Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 19. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
No, actually, he has a point. You just have to actually read it.

I read it and that´s the last I´ll read of this guy. Not very interested in clinically politically correct people at all. Have fun, bye.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
No, actually, he has a point. You just have to actually read it.
It´s racist to talk about westerners? This guy must be on some extreme medication. And/or suffering from political correctnessitis in the final stages, hahahahahahahahaha.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Well, I guess all enterprise for profit is driven by greed so there´s nothing new in Bitcoin as that is concerned. Furthermore; the Chinese who dominate mining may not share our western noble ideals about Bitcoin. To them it´s probably just another milking cow.

Its really racist to say that because "westerners" are westerners they're implicitly honorable while because the Chinese are Chinese that they're implicitly evil. When you look at the facts its only been Chinese companies who have shown any sort of nobility by foregoing their own needs for the greater good.

• Gen 1 Avalon, they could have put them all in a warehouse and walked away with about $6m of bitcoins but instead they chose to sell them for nothing.
  • Bitmain have always sold openly to the public with the latest technology even when there have been no competitors.

Meanwhile, almost every western company so far has only done things to maximise their profit.

• BFL took preorders for profit while selfmining-ish.
  • KNC only used public sales to fund their own super farms.
  • Bitfury only used public sales to fund their own super farms.
  • CoinTerra, HashFast, Bitmine, BlackArrow, AMT etc etc.... all using public sales / preorders to fund their own farms / doing naughty things.

Also called it back in December:
BAMM - a WORKING 16 nm full custom ASIC chip @TSMC ! 5x more efficient than our 28nm. Sales to public start shorlty. Decentralize @Bitcoin !
https://twitter.com/bitfurygeorge/status/677132522074017794

I'll believe it when I see it, impossible to tell what is PR with this company.
... the Chinese who dominate mining may not share our western noble ideals about Bitcoin. To them it´s probably just another milking cow.

It's another milking cow to us noble westerners too, BitFury being a western co. (Valery Vavilov, CEO -> dead giveaway).
Let's at least be honest with ourselves.

Yeah, and even better; they make the equipment. That´s always good business in any gold rush of course, providing the shovels, picks and such.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
... the Chinese who dominate mining may not share our western noble ideals about Bitcoin. To them it´s probably just another milking cow.

It's another milking cow to us noble westerners too, BitFury being a western co. (Valery Vavilov, CEO -> dead giveaway).
Let's at least be honest with ourselves.
Well, I guess all enterprise for profit is driven by greed so there´s nothing new in Bitcoin as that is concerned. Furthermore; the Chinese who dominate mining may not share our western noble ideals about Bitcoin. To them it´s probably just another milking cow.
^I understand, and feel about the same, the whole CPU->GPU->FPGA->ASIC escalation wasn't my idea of fun, but predictable -- Bitcoin is driven by greed rational self-interest, per design parameters.
Big business happens, end result of economies of scale. That's the way of the world, banks, in this instance, had nothing to do with it -- other bitcoiners did. Sad
legendary
Well in this case it was a general dis on "big business" and the greed inherent in human nature (most prominent and corrupting in people of wealth and power), which when you think about big businesses driven by greed you immediately think of banks and investors.

I didn't buy a competitor's product because I didn't want to anyway. Got no money for it. What it is doing, however, is delaying a project I've been investing time and resources in for a year or so, the end goal of which is to build a miner using BitFury chips. By keeping folks like me out the loop, they're costing themselves potential sales rather than costing competition. Also, when you comment on something make sure to read its context - your explanation is a paraphrase of my sentence immediately following the one you quoted.
So, is this new chip already upon us? Difficulty is spiking again, up 7% with four days to go until the next adjustment. Total hasrate is presently a staggering 1.3 Exahash/s.
Only when the authorities are watching.

sad but true! and some people think it's a good habit!  Roll Eyes

Alan Greenspan thought the banks/wallstreet would NEVER screw up  Roll Eyes

No. He didn't. He said and KNEW the very opposite of this before he sold his soul.

How is it no matter what goes [predictably] wrong in bitcoin (like another bitcoin ASIC manufacture promising, for the Nth time, that MoneyMachines will be ready in TwoWeeksTM), the conversation inevitably turns to hatin' on banksters?
What do lying banksters have to do with this particular instance of surprise buttsecs Huh

@sidechenell re "Radio silence isn't helping anything though": It served its purpose. You didn't buy competitor's product. Radio silence served AsicMiner pretty well, too. What's to be gained by saying "we ain't got jack"?
legendary
Chip fab issues would make sense. Looks like TSMC initially thought the quake would cost them between a few days and a week, but then changed that to almost two months. So it could be when Bitfury said the quake wouldn't put them off schedule they were going off the initial appraisal which quickly proved incorrect.

Radio silence isn't helping anything though. Unless they want to keep us in suspense because while we continue to wait for them we do stop (or slow down) buying S7.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
While I could be dead wrong, right now my money is on a "chip fabrication" problem for Bitfury, as opposed to outright deception on their part.

I don't think they have said anything useful in well over a month, so it's obvious that "late March" isn't useful for guidance.

Better communication from bitfury would be appreciated by most.

Its the same thing I've been trying to tell them since early 2015. Big company + two communications executives + expensive pr firm = radio silence apparently.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Although the actual mining community isn't a direct customer. Bitfury intended to draw attention with this announcement, they succeeded.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Bitfury doesn't sell to the public. It shouldn't surprise anyone that we aren't going to get any updates.
While I could be dead wrong, right now my money is on a "chip fabrication" problem for Bitfury, as opposed to outright deception on their part.

I don't think they have said anything useful in well over a month, so it's obvious that "late March" isn't useful for guidance.

Better communication from bitfury would be appreciated by most.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

At one point they were saying "end of March", so in THEORY shortly in this case should mean "any day now".

Classic over promise and under deliver lol.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
At one point they were saying "end of March", so in THEORY shortly in this case should mean "any day now".
Activity: 156
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
Now, when Bitfury says "shortly" are we talking quarterly short amount of times, or were they hinting at releasing them a week before the halving?
Pages:
Jump to: