Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 13. (Read 55496 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
July 16, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
Update on bitfloor.com

IAFCU ask that everyone be patient as they verify user accounts and process refunds. They expect to be able to start sending funds by the end of July.

IAFCU is asking that users who receive a "Password change" email before their account is setup should not email asking about the password change. This happens when IAFCU is not able to reach you within 24 hours of your account being setup and thus change the password.

Looks like a little bit more time before the money starts flowing

Roman actually keeping us updated?? He must be high! I hope he keeps toking.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 16, 2013, 04:15:04 PM
Update on bitfloor.com

IAFCU ask that everyone be patient as they verify user accounts and process refunds. They expect to be able to start sending funds by the end of July.

IAFCU is asking that users who receive a "Password change" email before their account is setup should not email asking about the password change. This happens when IAFCU is not able to reach you within 24 hours of your account being setup and thus change the password.

Looks like a little bit more time before the money starts flowing
July 16, 2013, 09:12:27 AM
Answer is, Because he can get away with it. He can run us all through the loops and no one is doing anything to fight him on it.

yeah i know, i guess i took it as more of a philosophical question.. kinda like "why did that person rape a baby?".. part of the answer to that question might also be "because they knew they could get away with it"

but the question is really more along the lines of "how can a human being be so...", etc

Roman is just not a very good human being if you ask me, regardless of whether I get my money back or not
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 15, 2013, 02:16:15 PM
Everybody knew they were dealing with an unregulated market. The fact that Roman is trying to return what he can is a major step, the fact that IAFCU is willing to work with him shows that he is likely a legit guy as IAFCU would not want to risk associating themselves with a shady business right now while they are trying to build their reputation in the legit banking world.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 15, 2013, 01:42:04 PM
Answer is, Because he can get away with it. He can run us all through the loops and no one is doing anything to fight him on it.
July 15, 2013, 05:07:22 AM
why isn't roman at the helm keeping people informed and helping them?

that's the 2.8 million dollar question right there

for me it is completely unfathomable
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
July 15, 2013, 02:11:02 AM
I just remembered to return to the bitfloor web site and enter my IAFCU account information.
legendary
July 15, 2013, 02:09:44 AM
what about the people that got screwed last year?   what happens to that debt?

I would guess that since there is no more business to earn profits with to repay that debt with, that debt is not going to be repaid.

I notice a mention of FinCEN.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 15, 2013, 12:29:24 AM

I would guess that since there is no more business to earn profits with to repay that debt with, that debt is not going to be repaid.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
July 14, 2013, 11:04:46 PM
July 14, 2013, 03:14:34 PM
I logged in while she was online, I am in the system.

Its a fairly nice system too. Nicer than my regular bank's web banking site.

Kathy's good people
legendary
July 14, 2013, 02:45:55 PM
Kathy Dawn at IAFCU called and left voicemail Sunday at 11:54 CDT.
I called back and reached Kathy, she was efficient and friendly.  There was a glitch in that they put a portion of my phone number into the documention on my account sign up card, but the actual password on the web page was first 4 of ssn + first 2 of last name.

I logged in while she was online, I am in the system.

July 14, 2013, 01:41:54 PM
How is everyone filling out the form on bitfloor.com with there IAFCU information?  3000+ guys...

Because its asking for routing number which is 244084264

IAFCU account number is  021283961

where is everyone putting there IAFCU account number?   XXXXXX

this form doesn't appear to be setup correctly for us IAFCU members

I didn't want to put in the routing number and then my IAFCU number because if they try to send a wire to that is won't work

021283961 <- this is the routing number

my account number is only 5 digits

I had no issues submitting these numbers to bitfloor
Activity: 826
July 14, 2013, 01:26:05 PM
How is everyone filling out the form on bitfloor.com with there IAFCU information?  3000+ guys...

Because its asking for routing number which is 244084264

IAFCU account number is  021283961

where is everyone putting there IAFCU account number?   XXXXXX

this form doesn't appear to be setup correctly for us IAFCU members

I didn't want to put in the routing number and then my IAFCU number because if they try to send a wire to that is won't work
Activity: 854
July 14, 2013, 12:43:44 PM
What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.

After 9/11 it is illegal to open a bank account for a non-US national.
- http://www.ehow.com/list_6812342_patriot-requirements-opening-bank-account.html

I don't read that into the link you provided.

I got it from here Where can I open online bank account without SSN?

There, I read an alleged success story by an African national in post #6
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/where-can-i-open-online-bank-account-without-ssn.317154/#post-2998924

Of coarse he tried every possible loophole to get an account and it worked for him. But the EU users here need a straightforward answer to "Send me my money, now!" and telling the Europe users to open an account to IAFCU is just not going to happen.
legendary
July 14, 2013, 10:48:23 AM
What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.

- http://www.ehow.com/list_6812342_patriot-requirements-opening-bank-account.html

There, I read an alleged success story by an African national in post #6
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/where-can-i-open-online-bank-account-without-ssn.317154/#post-2998924
Activity: 854
July 14, 2013, 07:32:21 AM

legendary
July 13, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 13, 2013, 08:29:47 PM

It is not.
Banks just have to collect more info such as Passport and national ID numbers instead.
After 9/11 I opened a US bank account without a tax ID #.
And after I got a non-resident non-citizen taxpayer ID # (ITIN) banks didn't even bother to ask for duplicate documentation. You don't need a SSN at all.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Individual-Taxpayer-Identification-Number-(ITIN)
(note it can take some months to get your hands on such a number after application is sent)

But note you will need to travel to the US to do it personally, usually banks will not open an account remotely if you do not have an ITIN or SSN.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
July 13, 2013, 07:52:30 PM
I liked Bitfloor because I didn't have to pay a middle-man to transfer my money back and forth.

I want to think that Roman just didn't know what headaches he was getting into but, with him not communicating with everyone any better than he is, I'm having a hard time cheering for him.
Pages:
Jump to: