Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process - page 77. (Read 291897 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
What is your estimate of the time scale we are talking about? I have seen no concrete info either from Ukyo or Danny whether we are talking about days, weeks, months or years. Is there anything out there that I missed?

I can't give an estimate as it's not for me to give and my understanding is that there are reasons an estimate cannot be given, else it would have been.

Purely from my own perspective, I would hope to see something within the next 2 weeks. To use your words, days or weeks but not months or years.

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
The excuse was holidays, now they are over what is the next excuse? This is getting ridiculous

They couldn't proceed with whatever they needed to do because of the holidays. We have had a whole 1 US working day since then. It's should be evident that whatever needs to happen is not a 1 day fix.

What is your estimate of the time scale we are talking about? I have seen no concrete info either from Ukyo or Danny whether we are talking about days, weeks, months or years. Is there anything out there that I missed?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The excuse was holidays, now they are over what is the next excuse? This is getting ridiculous

They couldn't proceed with whatever they needed to do because of the holidays. We have had a whole 1 US working day since then. It's should be evident that whatever needs to happen is not a 1 day fix.

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
106 BTC... damn. That's gotta hurt, losing that.

At max I'll only lose couple of thousand dollars. Which sucks but survivable.
It does set me back a couple of months of profit..
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
from activemining official announcements thread:

Bitfunder/WeExchange Problems:

We have ~106 BTC in the Bitfunder/WeExchange system which we can not obtain.  We have sent Bitfunder's/WeExchange's Ukyo a Legal Demand For Payment within 72 hours.  We expect this problem to result in the loss of the 106 BTC.  We are meeting with our Lawyers to determine what our next steps will be.  This 106 BTC has been deducted from our liquid cash position above.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100

It is not rubbish he indeed discovered a flaw in the Bitcoin protocol. The flaw is if you ever gave your bitcoins to a person in promise for them to return the bitcoins, they might run away with your them.

Wink

To be fair, this bug was discovered much earlier by many others. Ukyo cannot claim priority here  Wink
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto

4-while fixing the bug with bitcoind they discovered a flaw in the protocol which would crash bitcoin and its derivates instantly to Zero.

If that were the case he could still alarm Gavin and the dev team and pay out the bitcoins to his customers. This idea makes no sense.
Please ignore these comments about the bitcoin protocol.
They are purely rubbish.

I agree it is complete speculation but I cant think of a single other case where this kind of secrecy would be acceptable
No, it's not speculation, it's rubbish.
It's not the reason.

It is not rubbish he indeed discovered a flaw in the Bitcoin protocol. The flaw is if you ever gave your bitcoins to a person in promise for them to return the bitcoins, they might run away with your them.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

4-while fixing the bug with bitcoind they discovered a flaw in the protocol which would crash bitcoin and its derivates instantly to Zero.

If that were the case he could still alarm Gavin and the dev team and pay out the bitcoins to his customers. This idea makes no sense.
They are purely rubbish.

I agree it is complete speculation but I cant think of a single other case where this kind of secrecy would be acceptable
No, it's not speculation, it's rubbish.
It's not the reason.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I have 56 btc on weexchange.co , when those money can withdraw...
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

They are purely rubbish.

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

They are purely rubbish.
Activity: 525
At least 4, fwiw
Activity: 112

Activity: 118
Massive, massive insolvency.
Activity: 58

4 Would be pretty damn scary but I doubt it is the case. Why would ukyo and cryptocyprus team be working on fixing the bitcoind protocol instead of the lead devs?

They would of course, but in the meantime for bitcoin's survival they have to keep silence and calm the mob which is organizing a witch hunt.

If we could just know what happened I am sure it would put the community at rest

Please don't understand me wrong. I definately have no reason to believe that 4 is the case. I try to help to imagine that there might be problems which are better not comunicated until they are sorted out.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I think this is likely what is happening:

1-Ukyo gambled all the funds on failed stocks, has nothing

2-NeoBee gave him a ton of IPVO shares in exchange for WeExchange ownership.

3-The hope is that NeoBee brings out news that will boost the share price, so Ukyo can sell the shares and pay everyone back. This could also be the cause of the massive NeoBee sell-off we've seen in the last 24 hours.

There is exactly no information what happened. So why not add to your list:

This would even go perfectly with Ukyo's hint that his "announcement" might affect the exchange rate. It's all boring speculation which doesn't help nobody to solve the problem.

I'm the largest single ukyo.loan shareholder and I'm also significantly invested in Neo&Bee and I think this is great news! Not that anyone cares, lol. There is at least one person out there who still believes in Ukyo and Neo&Bee, though. Good luck to you both and I hope this all gets sorted out quickly.

Three

4 Would be pretty damn scary but I doubt it is the case. Why would ukyo and cryptocyprus team be working on fixing the bitcoind protocol instead of the lead devs?

Seems to me the most likely case is that the bitcoins are literally gone or not possible to access.

I don't think it is an argument of whether ukyo can handle the challenges he faces, it is the fact that we have no idea what challenges he is facing that is seen as the major problem by most. If we could just know what happened I am sure it would put the community at rest and possibly a community effort is what would be needed to fix whatever problem. Either way there is 1.5 million USD worth of the communities bitcoins and nobody but a selected few know what is going on.
Activity: 58
I think this is likely what is happening:

1-Ukyo gambled all the funds on failed stocks, has nothing

2-NeoBee gave him a ton of IPVO shares in exchange for WeExchange ownership.

3-The hope is that NeoBee brings out news that will boost the share price, so Ukyo can sell the shares and pay everyone back. This could also be the cause of the massive NeoBee sell-off we've seen in the last 24 hours.

There is exactly no information what happened. So why not add to your list:

This would even go perfectly with Ukyo's hint that his "announcement" might affect the exchange rate. It's all boring speculation which doesn't help nobody to solve the problem.

I'm the largest single ukyo.loan shareholder and I'm also significantly invested in Neo&Bee and I think this is great news! Not that anyone cares, lol. There is at least one person out there who still believes in Ukyo and Neo&Bee, though. Good luck to you both and I hope this all gets sorted out quickly.

Three
Activity: 490

At least two.
Activity: 546
Pages:
Jump to: