Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 48. (Read 17703 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Always fun to watch when AB delivers Grin Mr 360 degree showed us again why he's still best in the business even after his early retirement, such a shame that he took early retirement from the international cricket. It was indeed sad day for every cricket lover.

Its sharjah but it seems pitch behaving differently from last couple of games. Its still below par score here in this venue but not sure if it would be easy ball park or KKR as pitch is getting slow for batters and ball are not coming easy.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Yeah even this match he had some sort of an argument but I don't exactly know who was at fault but I don't think he could play for team India. So on your point that he has a great career ahead. He might become a great IPL player but so far his stats Don't add up to make him play for India. Reason is simple he is roughly 28 now. Moreover so far I don't think he has either a developed batting or bowling. He is more like Vijay shankar. Can bat and can bowl but not great at both. He either has to come up the order once or twice and play dependable innings to be selected for national team because there is already too much competition in the National team.

It was not Tewatia's fault. He is a soft-spoken and mild natured person, who normally ignore provocations. But yesterday Khaleel Ahmed sledged him during the 20th over and Tewatia was complaining to the umpire about the words that were used by the bowler. He was very upset that he took the issue with the SRH captain, even after the match was finished. Khaleel tried to downplay the issue and ignore it after the match.
I still think that these things are just part of game and one shouldn't judge any player merely because he showed some aggression on the ground. Dubai is already pretty hot these days and then there is the heat of this IPL so these things happen. I still remember when Sreesanth was slapped by harbhajan singh. LOL so people must chill out not everyone is Rahul Dravid these days.
This can be the life-changing moment for Rajasthan Royals. Middle order was their sole issue. They have very strong top order (Samson, Smith, Buttler.etc) and good pace bowling lineup (Archer, Tyagi.etc). The addition of Stokes transform Rajasthan Royals to one of the most perfectly balanced teams in this IPL. On top of that, his addition to the team should lift the morale as well.
RR managed to win the match but it was again because of Tewatia and some contribution from Parag at the end. There were no other batsman even the presence of Stokes was not working. Yes, they have deep batting line-up, but they are lacking to play their batsmen in the right position. Too many experiments are costing them.

Everyone should bow down to Lord Tewatia, he can do anything on his day. No one even expecting that they could win the game after losing Stokes-Buttler-Smith-Samon but Tewatia has other plans as he's one true demi god who could %$k up all your calculation anytime Grin
Well man thanks to lord Tewatia I won a point after around 9 matches. I thought I am going to lose this one again but he really has some magical touch in his batting. He bats pretty cunningly with keeping field in mind. The way he batted to Rashid Khan was best example of this. Sharjah was a small ground so that win could have been called a lucky thing but this innings today was insane. And kudos to Riyan Parag also he too had equal contribution in this win. God knows on what basis RR decided to open up with Stokes. i think it's better if they try to open with Riyan Parag and Steve Smith.
Tewatia seems to me a match winner at - least he was the key to win two matches out of their 3 wins they managed. But for some reason I did not like his attitude after the first match win where he had 4 six and 1 four in one over. I read an interview after the match and there he sounded like an over confident arrogant young man. He has a long way to go, and he really needs to act polite. No one likes an arrogant, disrespectful creature.

Yeah even this match he had some sort of an argument but I don't exactly know who was at fault but I don't think he could play for team India. So on your point that he has a great career ahead. He might become a great IPL player but so far his stats Don't add up to make him play for India. Reason is simple he is roughly 28 now. Moreover so far I don't think he has either a developed batting or bowling. He is more like Vijay shankar. Can bat and can bowl but not great at both. He either has to come up the order once or twice and play dependable innings to be selected for national team because there is already too much competition in the National team.
I did not know he is 28, he looked to me younger than this. Matter of fact that I have never heard of him before the match against KXIP. So my guess was he is in very early stage in his career.

About the arrogance, yes it was the post match interview. In one part he was saying something like this, "No one need to tell me my role, I have been with the team for one month and I know very well about my role". Not sure how you guys take it but to me that's over confidence and his attitude when he said was not looking normal to me. I could be wrong on observing him by the way.
Well he might have done something like Rashid Khan😂
legendary
I have no idea why so many people refer to Tewatia as Lord Tewatia because of 2 match winning innings. I find it silly to be honest. He is clearly not a consistent player and there are far more consistent players when compared to him like Shubhman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav etc who deserve such a title.

Everybody seems to be forgetting that luck was on his side against SRH since the bails didn't fall when the ball hit the wicket. He is a decent middle order player who has a long way to go.

The best player in RR for me is Archer who is amazing with the ball and great with the bat too.
haha bhai you are taking this name calling too seriously, its for fun only.

Its more like when everyone refers Jadeja as "Sir Jadeja" and tewatia's blinder inning came when no one expecting anything from him and everybody were busy cursing him, he proved everyone wrong when he hit those 5 sixes in an over,hence Lord Tewatia Grin There is a reason cricket is religion in India hehe
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I have no idea why so many people refer to Tewatia as Lord Tewatia because of 2 match winning innings. I find it silly to be honest. He is clearly not a consistent player and there are far more consistent players when compared to him like Shubhman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav etc who deserve such a title.

He singlehandedly took his team to victory from situations where they were 99.99% certain to lose. He did it not once, but twice. His innings against KXIP was similar to what Kevin O'Brien did against England in 2011. I don't know how you are referring players such as Shubhman Gill and Suryakumar Yadav as consistent. Tewatia is a lower middle order batsmen with limited opportunities, while these players are top order batsmen. Even then, Gill and Yadav failed multiple times this season.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Everybody seems to be forgetting that luck was on his side against SRH since the bails didn't fall when the ball hit the wicket. He is a decent middle order player who has a long way to go.

The best player in RR for me is Archer who is amazing with the ball and great with the bat too.
I did not know he is 28, he looked to me younger than this. Matter of fact that I have never heard of him before the match against KXIP. So my guess was he is in very early stage in his career.

About the arrogance, yes it was the post match interview. In one part he was saying something like this, "No one need to tell me my role, I have been with the team for one month and I know very well about my role". Not sure how you guys take it but to me that's over confidence and his attitude when he said was not looking normal to me. I could be wrong on observing him by the way.

In Indian scenario, that statement was not really arrogant. He was probably implying that he was well aware of his role. A lot of cricketers land in trouble when they try to talk in English, by just translating the sentences directly from Hindi. All that said, the commentators, and even some of his team-mates were not very kind to him during the first part of his innings. After he missed a few deliveries, one Indian commentator was literally mocking him.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
This can be the life-changing moment for Rajasthan Royals. Middle order was their sole issue. They have very strong top order (Samson, Smith, Buttler.etc) and good pace bowling lineup (Archer, Tyagi.etc). The addition of Stokes transform Rajasthan Royals to one of the most perfectly balanced teams in this IPL. On top of that, his addition to the team should lift the morale as well.
RR managed to win the match but it was again because of Tewatia and some contribution from Parag at the end. There were no other batsman even the presence of Stokes was not working. Yes, they have deep batting line-up, but they are lacking to play their batsmen in the right position. Too many experiments are costing them.

Everyone should bow down to Lord Tewatia, he can do anything on his day. No one even expecting that they could win the game after losing Stokes-Buttler-Smith-Samon but Tewatia has other plans as he's one true demi god who could %$k up all your calculation anytime Grin
Well man thanks to lord Tewatia I won a point after around 9 matches. I thought I am going to lose this one again but he really has some magical touch in his batting. He bats pretty cunningly with keeping field in mind. The way he batted to Rashid Khan was best example of this. Sharjah was a small ground so that win could have been called a lucky thing but this innings today was insane. And kudos to Riyan Parag also he too had equal contribution in this win. God knows on what basis RR decided to open up with Stokes. i think it's better if they try to open with Riyan Parag and Steve Smith.
Tewatia seems to me a match winner at - least he was the key to win two matches out of their 3 wins they managed. But for some reason I did not like his attitude after the first match win where he had 4 six and 1 four in one over. I read an interview after the match and there he sounded like an over confident arrogant young man. He has a long way to go, and he really needs to act polite. No one likes an arrogant, disrespectful creature.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
After losing points in 6 consecutive matches, managed to get 2 point yesterday from the Rajasthan and Mumbai match. It was really a point losing disaster for me. Credit goes to Tewatia of course.
What's wrong with superbru? Although I have picked tonight's match, I can't see the match in the list.

It was not Tewatia's fault. He is a soft-spoken and mild natured person, who normally ignore provocations. But yesterday Khaleel Ahmed sledged him during the 20th over and Tewatia was complaining to the umpire about the words that were used by the bowler. He was very upset that he took the issue with the SRH captain, even after the match was finished. Khaleel tried to downplay the issue and ignore it after the match.

Not sure where you read that but I got the chance to watch post match presentation where he hit 5 sixes in an over against punjab. Seemed pretty straight forward statement to me, he was just talking about the first phase of inning and admitted that was the worst first 20 balls that he has ever played.
That match is the reason why many people think IPL is fixed. A friend of mine had a heated argument with me saying how can a batsmen who wasn't even able to defend the ball in first 20 balls starts hitting sixes like Yuvraj Singh. It's fishy   Grin
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
Not sure where you read that but I got the chance to watch post match presentation where he hit 5 sixes in an over against punjab. Seemed pretty straight forward statement to me, he was just talking about the first phase of inning and admitted that was the worst first 20 balls that he has ever played.
Even i did not find anything odd as it was a straight forward statement as he was struggling to connect the ball in that match and the pressure was mounting and watching the highlights it was golden and Tewatia looks like a soft spoken person from the highlights i have seen and even today he took the game till the end and won the game for them.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

Rajasthan had lost all four of their last matches, and no one really expected them to win after losing the 5th wicket. A lot was expected him from Ben Stokes, but he departed too soon. Samson was the last hope, but he became the 5th wicket to fall. The SRH bowlers were doing exceptionally well until then, and no one really thought they would go for so many runs. After the 15th over, 65 runs were needed, at 13 runs per over. But as you said, nothing is impossible for Lord Tewatia.
legendary
Activity: 560
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
What a match it was!! SRH lost the match for their bowling. It was 54 for 24 balls for RR. They won the match from here. The last partnership was amazing. After 4 consecutive losses finally RR won a match.
Let's see what happens in the next match today of MI vs DC. Going for DC.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
Is this the time for RR to come back after 4 consecutive loss?

Another worst performance from CSK. Good bowling from RCB bowlers. CSK batting lineup is getting worse day by day. They need some change on the batting order I think. Don't see any chance for CSK this season right now if they play like this.
Btw 3win on the 3matches of round 4. Not a bad start for me.
Hey man your bad luck has touched me now. I have not won even a single bet from last 4-5 days. It's sheer bad luck on this side now. What all did you do to get this bad luck away? Grin

Likely XIs
Rajasthan Royals: 1 Jos Buttler (wk), 2 Robin Uthappa/Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3 Sanju Samson, Steven Smith (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Mahipal Lomror, 7 Rahul Tewatia, 8 Shreyas Gopal, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Varun Aaron, 11 Kartik Tyagi
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8048/preview/1216507/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-rajasthan-royals-26th-match-ipl

There is possibility of him being rusting on his first game but he definitely provides some sort of relief at middle order, which is in very bad shape atm. Situation is bit tricky for Royals, Sanju showed one more time that he's not consistent with the bat. Smith only performed at the Sharjah but failed during his last inning, not to mention he's really struggling at other venue. Yashavi jaiswal performance is disappointing so far and Butler is not doing justice to his reputation so it would be pretty tough to break the shackles of 4 consecutive loss.
The tournament has really shaped out pretty different now. In the beginning it seemed likr every team would give it's competition but now it literally feels that 4-5 teams who could get in playoffs are almost certain. If Rajasthan loses today kxip and rajashthan would almost be out of this tournament. Pretty similar is the case with CSK. I wish RR win today.
legendary
Likely XIs
Rajasthan Royals: 1 Jos Buttler (wk), 2 Robin Uthappa/Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3 Sanju Samson, Steven Smith (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Mahipal Lomror, 7 Rahul Tewatia, 8 Shreyas Gopal, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Varun Aaron, 11 Kartik Tyagi
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8048/preview/1216507/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-rajasthan-royals-26th-match-ipl

There is possibility of him being rusting on his first game but he definitely provides some sort of relief at middle order, which is in very bad shape atm. Situation is bit tricky for Royals, Sanju showed one more time that he's not consistent with the bat. Smith only performed at the Sharjah but failed during his last inning, not to mention he's really struggling at other venue. Yashavi jaiswal performance is disappointing so far and Butler is not doing justice to his reputation so it would be pretty tough to break the shackles of 4 consecutive loss.
Pages:
Jump to: