Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process - page 2. (Read 291889 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
I want to know how the logic flaw worked, on those options. Anyone?

Not that I 100% believe this narrative, but having wrote all the options code for BTC-TC, I can attest to the complexity in coding something like this, and why it is important not to rush something to delivery.  Probably even more important is to closely monitor activity following launch.

A simple input validation failure (eg: allowing negative numbers to be input instead of positive numbers) could quickly turn things sideways.

Requiring manual review of large withdrawals could have likely caught this as well.

I came really close to selling BTC-TC to Ukyo a few months prior to our first notification from the SEC.  I had a bad feeling about it when I realized I'd have to hand over the wallet with everyone's deposits in it.  I delayed, then the SEC thing happened.  Part of me wishes I'd sold (it was a year and a half of legal expenses and not sleeping at night.) but part of me knows that if I had, then everyone else would have ended up screwed.

I'm still confused why the US Gov't came down on me so hard and yet Ukyo (a Texas resident) has had nothing happen.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
So someone hacked 9000 bitcoin from him, because he implemented a shitty options service, and it caused neobee to collapse lol. Bad, bad luck. I'm still confused how Mark Karpeles was involved, or how that fat man had anything to do with this.  Roll Eyes
Jon and Mark were friends, and had hung out together in Japan a few times before all this. Can only think the hacked BTC was funnelled through gox, and they were going to seize them. If there is a saving grace, maybe the hacker didnt get to enjoy his/her spoils.
No need to conflate neobees collapse with weex. There is no cause and effect there.

I want to know how the logic flaw worked, on those options. Anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1025
So someone hacked 9000 bitcoin from him, because he implemented a shitty options service, and it caused neobee to collapse lol. Bad, bad luck. I'm still confused how Mark Karpeles was involved, or how that fat man had anything to do with this.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Wow. Ukyo could have paid people back something but chose to flee instead. Evil.
It is not really made clear in the article, but here is the important part in the blog:
Ukyo then spent a few days putting together the site for users to login and recover a % of their funds.
Ukyo did indeed make a portal that that payed back 6.175% to everyone. (http://weexclaims.weexchange.co/)

But it is obviously not okay that he stopped communicating after MtGox went down, where he most likely lost hope of getting the coins back.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Wow. Ukyo could have paid people back something but chose to flee instead. Evil.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
We finally got some information on what happened at Weex:
http://dannybrewster.com/bitfunder-weexchange/

Well I guess I was on the right track at least Undecided
I still believe that the following IRC-log from December 17, 2013, is the best clue we have to what happened:
Code: (#weex)
 been fighting gox to coorolate things
to find out exactly whats what on those orders
er..
>,>
<,<
i am going to shut up now.
It was written out of context and clearly in the wrong chat.
legendary

I'm just jealous TF can change his account descriptor.   Angry

Cost 10BTC, so the story goes.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Nice signatures TF. Wondering if we should be running a book to see how long they stay where they are!

This account, and Theymos, sure have a strange relationship...... Huh

I'm just jealous TF can change his account descriptor.   Angry

Theymos isn't going to GAF about TF's pitiful sig-based attempt to revive a dead governance coup and its pet altcoin.

The question is how long TF will continue to embarrass himself by festooning his profile with the stench of XT's failure.   Cheesy

Do you think he'll hold out until the XT trigger next year?

I don't think TF will take more than Two Weeks to get over this summer's passing Gavinista fad.
legendary
Nice signatures TF. Wondering if we should be running a book to see how long they stay where they are!

This account, and Theymos, sure have a strange relationship...... Huh
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
I don't know why but it always smells like shit when TradeFortress passes by. He should definitely get included in that so called black-list.
And yes bitcoiners sometimes do crazy things. Try to get or steal their bitcoins and they will hack you to the end of times. That's exactly what they have done and are doing to Jon Montroll aka Ukyo and other scammers.
No doubt TradeFortress should be able to join them soon and be part of the list.
So let this be a lesson for future thieves so they think twice before scamming innocent people.

another alt of cryptocyprus...
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
What about Danny Brewster? Nobody heard anything else about him?

I have an update on all 3 guys.

They stole your money, you guys sat around for over a year doing nothing, so they're gone and so are your coins.

Contrary to what you say they all have arrest warrants in several countries and so they are not free to move anywhere.
They are also on the most wanted list on several black circles. It's not nice to be listed there.
Plus at least one wife (of one of them, JM) has been listed naked, f***d and abused on the dark web and this black website is visited by millions of people.
So it does not look like any of them is in a good situation, don't you think?
It would have been better for them on many cases to give back what they stole.

lol this is cryptocyprus.

And, pink meth has been down for ages, the latest 'resurfacing' is just an archival dump. At east make up something convincing.

Good, TradeFortress presenting himself as a candidate to join the list.
legendary
Activity: 1526
I don't know why but it always smells like shit when TradeFortress passes by. He should definitely get included in that so called black-list.
And yes bitcoiners sometime do crazy things. Try to get or steal their bitcoins and they will hack you to the end of times. That's exactly what they have done and are doing to Jon Montroll aka Ukyo and other scammers.
No doubt TradeFortress should be able to join them soon and be part of the list.
So let this be a lesson for future thieves so they think twice before scamming innocent people.

The lesson should be to stop giving your coins to scumbags. What other lesson is there to learn? Don't rob people because someone will make up a ridiculous false story and post it on the forum?
vip
👻

They stole your money, you guys sat around for over a year doing nothing, so they're gone and so are your coins.

Contrary to what you say they all have arrest warrants in several countries and so they are not free to move anywhere.
They are also on the most wanted list on several black circles. It's not nice to be listed there.
Plus at least one wife (of one of them, JM) has been listed naked, f***d and abused on the dark web and this black website is visited by millions of people.

Is this real? Sounds awful. If she did not know about it or maybe he doesn't even care about here. Whose wife was it? Is JM the shortcut for the scammer or the wife?

I did not think that it went this far already with the bitcoin community. I would like to think the persons that did that to the woman are not real bitcoiners but when i read all the threats and more on the forum i think i can't say that for sure. Sad
It's not real. None of it is real. It's the scammer trolling...
Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Is this real? Sounds awful. If she did not know about it or maybe he doesn't even care about here. Whose wife was it? Is JM the shortcut for the scammer or the wife?

I did not think that it went this far already with the bitcoin community. I would like to think the persons that did that to the woman are not real bitcoiners but when i read all the threats and more on the forum i think i can't say that for sure. Sad
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0

vip
👻

lol this is cryptocyprus.

And, pink meth has been down for ages, the latest 'resurfacing' is just an archival dump. At east make up something convincing.
vip
👻
I remember my IRC convos with Ukyo

cant wait until the price hits 200
why?
so i can pack up the btc and run!
kidding ofc
lolol
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

Not mine actually. I was lucky and managed to get out just before the crash. I was just curious whether that arrest warrant that was isued against him ever got anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1526

legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Pages:
Jump to: