Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 71. (Read 378562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
Fucking hell, and I almost invested 1 BTC in this. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Wow the share price is incredible. Us early investors were just fucked weren't we?

yep ;(

and now we can't even average-down.
I'm not US shareholder and I'm also fucked. Lost 50BTC that I had... At current price that's my 2 years salary...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Wow the share price is incredible. Us early investors were just fucked weren't we?

yep ;(

and now we can't even average-down.
legendary
Activity: 817
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
ASICMiner, IceDrill competitor, made a huge investment in immersion cooling capable of 5000+ boards.  Their server location is in Hong Kong so the weather is warm.  I hope IceDrill can compete.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1foqSvwX5elsVGG4VkowchCOLBBq7uxwe2qAkX_ltGPE/edit

You think that is your competition?

This is your competition: http://cointerra.com/cointerra-open-silicon-announce-tape-goldstrike1-asic/

HashFast and ASICminer's hardware actually exist, unlike Cointerra's.

Cointerra is more than two months behind HashFast.

Cointerra's first chip will be competing with HashFast's second one.

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
 I hope IceDrill can compete.
Good Read,
AM will likely be #1 again soon if they can fit 50TH worth of GEN1 Boards into a Shipping Container and save 97% of even just cooling costs (If I read this correctly)
I think you misread.   It lowers their COOLING cost and power draw.
While this is an IceDrill thread so I won't be replying to AM talk anymore after this,
Power consumption costs are next to nothing where FC has these hosted.

There is no derailing.  Someone posted they "hoped" icedrill could compete.  I corrected their and your errors in reading.   And the last FYI, electricity in china for industrial use is MORE than most US houses pay.   It is only slightly better in HK but it is still 15-18 USA cents per kWh.   So, your last post is also incorrect.  And, it is NOT easy to get more electricity, there is a long process to apply and get govt approval.
So, just clearing up some FUD.

Thank you for your contribution,

I believe most will do their own research.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Be A Digital Miner
 I hope IceDrill can compete.
Good Read,
AM will likely be #1 again soon if they can fit 50TH worth of GEN1 Boards into a Shipping Container and save 97% of even just cooling costs (If I read this correctly)
I think you misread.   It lowers their COOLING cost and power draw.
While this is an IceDrill thread so I won't be replying to AM talk anymore after this,

There is no derailing.  Someone posted they "hoped" icedrill could compete.  I corrected their and your errors in reading.   And the last FYI, electricity in china for industrial use is MORE than most US houses pay.   It is only slightly better in HK but it is still 15-18 USA cents per kWh.   So, your last post is also incorrect.  And, it is NOT easy to get more electricity, there is a long process to apply and get govt approval.
So, just clearing up some FUD.
ASICMiner, IceDrill competitor, made a huge investment in immersion cooling capable of 5000+ boards.  Their server location is in Hong Kong so the weather is warm.  I hope IceDrill can compete.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1foqSvwX5elsVGG4VkowchCOLBBq7uxwe2qAkX_ltGPE/edit
Good Read,
They are already working on their 40nm or 55nm technology which will likely at the very least double that capacity to 100TH (I figure they can probably get up to 4x more due to density) so 200TH per Shipping Container.
Some people have an eye for the future while others are stilling trying to figure out where they stand now.
I think you misread.   It lowers their COOLING cost and power draw.   Think of what kind of power you need for 50TH of their blades.   And all the fun stuff you get to buy from APC to distribute it.   Think of how much those cool things cost that APC does not post prices on.  
There is a saying 'you can polish a turd, but it is still a piece of ..."      You cannot fix gen 1 blades, they will run a long time, but not make shareholders rich.

That also being said, Power Consumption doesn't even come into play until around 5B Difficulty I believe.
And then once more, by that time their Gen2 will be out and if Bitfury can get <1W/GH at 55nm and FC is going to 40nm, if they did a full custom then they won't need to worry about power consumption for much much longer than that.

Not to mention when you are the manufacturer and have a basically endless supply of these boards/chips you can underclock them and save on power if that becomes an issue.

Again look at the future, not now.
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
ASICMiner, IceDrill competitor, made a huge investment in immersion cooling capable of 5000+ boards.  Their server location is in Hong Kong so the weather is warm.  I hope IceDrill can compete.
Good Read,
They are already working on their 40nm or 55nm technology which will likely at the very least double that capacity to 100TH (I figure they can probably get up to 4x more due to density) so 200TH per Shipping Container.
Some people have an eye for the future while others are stilling trying to figure out where they stand now.
I think you misread.   It lowers their COOLING cost and power draw.   Think of what kind of power you need for 50TH of their blades.   And all the fun stuff you get to buy from APC to distribute it.   Think of how much those cool things cost that APC does not post prices on.   
There is a saying 'you can polish a turd, but it is still a piece of ..."      You cannot fix gen 1 blades, they will run a long time, but not make shareholders rich.

Good Read,

legendary
Be A Digital Miner
ASICMiner, IceDrill competitor, made a huge investment in immersion cooling capable of 5000+ boards.  Their server location is in Hong Kong so the weather is warm.  I hope IceDrill can compete.

While it is interesting, it is not that scary.   The power draw required to scale those boards is not simple to acquire.    The product that Icedrill bought is far superior, when and if, it arrives and performs at the stated specs.
Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co

You think that is your competition?

This is your competition: http://cointerra.com/cointerra-open-silicon-announce-tape-goldstrike1-asic/
donator
Activity: 1064
A update from both and Willem, will come shortly.
I am meeting with the manager of the Datacenter today, to have a look at the space where we will be hosting the devices.
I will upload some pictures and some more details regarding those aspects.
//DeaDTerra
Hodl!
Well I'm sorry you raised the subject then, since it only gets into threads where relevant to discussion, hardly indiscriminate spam.
IceDrill should just buy the rest of the November KnC Jupiters lol
Though it seriously does make sense for anyone seeking hash at the minute, a gigahash in the hand is worth 10 in vaporware development hell.

Please stop advertising your Reseller link all over the forum in posts. Have some courtesy!
Hodl!

Yes! Click here! Cheesy https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=233

Though it seriously does make sense for anyone seeking hash at the minute, a gigahash in the hand is worth 10 in vaporware development hell.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Will & Ludvig,

As part of the IceDrill management team, could you offer your perspectives on how the continuing delays from Hashfast impacts IceDrill, the previous timeplan and approach? 

It is vital that in a time of crisis (share price now down to around 10% of its original value) that you have regular, clear and open lines of communication and are visibly demonstrating good governance.

An update from your side isn't an unreasonable ask.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1029
I told you that news will be another month of delay... LOL...
But IceDrill position isn't changed when we will take BTC price for consideration and reinvesting. Hashrate will be 3 times more than October 20  but also price of BTC, so IceDrill will be able to buy same amount of hardware and grow with the same speed.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
In all honesty, if it was somehow possible to get a refund (Next to zero chance).

Bar, always a kind word for the grieving and the downtrodden.
*I don't think the KNC deal would work out, there was talk about providing hot water to an apartment complex or some such delirium.  They'd have to toss all the heatpipe coolers Sad
In all honesty, if it was somehow possible to get a refund (Next to zero chance).

Pages:
Jump to: