Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 21. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
I think bitfury should at least update the thread they started. People such as myself aren't purchasing new hardware in anticipation of the new chips. I'm also curious if bitmain are blowing out their new single fan s7, to make room for something new they have coming. Either way bitfury IMHO owes us some sort of explanation.

They owe US nothing,nada,zilch.........we are the last folks on their mind & have been since 2013  Roll Eyes

I'm sure they have been in communication with the wealthy VC investors who will receive their miners & rewards very soon  Wink

Seems pointless to start a thread like this, then leave everyone hanging.

Well, I started this thread. I'd say its pointless to go global PR blasts from your expensive tier 1 PR agency, when you're going to seemingly go back on its content and then go dark for 6 months.

Good point
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I think bitfury should at least update the thread they started. People such as myself aren't purchasing new hardware in anticipation of the new chips. I'm also curious if bitmain are blowing out their new single fan s7, to make room for something new they have coming. Either way bitfury IMHO owes us some sort of explanation.

They owe US nothing,nada,zilch.........we are the last folks on their mind & have been since 2013  Roll Eyes

I'm sure they have been in communication with the wealthy VC investors who will receive their miners & rewards very soon  Wink

Well, I started this thread. I'd say its pointless to do global PR blasts from your expensive tier 1 PR agency, when you're going to seemingly go back on its content and then go dark for 6 months.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
*sigh* looks like bitmain will be our savior again. Unless Bitfury pulls  a magic trick on us, we'll be seeing some ridiculous bitmain miner with terrible efficiency on the market with a terrible price... It all gets better every day, doesn't it? If this continues after the halving difficulty will need to drastically drop for current gen chips to still be profitable.

And what are your guesses how much it will drop, when BF has the 16nm tech runinng  Grin Shocked
Near or below current difficulty for an antminer s7 to make at least a penny a day. Assuming Bitfury already has the 16nm chips and don't keep it to themselves, they probably won't run at a loss and will probably keep making money. There is also a chance they'll never release it, but it's so hyped now that they could make quite a big profit if they released it after the halving and with most people using outdated rigs. Ofc bitmain could have made a more efficient chip and miner by then, but i'm not real optimistic because they tend to jack prices way up whenever they can for the first few batches, and it looks like they're not really getting anywhere recently.
BitFury does not make miners for the general public. They make the chips and sell them to integrators to make miners. btw: that also applies to themselves (BitFury) as their data tank farms and 'mobile PH' setups are done by a division of theirs. Nice way to keep all markups within the same parent company Wink

Aside from the Community miner project, you can bet that whomever takes up the larger public market for ready-to-run miners using BitFury's chips will be asking all the $$ they can get same as Bitmain does and for the same reasons.

As for when 16nm chiips and miners using them show up, please re https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14386376

Both BitFury and of course Bitmain with their certain to be in development 16nm solution use TSMC. Correct me if wrong but I  believe Innosilicon uses TSMC as well. Soooo....
If I had half a brain, i'd know that Bitfury stopped making miners back in 2014 I believe. Just looking st the expected date the chips might be released makes me shiver as it'll take a month or 2 for people to actually make a miner with the chips. Hopefully it'll come out near mid or early may as miners then will probably only be released around the halving or even a bit later.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
So, what's the current state of play then guys?
Bitfury have a small number of prototype chips which they may/may not have released to favored integrators and they may/may not be mining with?
TMSC have production problems due to earthquake/flood damage and are talking about up to 50 day delays?
If, without the delay, punin was confident enough to bet on April 1st for equipment to be in the wild, then is it now +~50 days, making late May?
Do I have this about right?

They owe US nothing,nada,zilch.........we are the last folks on their mind & have been since 2013  Roll Eyes

I'm sure they have been in communication with the wealthy VC investors who will receive their miners & rewards very soon  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
*sigh* looks like bitmain will be our savior again. Unless Bitfury pulls  a magic trick on us, we'll be seeing some ridiculous bitmain miner with terrible efficiency on the market with a terrible price... It all gets better every day, doesn't it? If this continues after the halving difficulty will need to drastically drop for current gen chips to still be profitable.

And what are your guesses how much it will drop, when BF has the 16nm tech runinng  Grin Shocked
Near or below current difficulty for an antminer s7 to make at least a penny a day. Assuming Bitfury already has the 16nm chips and don't keep it to themselves, they probably won't run at a loss and will probably keep making money. There is also a chance they'll never release it, but it's so hyped now that they could make quite a big profit if they released it after the halving and with most people using outdated rigs. Ofc bitmain could have made a more efficient chip and miner by then, but i'm not real optimistic because they tend to jack prices way up whenever they can for the first few batches, and it looks like they're not really getting anywhere recently.
BitFury does not make miners for the general public. They make the chips and sell them to integrators to make miners. btw: that also applies to themselves (BitFury) as their data tank farms and 'mobile PH' setups are done by a division of theirs. Nice way to keep all markups within the same parent company Wink

Aside from the Community miner project, you can bet that whomever takes up the larger public market for ready-to-run miners using BitFury's chips will be asking all the $$ they can get same as Bitmain does and for the same reasons.

As for when 16nm chiips and miners using them show up, please re https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14386376

Both BitFury and of course Bitmain with their certain to be in development 16nm solution use TSMC. Correct me if wrong but I  believe Innosilicon uses TSMC as well. Soooo....
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!

legendary
Activity: 1008

And what are your guesses how much it will drop, when BF has the 16nm tech runinng  Grin Shocked
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
legendary
I remember when "shortly" meant an actual time frame, which was relatively "short".  I'm guessing new gen autumn 2016

Halving with 0.25J/gh ...
Now that doesn't make any sense at all  Shocked

we are all doomed goxxed!  Cool

Sort of  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
I remember when "shortly" meant an actual time frame, which was relatively "short".  I'm guessing new gen autumn 2016

we are all doomed goxxed!  Cool
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
And who is going to build a homeminer with these chips  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Yeah Thailand, around 2011, flooding sorely jacked up hard drive prices. I was working in a computer repair shop at the time, and kept having to explain to customers why stuff cost too much.

Good times for me I had 2 cases  (48) of wd black 2tb  hdds purchased on an outstanding deal they arrived the day before the flood.

prices went up 2 to 3 times normal.  I was able to sell them lower then anyone on ebay and still make really good money on them.

I would have to think I made 3000 more then I thought I was going to make on those hdds.

And everyone loved me on ebay as my price was way lower then anyone else.

They were a good item to sell since I recorded  serial numbers.  I think I had 1 return in 40 sales.
Damn.. I remember those times, and drives costed SO. FCKN.MUCH! I sold my 1TB HDD because I had to take advantage of the prices, and after the craze ended I bought a 2TB HDD with some of the extra. Good times... wasnt a ponzi but doubled my hdd size xD
Here's a fun little story about 2011 and hdd prices if you're interested: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze_drive_farming/
It's pretty funny how these guys got banned from buying hdds at costco and best buy Cheesy

Damnnn thats a cool story, thanks for sharing Smiley
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
Yeah Thailand, around 2011, flooding sorely jacked up hard drive prices. I was working in a computer repair shop at the time, and kept having to explain to customers why stuff cost too much.

Good times for me I had 2 cases  (48) of wd black 2tb  hdds purchased on an outstanding deal they arrived the day before the flood.

prices went up 2 to 3 times normal.  I was able to sell them lower then anyone on ebay and still make really good money on them.

I would have to think I made 3000 more then I thought I was going to make on those hdds.

They were a good item to sell since I recorded  serial numbers.  I think I had 1 return in 40 sales.
Damn.. I remember those times, and drives costed SO. FCKN.MUCH! I sold my 1TB HDD because I had to take advantage of the prices, and after the craze ended I bought a 2TB HDD with some of the extra. Good times... wasnt a ponzi but doubled my hdd size xD
Here's a fun little story about 2011 and hdd prices if you're interested: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze_drive_farming/
It's pretty funny how these guys got banned from buying hdds at costco and best buy Cheesy
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
I'm willing to bet it was the earthquake .

Luckily our schedule was not affected by the recent Taiwan earthquake.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Good times for me I had 2 cases  (48) of wd black 2tb  hdds purchased on an outstanding deal they arrived the day before the flood.

prices went up 2 to 3 times normal.  I was able to sell them lower then anyone on ebay and still make really good money on them.

They were a good item to sell since I recorded  serial numbers.  I think I had 1 return in 40 sales.
Pages:
Jump to: