Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfetch - Anonymous Remote Torrent Downloading - page 6. (Read 20519 times)

Activity: 293
Merit: 250
built-in search was great

I have already addressed this.

"fetching metadata" consistently takes quite long (20-40 seconds?), this use to be a lot faster (<10 seconds)

I've not noticed DHT discovery taking more than it previously did. It depends on the amount of seeds and size of the torrent.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I'm still quite happy with the site.

2 things that had been better before:

• built-in search was great
  • "fetching metadata" consistently takes quite long (20-40 seconds?), this use to be a lot faster (<10 seconds)

I have to conclude: new owner not as responsive as previous owner. Not complaining, though.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Extremely Impressive! And great prices.
Activity: 322
I almost forgot this site existed, lol.
donator
I'm still quite happy with the site.

2 things that had been better before:

• built-in search was great
  • "fetching metadata" consistently takes quite long (20-40 seconds?), this use to be a lot faster (<10 seconds)
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
The king is dead! Hail to the king!

Smiley

Welcome and thanks for reducing the price, but why not be a bit more aggressive? Grant your users a 100% referral bonus for example. This effectively also halfs the price/profit but gets you known. I found the price very well before already and I would rather want to see your service grow fast. So far, nobody knows about it. You can still lower your price when the competition wakes up.

Just because not having an email address distinguishes you from others, doesn't mean optionally having one wouldn't improve your service. Sure, people that download movies for example, should not put in their verified gmail address if they live in countries that honor copyright, but having that feature would still be nice. Memorizable credentials to recover an account would also be nice. Why not mung my credentials into a secondary token? You could hash login+password client-side. This would not lead to you having a way to contact me, but it would be much more transportable and even safer in case my computer is lost. My password safe would hold the login and not my bookmarks.
donator
Hello everyone, I am the new owner of bitfetch.

Hey man. What took so long to inform us of the change in ownership? (Not that I care much as long as the service works nicely).

I for one welcome our new service provider.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello everyone, I am the new owner of bitfetch.

FTR, Scrat was willing to sell and I took the opportunity as a small user to keep the site alive and competitive in the future. Like you say molecular, the site is close to perfect.

Cost is now 0.001 BTC per GB

Why? During the last 40 days the site revenue was 7BTC. More than enough to cover the server expenses for the next 6 months!

I want the offer to stay attractive and I am listening to your feedbacks.

Gizmo > The idea of a full wallet is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback. However seeing Instawallet issues, I think the risk is too high.

molecular > I have also seen bad magnets not working, you can try to delete the end of the magnets dirname, sometimes it will work. Most do work.

I have also received the following requests from a heavy user:

(1) bump up the time before deletion.

(2) provide optional email contact when the whole torrent has been downloaded.

Thank you for your feedback. Obviously the main competitor of bitfetch are seedboxing services like feral (+setup an https access for your files).

The main advantage of bitfetch being that I do not require your email. Bitcoin is not linked to your personal identity and your privacy is respected.

So I dont think we will open an email contact option.

Dont hesitate to PM me with your [requests]. And thanks again to the founder  : Scrat Acorns

donator

Don't know wether I like this news. New owner will have to prove he can run the service as smoothly as you have. A bit sad. Hope you got an adequate price.

He has been running it for the past 40 days.

Yeah, but will he make frequent improvements as you have? I doubt it if only for one reason: the service is close to perfect as it is now.

Don't know wether I like this news. New owner will have to prove he can run the service as smoothly as you have. A bit sad. Hope you got an adequate price.

He has been running it for the past 40 days.
donator
In a pm. I wasn't sure if he said it in the thread, so now I'm a bit confused why he makes it a secret here and tells me he sold there.

Not a secret. I was waiting for the new owner to post here, which he will do shortly.

In a pm. I wasn't sure if he said it in the thread, so now I'm a bit confused why he makes it a secret here and tells me he sold there.

Not a secret. I was waiting for the new owner to post here, which he will do shortly.
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
Nah, I'm not affiliated with the site at all; just a happy customer. Where did he say that he sold it?
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Uhm … wtf?? I had some whatnot GB left in my account and now I went there and it says "BALANCE0.0 KB"? I wanted to check for you but apparently I deleted a cookie. I should have the link somewhere though. Maybe optional login wouldn't be a bad idea. Cookies are something people tend to delete from time to time.
Bookmark the link with your token. Easy. Smiley

I thought I did that but right now I don't find it. I will. Eventually. If not, it's not the end of the world neither.

Krak are you the new owner of bitfetch? Scrat Acorns said he sold bitfetch and I kind of like to know who I'm dealing with when I trust them with my money. As the sums at stake are low or at least can be kept low, I don't necessarily need to know who the owner is but still I prefer to know who I'm dealing with.
Nah, I'm not affiliated with the site at all; just a happy customer. Where did he say that he sold it?
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
Uhm … wtf?? I had some whatnot GB left in my account and now I went there and it says "BALANCE0.0 KB"? I wanted to check for you but apparently I deleted a cookie. I should have the link somewhere though. Maybe optional login wouldn't be a bad idea. Cookies are something people tend to delete from time to time.

I thought I did that but right now I don't find it. I will. Eventually. If not, it's not the end of the world neither.

Krak are you the new owner of bitfetch? Scrat Acorns said he sold bitfetch and I kind of like to know who I'm dealing with when I trust them with my money. As the sums at stake are low or at least can be kept low, I don't necessarily need to know who the owner is but still I prefer to know who I'm dealing with.
I still have the cookie. How do I get the token?
Click the "Deposit" button and save the link with "token=" at the end. I just keep it bookmarked for whenever my cookies disappear.
donator

I still have the cookie. How do I get the token?
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
friend just got €950 fine for bittorrenting some shit.

time to introduce him to bitfetch.

problem is: site doesn't seem to work: says "0% fetching magnet metadata" on different magnet urls.

EDIT: it might've been 2 bad magnets

Pages:
Jump to: