Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 14. (Read 55496 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
July 13, 2013, 07:12:46 PM
And did you think you could trust Roman when you started using Bitfloor?
Just couldn't resist that  Grin

Smiley

No, not really.. I had never communicated with Roman or anyone at Bitfloor before I began trading there. Actually, the thing I liked most about Bitfloor was the level of anonymity I could have and I always knew perfectly well that the flip side of that anonymity meant that in a worst case scenario I would not be able to prove conclusively that I ever had any money at all in a Bitfloor account. It was blind trust and it was violated.. but as painful as it has been to wait so long to get my money back from him, this isn't the worst case scenario because it does seem like I may get my money back after all.

Many of the choices we make day-to-day are on blind trust and most of the time it works out just fine because, on the whole, I think most people are honest.. call me whatever you like.

This IAFCU place is much much MUCH more transparent than Bitfloor ever could be, they have to be. I am not concerned about them stealing from me or anybody else.

Could that trust be violated? Sure

All you can do is minimize risk as best you can, but ultimately you may decide to accept a certain amount and then you try not to have regrets no matter what happens
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
July 13, 2013, 06:26:19 PM
What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.

After 9/11 it is illegal to open a bank account for a non-US national.
- http://www.ehow.com/list_6812342_patriot-requirements-opening-bank-account.html
Yeah, nothing against you infested, we know that there's no bad people in the US  Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
July 13, 2013, 06:20:45 PM
What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.

After 9/11 it is illegal to open a bank account for a non-US national.
- http://www.ehow.com/list_6812342_patriot-requirements-opening-bank-account.html
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
July 13, 2013, 05:53:56 PM
whether or not you believe they will violate their union charter and keep the $10 donation is a matter of your own personal trust issues

based on my experience so far, i think they're a trustworthy institution
And did you think you could trust Roman when you started using Bitfloor?

Just couldn't resist that  Grin
July 13, 2013, 05:37:31 PM
$15 x 1000 users = Easy $15,000

$5 of that belongs to the account holder and stays in their account permanently, $10 goes to charity

whether or not you believe they will violate their union charter and keep the $10 donation is a matter of your own personal trust issues

based on my experience so far, i think they're a trustworthy institution
July 13, 2013, 05:01:28 PM
I've set up my account with IAFCU and gave the account info to bitfloor, but I didn't fund my IAFCU account yet. Do I have to fund it before it can receive money from bitfloor?

Its weird because I would have thought, based on what I was told by IAFCU, that you would need to fund the account in order to satisfy the requirements of just opening the account. (the $15)

But my experience was just like yours. I got my account set up, got my account number and everything I needed to submit to Bitfloor, before I ever funded the account at all.

From the beginning I was hoping, and sort of assuming, that they could take their fees out of the money I receive from Bitfloor.. which may in fact be possible.

I thought about just letting the money come without depositing any money first, but just as a precaution I decided that a $20 deposit is worth it just to be sure I don't have any bumps in the process.

I have a feeling though, that under normal circumstance you would have to fund the account right away, but I think all of us are sort of in a special scenario where they probably don't care quite as much..?

I dont really know though.. which is why I did fund the account.

I plan on keeping and using the account after all this is done anyways, so it made it an easier decision

$15 x 1000 users = Easy $15,000
July 13, 2013, 03:56:33 PM
I've set up my account with IAFCU and gave the account info to bitfloor, but I didn't fund my IAFCU account yet. Do I have to fund it before it can receive money from bitfloor?

Its weird because I would have thought, based on what I was told by IAFCU, that you would need to fund the account in order to satisfy the requirements of just opening the account. (the $15)

But my experience was just like yours. I got my account set up, got my account number and everything I needed to submit to Bitfloor, before I ever funded the account at all.

From the beginning I was hoping, and sort of assuming, that they could take their fees out of the money I receive from Bitfloor.. which may in fact be possible.

I thought about just letting the money come without depositing any money first, but just as a precaution I decided that a $20 deposit is worth it just to be sure I don't have any bumps in the process.

I have a feeling though, that under normal circumstance you would have to fund the account right away, but I think all of us are sort of in a special scenario where they probably don't care quite as much..?

I dont really know though.. which is why I did fund the account.

I plan on keeping and using the account after all this is done anyways, so it made it an easier decision
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 13, 2013, 02:32:00 PM
July 13, 2013, 01:57:59 PM
They tell you your password over the phone? I don't know why they bother with SSL on their website if they just blabber out your password unencrypted over a phone line...

man, I don't think I've ever seen you respond to any news with a positive attitude.. but that's neither here nor there.. just interesting ..

what they tell you over the phone is exactly what I just told you .. your password is the first 4 of your SSN + the first 2 of your last name

whether you keep your ssn private is a matter of personal practice

also, you should log in as you speak to them and change it immediately
July 13, 2013, 01:50:03 PM
anyone get a password reset email from [email protected]?

doesn't appear to be a phishing attempt, since there aren't links in the email

my email is 2factor secured so i don't think my email got hacked.

I think I know what that was. When they set up your account they set your temporary password to the first 4 digits of your SSN + the first two (capital) letters of your last name. When they did this for me I received an email saying that my password had been changed.

Then when I logged in for the first time I set my own password and got the same email.

In short it means your account is ready. Your username will be your account number, btw. .. but I suppose you will have to wait for them to call you with your acct number

BTW, once your account is set up, you will need to fund it with the $15 I spoke of before..

to do that, go to their web site https://iafcu.org ...under "Services" choose "Click and Send".. on the next page, in the middle of the page you will see a link for "Kiosk form".. you can use that form to send them a scanned image of a check to deposit into your account.

you can also just go to https://iafcu.org/form-click-and-send/
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2013, 01:42:36 PM

I got that email about 10:30 CDT today.  No phone call yet. I take this as evidence they are working to distribute our money to us, and I am, with some effort, refraining from calling and distracting them.

Activity: 826
July 13, 2013, 01:38:19 PM

I talked with IAFCU this morning they are resetting passwords to default password to get everyone access to online accounts.
They are also calling today with your member number/account passwords
Activity: 12
July 13, 2013, 12:40:33 PM
To spottedmarley, infested999, Dreamscape, etc...

Any of you regardless of which state you are in can open a New York Department of Financial Services case against Bitfloor, as its the state they operate in. With the NYDFS getting numerous complaint that would spark a fire under their ass to make a move and get things solved even faster. And non-compliance would be negative to Romans favor. So he would have to respond to wallow in his own creation.

And anyone (Must reside in NY) can open a Class Action Suit against them. Class suits are state based but you need a state case representative. This would/could cover all those effected by the BS we have under gone.

Heres another thing to ponder (as we do not truly know what has happened with our money), Think of the interest built up on all the money he has held for near 4 months. If the accounts were in the millions and he has even 1% interest, thats alot of money he gets to keep for himself in the end...

Asides the point, The faster people files with NYDFS the faster a solution will come. And if someone decides (and knows a bitcoin law firm) to open a suit against them, this is the time. Well actually, 3 months ago was the time, but the longer waited the deeper the pit gets to climb out. But everyone who has been mishandled by this is owed answers and a resolution. Doubtful that any of us are excessively greedy, but we want back what we put in (the money). And at this point they are refusing to coordinate and work with many of us. And an example with me is they have blocked my account. But i have all the other proof, except my account. This is unacceptable. TD bank isnt just going to lock your account and not tell you anything. Bitfloor is holding money in our name, they owe answers.
July 13, 2013, 11:27:41 AM

Maybe try contacting IAFCU and see what your options are for opening an account. I'm sure something can be done.

The number is on their site http://iafcu.org
July 13, 2013, 10:56:48 AM

You can't, it's not legal for Roman to give you the money.
Activity: 6
July 13, 2013, 10:51:23 AM
July 13, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
That's a church

That's what I thought too, and then I took the time to "walk" up Kirkpatrick St to look in the windows and also took a closer look at the front door.. and I think it may have been a church, but is now an office building.

I could be wrong though, and for all I know they may even operate out of a church.. ?

That's their address though.. for whatever it's worth

They operate out of a church for tax exempt status
July 13, 2013, 10:27:23 AM
That's a church

That's what I thought too, and then I took the time to "walk" up Kirkpatrick St to look in the windows and also took a closer look at the front door.. and I think it may have been a church, but is now an office building.

I could be wrong though, and for all I know they may even operate out of a church.. ?

That's their address though.. for whatever it's worth
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 13, 2013, 05:47:06 AM
Pages:
Jump to: