Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfetch - Anonymous Remote Torrent Downloading - page 9. (Read 20519 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
I wonder what ISPs are throttling. It doesn't seem like Cox does, they just forward the copyright violation "lawyers'" emails to all the addresses on your account.

Maybe some people are being throttled and they don't realize it, and would use Bitfetch if they knew.
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
Cost per GB has been reduced to 0.005 BTC.

A couple of additional changes:
  • Torrents over 10 GB in size are now deleted after 10 days - or manually if you so choose
  • You can hover over the 'x' button to see when a torrent will be deleted
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Great site.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
I tested this service and thought on making a small review.

Site looks cool and everything works flawlessly. Big +++ comes from the security and anonymity part.
I tested the service with a Linux Mint download and it was überfast - you can't really download it any faster. I think that the price of this service is priced alright, too.

So, if you got some restrictions on torrent downloads and need to download - for example, linux distro -, I recommend this service.
Pushed a big update today that added the following features:

• File selection - you can choose which files to download by clicking on the yellow file icon. You can only do that once and while the torrent is at less than 50%.
  • Desktop notifications for Chrome and Safari 6
  • Automatic browser downloads - some browsers will require fiddling with settings to autoaccept downloads
  • More info - you can hover on the "i" button to get more information such as upload speed or availability
  • Tons of bug fixes and improvements
Site is broken?

It's just search that is broken at the moment since I'm relying on a 3rd party service for that.

Everything else should work (and has been working for a while).

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Site is broken?
Impressive, very slick interface! One bit of feedback: It would be great to have a QR code below the deposit address. Makes it easier to use it in combination with smartphone wallets (using the website on a desktop, but paying with a phone).

Thank you for your feedback. QR codes will be included in the next update.
jav
Activity: 249
Merit: 251
Impressive, very slick interface! One bit of feedback: It would be great to have a QR code below the deposit address. Makes it easier to use it in combination with smartphone wallets (using the website on a desktop, but paying with a phone).
You should consider adding a feature to browse downloaded torrents, and give us a chance to re-download them, with a fee of course.

Not likely. All files are private and transient.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
You should consider adding a feature to browse downloaded torrents, and give us a chance to re-download them, with a fee of course.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Really great service, super fast downloads!  Recommended.
I think I found a bug that allows me to increase my balance..

deleted, will PM first

It's not a bug, it's a feature! (This message brought to you by Microsoft Inc.)

Your balance should update within 5 seconds when you send bitcoin. If it doesn't try refreshing the page. Socket.io with xhr-polling can be buggy sometimes.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I think I found a bug that allows me to increase my balance..

deleted, will PM first

absolutely awesome page and service

last night transaction was seen right away... today it seems to have to wait for a block (no block yet). bitcoind connectivity bad?

PM or email your TXID and I'll take a look at it.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
absolutely awesome page and service

last night transaction was seen right away... today it seems to have to wait for a block (no block yet). bitcoind connectivity bad?
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
Hey man, I love the design of the website! I'll be sure to try out your service, if/when I have a need for it Smiley
*what country is your server in?

NL

Server gets my torrent fast but download to my PC is only 400k/s.

Since the server is in Europe, connectivity to the States largely depends on your ISP's peering with Europe. Some people get 5 MB/s, some get 400 KB/s. I've gotten 15 MB/s from an EC2 instance in N. Virginia.

so if i upload a huge .torrent which maps 300gb of data, but i only want one 7kb file from it, do i have to pay for 300gb?

is there any way around that inefficiency?

Currently no. But I will add something like this (along with many other new features). Stay tuned.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
is it possible to specify particular files from a torrent, instead of getting the whole thing?

While it is possible to choose which file to download to your computer (you get a file list when you click on Download), the entire torrent will be downloaded to our servers.

hmmm after reading your faq, i just re-read this line of yours here and realised i missed this the first time.

so if i upload a huge .torrent which maps 300gb of data, but i only want one 7kb file from it, do i have to pay for 300gb?

is there any way around that inefficiency?
donator
Activity: 289
My first attempt at sending BTC to this service failed - my account didn't get credited at all. Scrat Acorns responded quickly to my email and also gave me a generous amount of extra credit so that I could test the service fully.

As everyone has been saying, the interface is slick. My test (well seeded) torrent was downloaded at 9MB/s. Download from the server to my computer was equally fast. What more could one ask for?

If GLBSE were still alive, I'd be dumping BitcoinTorrentz shares right about now.
Pages:
Jump to: