Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 17. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
500 watts would be nice, but anything under 1 KW would be viable for home mining - if it's better designed for "moderatly quiet efficient" cooling than some recent units have been.

Do note that the S5 wasn't much over 500 watts but still managed to be QUITE loud (my A2 Mega's are about the same noise level, despite *3 to 5* 120mm high-flow fans vs. 1).

Delta focused flow fans (like the FFB series) are nice when you have a restricted flow path (like in the S7) but they're a lot noisier than the AFB line at the same rated CFM level - tradeoff is that the AFBs don't handle high-restriction flow paths nearly as well.

I am fine with 1300 watts at the wall in EU  Grin
 What i would like to see for the next generation would be a under 0,1J miner with round about 650 watts at the wall under 0,075$/GH shipped with some bigger fans <- plural in the size of a S7 with a good spare parts supply and a great customer service  Roll Eyes Cheesy
legendary
Can't talk about engineering samples that are apparently still under NDA, and nothing available "to the public" yet, other than wild-speculation.

How come you had to sign a NDA, in what kind of relationship are you standing with BitFury  Shocked
legendary
@elrippo

I agree with that ,they know in order to keep btc worth some thing it has to be shared to some extent but if they can they will and do hug as much as they can but keep it so it has some worth and then they fuel  there own personal greed which hurts them and every one else over time but the here and now is all they care about. who ever  it is .!!!

I could run maybe three at 1600 watts in my home if the speeds were up there but wouldn't want to and won't even with the solar power im having installed,I'm doing that mostly to crap on the power company i know it doesn't but I like to think it does but i would rather run 10 or more at 240 watts or less at 5 to 6 th each or more but that's dreaming at this point . !! they are slowly killing off home mining completely , i don't see how that benefits them at all .I may even go back to GPU mining and run a few 1 to 4 th btc miners as back up from time to time. GPU mining isn't doing to bad right now depending what coin you mine but would rather run 50 th or more in my home btc mining with a really good power use ages but that dreaming right now.

Well, the thing is, if you think the industry can do this by their own, it will fail one way or another. So building miners for the "home use" is still vital, especially if you look at some chinese mining farms using bitmains products.

I personally could afford buying a SP50, they just don't sell it to you and that's the sad thing about it. Thinking in industry standards will make the industry weaker. Thinking in home miner AND industry standards makes you stronger.

If all the ASIC manufacturers would think this way, we would have four home miner selling companies giving the chance to profit by themselfs and let others do the profit too.
So i would like to see home miners from Avalon, Bitfury, Spondoolies and Bitmain, that would open up a market  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
500 watts would be nice, but anything under 1 KW would be viable for home mining - if it's better designed for "moderatly quiet efficient" cooling than some recent units have been.

Do note that the S5 wasn't much over 500 watts but still managed to be QUITE loud (my A2 Mega's are about the same noise level, despite *3 to 5* 120mm high-flow fans vs. 1).

Delta focused flow fans (like the FFB series) are nice when you have a restricted flow path (like in the S7) but they're a lot noisier than the AFB line at the same rated CFM level - tradeoff is that the AFBs don't handle high-restriction flow paths nearly as well.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Can't talk about engineering samples that are apparently still under NDA, and nothing available "to the public" yet, other than wild-speculation.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The key words if they want to at one time they really seemed to care and fixed stuff now it seems all they worry about is money and screw the rest make it sell it don't worry about how bad it works etc they know it will sell .....and the sad part it does sell. one reason they won't sell you chips imo you make to good a miner truth be said  but I'm being evil mined there selling you chips won't hurt them but sense you do care well you know.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I don't know about that. Every revision they made to the S7 after the original batch made them quantitatively worse.
legendary
I tend to consider 500W as a practical upperbound for home mining. Something that range is easy to find power for and doesn't have to be big (low density) in order to cool effectively without being super loud.

even that i would settle for if we could get but would like it lower  not the S7 shit which im sure if they really wanted to they could have done better at .
legendary
I tend to consider 500W as a practical upperbound for home mining. Something that range is easy to find power for and doesn't have to be big (low density) in order to cool effectively without being super loud.
legendary
@elrippo

I agree with that ,they know in order to keep btc worth some thing it has to be shared to some extent but if they can they will and do hug as much as they can but keep it so it has some worth and then they fuel  there own personal greed which hurts them and every one else over time but the here and now is all they care about. who ever  it is .!!!

I could run maybe three at 1600 watts in my home if the speeds were up there but wouldn't want to and won't even with the solar power im having installed,I'm doing that mostly to crap on the power company i know it doesn't but I like to think it does but i would rather run 10 or more at 240 watts or less at 5 to 6 th each or more but that's dreaming at this point . !! they are slowly killing off home mining completely , i don't see how that benefits them at all .I may even go back to GPU mining and run a few 1 to 4 th btc miners as back up from time to time. GPU mining isn't doing to bad right now depending what coin you mine but would rather run 50 th or more in my home btc mining with a really good power use ages but that dreaming right now.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
BITFURY, i would endorse you to sell Miners for the "Home Miner" in large scale at under 0,15$/GH shipped!

You may ask, why this crazy guy wants you to do so, well i'll try to give you an answer to this.

Every time the price hits 2795, somebody sells a large portion of BTC to keep the price under this level, and that seems to be a succesful strategy. I personally suspect some big miners in china to regulate the market this way, and therefore keep the rest of the world outside of the mining business. That sounds somewhat like a monopol, and i truely do believe that is the case (i think you guys know that too, so no surprise here).

BITMAIN is the largest ASIC manufacturer and miner at present it seems, and BITMAIN is getting more and more the dictator of this business, so the natural strategy should be to change this.

What can you guys do to make that happen?

1.) Build a Miner for "Home Miners" with a price less than 0,15$/GH shipped, and a power consumption less than 1600 watts each, to keep that thing running at home.
2.) Offer a bulk sale in logarithmic steps, so small mining farms are able to buy at decent prices to grow.
3.) Offer a great support to your customers, and i believe you will be sold out in a few days.

On the long run that builds a counter part to BITMAIN and we will see a shift from china to the rest of the world in small steps, but we will see it. Secondly it will lift you on top of the market, and take some air from BITMAIN to breathe. Thirdly, and i believe this will happen, all after that the price of BTC will hold a steady level (at the moment speaking, this is left to market makers as BITMAIN is one)

Conclusion: Support the home miner and you will get some strategic pressure on the guys from China  Wink

yes, the chart proves it.

https://snag.gy/4tpVj5

huobi, daily chart.
legendary
BITFURY, i would endorse you to sell Miners for the "Home Miner" in large scale at under 0,15$/GH shipped!

You may ask, why this crazy guy wants you to do so, well i'll try to give you an answer to this.

Every time the price hits 2795, somebody sells a large portion of BTC to keep the price under this level, and that seems to be a succesful strategy. I personally suspect some big miners in china to regulate the market this way, and therefore keep the rest of the world outside of the mining business. That sounds somewhat like a monopol, and i truely do believe that is the case (i think you guys know that too, so no surprise here).

BITMAIN is the largest ASIC manufacturer and miner at present it seems, and BITMAIN is getting more and more the dictator of this business, so the natural strategy should be to change this.

What can you guys do to make that happen?

1.) Build a Miner for "Home Miners" with a price less than 0,15$/GH shipped, and a power consumption less than 1600 watts each, to keep that thing running at home.
2.) Offer a bulk sale in logarithmic steps, so small mining farms are able to buy at decent prices to grow.
3.) Offer a great support to your customers, and i believe you will be sold out in a few days.

On the long run that builds a counter part to BITMAIN and we will see a shift from china to the rest of the world in small steps, but we will see it. Secondly it will lift you on top of the market, and take some air from BITMAIN to breathe. Thirdly, and i believe this will happen, all after that the price of BTC will hold a steady level (at the moment speaking, this is left to market makers as BITMAIN is one)

Conclusion: Support the home miner and you will get some strategic pressure on the guys from China  Wink
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Wow! I'm very interested on A4 news, please, talk about them at the properly post...  Wink
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
HEY!!!!!!! Only talk about BTC Bitfury chips here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikestang will start reporting all those who don't comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I chuckled at that.
legendary
Activity: 2212
I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

Check out the link in my sig.

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

Nah, I saw the moonlanded - the Alcheminer chip was, from what I've seen of it, about the SAME efficiency as the A2.
 I just don't like the limits the USB/board type design put on the chip for power and cooling.

Given Innosilicon hasn't even released the A4 chips yet, how can you say how their miner design is going to look?
 Their *A2* designs has bucks, but they have stated the A4 is designed to work in a string setup - I don't recall that being an A2 option.

Last announcement on Innosilicon's web site was "June" timeframe for the A4 chips to start getting shipped, "July" for miners, as I recall.

The BIG question is "are they sticking with A3 release at the same time" that they stated in one of their early mentions of both chips?
 The NEXT big question is "how good will the A3 be when they release it"?

Yea I meant A2, had a brain fart and thought your A4 comment was for the A2. As for the A4 should have some interesting stuff "soonish" to report Wink

HEY!!!!!!! Only talk about BTC Bitfury chips here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikestang will start reporting all those who don't comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

Check out the link in my sig.

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

Nah, I saw the moonlanded - the Alcheminer chip was, from what I've seen of it, about the SAME efficiency as the A2.
 I just don't like the limits the USB/board type design put on the chip for power and cooling.

Given Innosilicon hasn't even released the A4 chips yet, how can you say how their miner design is going to look?
 Their *A2* designs has bucks, but they have stated the A4 is designed to work in a string setup - I don't recall that being an A2 option.

Last announcement on Innosilicon's web site was "June" timeframe for the A4 chips to start getting shipped, "July" for miners, as I recall.

The BIG question is "are they sticking with A3 release at the same time" that they stated in one of their early mentions of both chips?
 The NEXT big question is "how good will the A3 be when they release it"?

Yea I meant A2, had a brain fart and thought your A4 comment was for the A2. As for the A4 should have some interesting stuff "soonish" to report Wink
legendary
Just to be clear - read what I wrote. The perenthetic "had already been sent to big players" is included in what "I heard from Kilo". "I have not confirmed anything", "nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time" and "if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin".

Seriously. Stop asking me questions about the state of Bitfury chips because, like I've been saying for about three months, it's out of my hands. Y'all know everything that I know at this point, which is not much.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
I have not confirmed anything. It's also entirely possible I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. With the exception of sporadic updates from Kilo, nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time. The last word I got from anyone at Bitfury directly was I think around the end of January. I'd suggest, if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin.

Just to be clear. This means you don't have any information which confirms your statement "[sample chips] (which had already been sent to big players, but not us)"?
It is just an assumption of you without prove?
legendary
I have not confirmed anything. It's also entirely possible I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. With the exception of sporadic updates from Kilo, nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time. The last word I got from anyone at Bitfury directly was I think around the end of January. I'd suggest, if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Was that a nonrefundable deposit?

Last I heard from Kilo, they hadn't sent the 1BTC yet so he was going to try and trade them for sample chips (which had already been sent to big players, but not us).

Did one of the "big players" confirm that he received samples to you personally?
Or are this just rumours?

NDA is a hell of drug!
Pages:
Jump to: