so it was really surprising to see Russell bowling. Even in his first over, he was not looking fully fit. In the end, the tactic worked for Morgan and the KKR. Also, Mavi's 3rd over went for plenty of runs, and Morgan probably wanted to avoid what happened to Jaydev Unadkat yesterday, at the hand of AB de Villiers.
What a partnership at the end by Pollar and Coulter Nile! Who would have thought that KXIP have to chase 176 tonight? It's only MI who can do this I guess. They are so far the best at the death overs following RR. With some early wickets, I have left the hope of win the bet tonight.
I thought KXIP is bowling so well today. Even their 6th bowler was having such a good Economy rate but into the death they once again choked. I think KL Rahul should bowl out 2 overs of Jordan in the beginning and then keep 2-3 overs of Shami for death 18th and 20th straight. No other bowler is able to crack that slog bowling key for KXIP Shami is their best bet. Arshdeep is a good young bowler but isn't experienced enough to bowl at death. But I am eager to see Chris Gayle today.
SRH has let me down once again. I miss the old Warner who usually played big shots all the time and helped his team post big scores consistently. Currently, Warner probably is playing more cautiously since many of the SRH batsmen are not dependable.

What the heck was the team management thinking sending Samad instead of Williamson in the super-over. Also, just like teosanru, I was disappointed with Warner's shot selection towards the end.
Williamson was struggling with the niggle issue, he hurt himself during fielding that's why he opened the inning so that he could make some quick run in power play without taking risk of running 1s or 2s. Samad was actually good choice for super over, he was striking quite well when chasing but this day belongs to Lockie Ferguson and was too good for the SRH's batsmen, he clean bowled every one with the yorkers ( Priyam Garg, Manish Pandey then Warner and Samad in superover) I lost some money today and super over was bit dull but it was excellent game.
Oh I didn't know Williamson was injured I was surprised to see Samad instead of Williamson in super over. Looks like a pretty injury prone match. Even KKR would have been in a problem if it was a bigger target in Super over they also didn't had Andre Russel.
legendary
SRH has let me down once again. I miss the old Warner who usually played big shots all the time and helped his team post big scores consistently. Currently, Warner probably is playing more cautiously since many of the SRH batsmen are not dependable.

What the heck was the team management thinking sending Samad instead of Williamson in the super-over. Also, just like teosanru, I was disappointed with Warner's shot selection towards the end.
Williamson was struggling with the niggle issue, he hurt himself during fielding that's why he opened the inning so that he could make some quick run in power play without taking risk of running 1s or 2s. Samad was actually good choice for super over, he was striking quite well when chasing but this day belongs to Lockie Ferguson and was too good for the SRH's batsmen, he clean bowled every one with the yorkers ( Priyam Garg, Manish Pandey then Warner and Samad in superover) I lost some money today and super over was bit dull but it was excellent game.
What a partnership at the end by Pollar and Coulter Nile! Who would have thought that KXIP have to chase 176 tonight? It's only MI who can do this I guess. They are so far the best at the death overs following RR. With some early wickets, I have left the hope of win the bet tonight.
Pages:
Jump to: