Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 95. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Will IceDrill be covered under the miner protection program that was recently announced?

No, we did not buy the Miner Protection Program. When it was presented to us we went over it several times with a fine comb and gave it very serious thought.

While we applaud Hashfast's ingenuity in designing what is essentially an insurance policy, we declined it for several reasons.

Happy to expand on those reasons if you'd like?

Huh,  they wanted you to pay for it?  My impression was that it was free for people who bought babyjets.  Were they trying to charge you for it?
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Activity: 179
Will IceDrill be covered under the miner protection program that was recently announced?

No, we did not buy the Miner Protection Program. When it was presented to us we went over it several times with a fine comb and gave it very serious thought.

While we applaud Hashfast's ingenuity in designing what is essentially an insurance policy, we declined it for several reasons.

Happy to expand on those reasons if you'd like?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

on-die thermal controls

So much for Vbs' 'Zomg they will nevar be able to cool such a monster it will be China Syndrome 2.0!1!'    Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cheap shares,

These are mining bonds guys they have already pulled in over 20,000 BTC (Over 2 Million Dollars).

HashFast has completed their Tape-Out and are on a bullet run for the first batch.

Will likely be around beginning of October before the price see a rise to the appropriate level (No dividends or reason to purchase before then if their is still a wall)

They haven't completed their tape-out just yet:

We've posted a new update on our blog:
https://hashfast.com/countdown-to-tapeout/

-John

Any updates on the Tapeout?

It hasn't happened yet, but it is very close. I wish I could say more... but will soon.

- John
Activity: 224
Example of panic buy:
Imo stars with 25 milion shares. Afther first 10 milion shares get bought slowly over the course of couple of days / weeks. People start buying the last shares not to miss out on the ipo. so last 15milion shares get sold in few hours.
Activity: 378
Panic Buy. Look at Labcoin's entire IPO process and then the few hours post their IPO. The whole thing was a panic buy that cost a lot of people money and made a lot of people money.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
excuse my ignorance. i have only heard of panic "sells" but what consitutes a panic "buy"? why would anyone panic to buy a share?

why is this security falling now? was there any bad news?

Will it fall more? To which price ?

The only reason it got that far was cos "Privet investitors" aka themselves bought most of the imp shares to trick people into investing, hoping there will be panic buy for the last shares.

The only reason it got that far was cos "Privet investitors" aka themselves bought most of the imp shares to trick people into investing, hoping there will be panic buy for the last shares.
Activity: 392
Yes most newcomers don't understand that 7,000,000 share wall is for future growth after phase 1.  Unfortunately it's hard to explain this and they should have issued shares in a different way, but we're stuck with this..  it's still a good investment and if the initial profits are good enough then that sell wall will start coming down.  I guess it's a good sign of confidence that it was put up in the first place..
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
Activity: 601
Merit: 503

Activity: 476
Haven't read this thread since I got out, and boy after what I just read am I glad I got out !
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
There is no incentive to buy id shares.
Their value will not grow. It is just Pmb but not mining yet.
When it will start mining it will deliver only 60% bitcoins of 100% hardware cost.

But until then funds are frozen till sell at loss.
There are much better places to get real divs or pure btc like cl, jd, am etc.

Sorry for opening eyes.
Activity: 266
There's general reasons why sometimes people have to sell securities that have nothing to do with the securities at all - emergencies happen or very profitable short-term opportunities become available as two simple examples.

Sure sure I think most people will recognise that not every seller has lost faith in a security, some need the cash plain and simple. But the lack of buyers is a serious problem here. Well, I would see it as one but I sold all my ID shares last week.
Activity: 266
Hey iceBreaker aka crumbs-

Still around 110k shares available before the 7MIL wall. Looks like you were right, these ARE selling like hot cakes! Why don't you get some more? Go on buddy, get as many eggs in this basket as possible, I would LOVE you to.
Activity: 392
Speculators buying a stock directly results in the company getting their funding.  That simple.
Activity: 532
Yes, and from my experience with buying bitcoin stocks, I can say that it's going to be very hard selling those 7,000,000 shares because your only investors who are going to bite are long-termers.

That's not true - or even especially important anyway.  It doesn't benefit (and potentially harms) them to have a pump and dump run on their shares prior to operation even starting.

Short-termers can only make profit anyway if there's long-termers willing to end up holding the shares.

Making the wall invisible wouldn't substantially change anything - and changing the selling price wouldn't make sense after they'd added a commitment to repay .016/share before taking any management cut.  If they sold cheaper they'd be cutting their own throats, if they tried to sell higher they'd make that clause worthless.

If they don't need and can't use the funds now then there's no reason at all why they should risk a pump and dump being run on their IPO by trying to pretend there weren't another 7 million shares available at .016.  Their commitment has to be to the long-term investors not the short-term ones.  And I say that as someone who IS a short-term trader myself (I've bought and sold these shares and had no problem making a profit from it).

Much as I love making a profit buying at IPO then flipping at 2-10 times the price leaving the new purchasers with massively over-valued junk it's entirely unhealthy and bad for the companies involved plus the market in general (the market can't flourish if actual investors rather than speculators/traders can never buy anything at a reasonable price).
Nice to see that people started realizing this is a scam.
Pages:
Jump to: