Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfetch - Anonymous Remote Torrent Downloading - page 7. (Read 20519 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
friend just got €950 fine for bittorrenting some shit.

time to introduce him to bitfetch.

problem is: site doesn't seem to work: says "0% fetching magnet metadata" on different magnet urls.

EDIT: it might've been 2 bad magnets
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Just noticed I hadn't praised your service yet! You saved my life at least 5 times so far Wink

As my balance was just short 4MB of the file I wanted to download and that I am not addicted to Wink, I flipped over another $5, realizing that this bought me 25GB. Nice. Smiley Your service is most likely a niche product but for people that get discriminated like me, it is just great. Touching torrents kills all internet traffic for a minute totally reproducible.

How is your stance on sharing one account? Somebody posted a link on facebook. Sure, long time you will not like that but to get the word out, maybe? Public sharing would be easy to keep under control by allowing to send the coins back again (full wallet)
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
I confirm that all my stuff looks like it moved correctly.

What was the reason for the move?  Did they get upset about the nature of the service?

Nothing of the sort. The new server is more powerful and has 4 times the disk space.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
I confirm that all my stuff looks like it moved correctly.

What was the reason for the move?  Did they get upset about the nature of the service?
Server move is finished.

If you were affected by this downtime PM or email me and I'll credit your account.

I really do hate hosting providers sometimes.
Moving to a new server.

There will be some downtime as DNS changes propagate.
I am the one who knocks
Just wanted to say that I have used the service again and it worked flawlessly!
donator
I miss the search feature. It was really giving me good results and made life easier.

i have had decent luck with http://www.scrapetorrent.com/

I use metasearch.torrentproject.com with great satisfaction.

However, it's about only having to go to one site (bitfetch) with nifty easy-to-use interface and no-crap search feature.
I am the one who knocks
I miss the search feature. It was really giving me good results and made life easier.

i have had decent luck with http://www.scrapetorrent.com/
Downloads are hanging right now. Tried with direct .torrent links and magnet links. Undecided

EDIT: 3 out of 4 torrents have downloaded now; still waiting on the fourth one to start. Maybe running out of disk space?

Torrent client was stuck at 100% cpu.

I'll see what I can do.
donator
Activity: 591
Downloads are hanging right now. Tried with direct .torrent links and magnet links. Undecided

EDIT: 3 out of 4 torrents have downloaded now; still waiting on the fourth one to start. Maybe running out of disk space?
I am the one who knocks
REVIEW:

After using the system for a full 'cycle' I can say that I am SUPER IMPRESSED.

Not only is the system top notch in terms of usability and visual niceties, it WORKS.   It is simple and it is clear.   They also don't do anything stupid.  For example I started a download from my office then copied the ZIPed URL to my server at home and downloaded the result from there.

I will most certainly be using this service again and can't sing enough praise. 
Just started my first download... very reasonable price that makes sense to use it... cheers!

However I have an improvement suggestion:  I added a torrent to see how much it would cost, but it did not tell me, just the size.  Also it got rid of the price so I had to open an incognito window and do math (math is hard Smiley ).  It would have been much nicer if it would show me what I needed to deposit to download it, especially now that I have a balance.

Other than that:  great UI!

You're right, since converting this to bytes was kind of an afterthought. I will add some sort of indicator for the amount of bitcoins you need to start a torrent.
I am the one who knocks
Just started my first download... very reasonable price that makes sense to use it... cheers!

However I have an improvement suggestion:  I added a torrent to see how much it would cost, but it did not tell me, just the size.  Also it got rid of the price so I had to open an incognito window and do math (math is hard Smiley ).  It would have been much nicer if it would show me what I needed to deposit to download it, especially now that I have a balance.

Other than that:  great UI!
donator
  • Balances have been converted to bytes
  • Minimum torrent cost has been removed

good decisions!

I draw my hat for simplifying an already stunningly simple service!
  • Balances have been converted to bytes
  • Minimum torrent cost has been removed
Are you also gonna raise prices with bitcoin value falling :/

I will be converting balances to gigabytes to remedy this.

I used Bitfetch yesterday and was very impressed with it. I was actually trying to find it via Google, but couldn't.

I think you might want to add some tags and verbatim text that at least says "bitcoin torrent download", or something like that. I'm sure it'd come up in the rankings pretty quickly.

Anyways, great job on the site :-).

Thanks. Indeed, I haven't done any SEO yet.
Activity: 391
Merit: 333
I used Bitfetch yesterday and was very impressed with it. I was actually trying to find it via Google, but couldn't.

I think you might want to add some tags and verbatim text that at least says "bitcoin torrent download", or something like that. I'm sure it'd come up in the rankings pretty quickly.

Anyways, great job on the site :-).
Activity: 518
Are you also gonna raise prices with bitcoin value falling :/
Pages:
Jump to: