Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 16. (Read 55496 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 12, 2013, 01:41:42 AM
Well by some magical means my account login no longer works. With about 1.6K in there it doesnt seem it will be coming out. And with bitfloor support not responded there is nothing left to do.

It is bitfloor support to help, or it is back to the New York Department of Financial Services to open a new case on Bitfloor. Goes from being a localtill problem, to being a bitfloor problem. When will it cease!
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
July 11, 2013, 09:34:05 PM
Has anyone who had less than $3k in bitfloor actually gotten a refund yet?

Based on the information I've received and have posted here, it seems reasonable to conclude that nobody will get their money until everyone gets their money.

Here's how I draw my conclusion:

All of the refund money, more than $2.8M total, is in a single account at IAFCU and that account is frozen.

KYC is the reason for the current delay.

Roman is collecting everyone's bank information.

If you have less than $3k owed to you, you can give him YOUR bank account information, Roman will do the KYC work on those himself.

If you have more than $3k owed to you, you have to set up an IAFCU account and give him THAT bank account information. IAFCU is doing their own KYC.

At some point Roman will provide IAFCU with a list of accounts to send the money to.

I am guessing, but it seems reasonable to assume that he will wait until he has everyone's info and then will hand over the list to IAFCU to disperse.

If anyone else has kept up with the information coming out and has another idea of how it might go, please share.

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
July 11, 2013, 06:14:26 PM
There is a $5 credit union deposit that belongs to you but is put on hold in your account. If you have used a credit union before, you know that they all do this. I forget what the deposit is called but it's like your 'stake' in the credit union.

By law (their credit union charter) all customers of their credit union must own, operate, work for, or donate to a local New Brunswick, NJ charity. So a $10 donation is required.

Not mine... almost a 20 year member of the same CU, and my parents recently switched and I don't recall them having to pay deposits to be held or donations either. Guess that's just an IAFCU thing.
My Credit Onion requires you have a $5.00 share but they don't require any donation.

The donation is specific to New Brunswick, NJ. Why the IAFCU couldn't find a better city to open in, I don't know.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
July 11, 2013, 06:12:55 PM
There is a $5 credit union deposit that belongs to you but is put on hold in your account. If you have used a credit union before, you know that they all do this. I forget what the deposit is called but it's like your 'stake' in the credit union.

By law (their credit union charter) all customers of their credit union must own, operate, work for, or donate to a local New Brunswick, NJ charity. So a $10 donation is required.

Not mine... almost a 20 year member of the same CU, and my parents recently switched and I don't recall them having to pay deposits to be held or donations either. Guess that's just an IAFCU thing.
My Credit Onion requires you have a $5.00 share but they don't require any donation.
July 11, 2013, 06:11:03 PM
Have either of you successfully logged in and requested a withdrawal?

Yes we all did, and we see the same as you:

Code:
Your refund information is under review. Once reviewed, your refund will be sent to you electronically. 

fyi our information is NOT under review. Roman is not a theif, but he still belongs in jail.
You are apparently making an incorrect assumption.
I have not seen that message.  All I have been able to get is internal server error.
Interesting that you can answer for others

Well once you get past the server error, you will get the "under review" error.
July 11, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

Code:
Your refund information is under review. Once reviewed, your refund will be sent to you electronically. 

fyi our information is NOT under review. Roman is not a theif, but he still belongs in jail.
You are apparently making an incorrect assumption.
I have not seen that message.  All I have been able to get is internal server error.
Interesting that you can answer for others
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
July 11, 2013, 06:06:33 PM

July 11, 2013, 05:32:48 PM
Great news.
But, any info for someone like me with only $105 to get back?  Are they supposed to be calling us with less than $3000?

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 11, 2013, 05:21:15 PM
Awesome news, glad it seems to be working out, even if the process is getting a bit overwhelmed, and I am really fighting the urge to say "I told you so" in response to all those who called me a Bitfloor shill or acused me of kissing Roman's ass, when I was slapping down unsubstantiated claims  Tongue
Activity: 504
WTF???
July 11, 2013, 04:46:36 PM

Just a bunch of high rollers here. No one with less than a million smackers owed to them.
July 11, 2013, 04:41:26 PM
Great news.
But, any info for someone like me with only $105 to get back?  Are they supposed to be calling us with less than $3000?

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
July 11, 2013, 04:32:48 PM
Activity: 224
July 11, 2013, 04:14:21 PM
UPDATE! Smiley

Great news.

But, any info for someone like me with only $105 to get back?  Are they supposed to be calling us with less than $3000?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2013, 01:12:02 PM
I just filled out the online form in iafcu.org, but I didn't find out how to fund the account. Am I suppose to send them a check?

I have over $3,000 refund due.  I did not give them a check for more. 
July 11, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
I just filled out the online form in iafcu.org, but I didn't find out how to fund the account. Am I suppose to send them a check?

I was told that all they need is a picture of a check, so maybe they just need the account/routing numbers like a pay-by-check sort of deal. You shouldn't need that until the account is created, then I am guessing they will call you with your account number and to help you fund the account. Once you have your new account/routing numbers you can submit them to Bitfloor's ACH withdrawal request form. And then it will simply be a matter of waiting for the dispersal to occur.

From what I gathered from my talk with Kathy yesterday, I believe the plan is that at some point Roman is going to provide IAFCU with a list of accounts and amounts to send to each. So, ultimately it will be a question of when Roman will submit the refund list to the credit union, which I can only assume will be done once everyone has submitted their account infos to him. I dont think it will be a first-come-first-serve sort of thing or a question of IAFCU customers being processed first or last or whatever. I think everyone is going to get their money at the same time.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 11, 2013, 11:43:29 AM
July 11, 2013, 11:21:56 AM
good video, i like these guys, i'll probably just keep my IAFCU account and start using it

Yeah man, I was turned on by his talk in that video too.. especially his idea of potentially having accounts where the underlying currency IS BITCOIN while, at the same time, giving customers access to USD from ATM machines that convert on the fly... that would be HUGE

That is actually what Kim Dotcom announced to do when he said he will create a Bitcoin credit card. Which was of coarse a huge Pump-and-Dump.
July 11, 2013, 09:20:33 AM
good video, i like these guys, i'll probably just keep my IAFCU account and start using it

Yeah man, I was turned on by his talk in that video too.. especially his idea of potentially having accounts where the underlying currency IS BITCOIN while, at the same time, giving customers access to USD from ATM machines that convert on the fly... that would be HUGE
Activity: 252
July 11, 2013, 02:31:52 AM
Here's a bit about Internet Archive Federal Credit Union (IAFCU) from my June 7th email update, which explains why they're interested in helping Bitcoin users and Bitcoin businesses affected by bank antagonism:

"Some of you might be interested in watching the talk Brewster and Jordan gave at Bitcoin 2013 in which they laid out the value proposition of credit unions and explained their interest in helping Bitcoin businesses. The portion of the talk that’s Bitcoin-specific starts at minute 4:15, and the most pertinent part of the talk to our situation is from about 10:50 to 19:00."

Activity: 252
July 11, 2013, 02:14:35 AM
UPDATE! Smiley

great news. nice to see that somebody actually has their shit together. Kathy seems very professional
Pages:
Jump to: