Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 18. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Was that a nonrefundable deposit?

Last I heard from Kilo, they hadn't sent the 1BTC yet so he was going to try and trade them for sample chips (which had already been sent to big players, but not us).

Did one of the "big players" confirm that he received samples to you personally?
Or are this just rumours?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Was that a nonrefundable deposit?

Last I heard from Kilo, they hadn't sent the 1BTC yet so he was going to try and trade them for sample chips (which had already been sent to big players, but not us).
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
Did they at least send kilo17 the 1 BTC for the bet he won ?

like they kept my 1 BTC when I didn't order on the first original badge (price was 100 BTC btw).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Did they at least send kilo17 the 1 BTC for the bet he won ?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
.......''sales'' to ''public'' ''start'' ''shortly''
 Roll Eyes

go bitmain go!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Why do alt coins always seem to find their way into so many bitcoin discussion topics in the Bitcoin part of this forum?

Scrypt has no place in this topic.

Hi, this time, A4 have the bitcoin interest in the A3 "brother". Unfortunally, there is no notice about this chip/miner. BTW, the alt coins are all in the same area, so it is a bit hard to find the topics you are searching or have interest. Here is easyer, but you are right, this is a bitcoin forum area...  Embarrassed

i agree if they are gonna have both forms they should both be formatted the same. maintained the same way. but again rules are rules with out rules things would be a worse mess then they are now
;0.

Why do alt coins always seem to find their way into so many bitcoin discussion topics in the Bitcoin part of this forum?

because most will do it regardless of rules it's a chip it mines coins that's why it's that simple....or it's hardware some even believe sense it is hard ware it does not mater what forms it is in ,
Smiley.. i tend to agree with that but that's me and rules are rules, so I don't push it .
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Hi, this time, A4 have the bitcoin interest in the A3 "brother". Unfortunally, there is no notice about this chip/miner. BTW, the alt coins are all in the same area, so it is a bit hard to find the topics you are searching or have interest. Here is easyer, but you are right, this is a bitcoin forum area...  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

Check out the link in my sig.

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

Nah, I saw the moonlanded - the Alcheminer chip was, from what I've seen of it, about the SAME efficiency as the A2.
 I just don't like the limits the USB/board type design put on the chip for power and cooling.

Given Innosilicon hasn't even released the A4 chips yet, how can you say how their miner design is going to look?
 Their *A2* designs has bucks, but they have stated the A4 is designed to work in a string setup - I don't recall that being an A2 option.

Last announcement on Innosilicon's web site was "June" timeframe for the A4 chips to start getting shipped, "July" for miners, as I recall.

The BIG question is "are they sticking with A3 release at the same time" that they stated in one of their early mentions of both chips?
 The NEXT big question is "how good will the A3 be when they release it"?

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

When will we see the A4 hashing??
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
14nm just outcome from sfards isnt it?
Got a link? There's nothing new on their site to hint at a faster, more efficient chip. Just the 28nm SF3301 dual-mining chip, which I'm still not interested in.

I really want to see sidehack's project take wing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
14nm just outcome from sfards isnt it?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Punin:

Since the Bitfury sample chips were finally sent out last week I was thinking you could pay the 1 BTC with sample chips for the Commiunity miner so we can get things rolling on it.  I would like to have the miner out in a reasonable time frame Grin

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Vavilov and BitFury are "westerners"? I guess I should take that cold war world map off my wall.

Anyway, I gave up on waiting for BitFury, not that I had high hopes to begin with. HODL for me, thank you.

As someone else said, all US companies that sold miners turned out to be either incompetent or scam.
"Contemplate this on the tree of woe".
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yeah, dogie can drop loads of crap sometimes. We all do it now and then. But calling you out on dissing Chinese for how evil their business practices are compared to how great us Westerners are, while ignoring the fact that, within the Bitcoin economy, pretty much every overtly scammy manufacturer we can think of was a Western enterprise. Nobody is trying to say China is specifically good or evil, just that it's crappy to make announcements based on prejudice while denying evidence.

I'm from Missouri, and I like to think that Missouri folks are decent. I'd rather work with someone from Missouri than someone from China. That said, Butterfly Labs, MinerSource and VMC all started in Missouri. So to be fair, the evidence would suggest we kinda suck. That's just the way it is.

Honestly, in the bitcoin economy you really can't say any group are noble. Very few here are truly altruistic and pretty much everyone's in it to profit one way or another. Just like with basically every other economy in the world.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Vavilov and BitFury are "westerners"? I guess I should take that cold war world map off my wall.

"Western," in this context, has nothing to do with Eastern vs. Western Europe, or Eastern Bloc vs. rest_of_world. Think Occident vs Orient.
So keep that old map.
That said, BitFury is unambiguously western.

BitFury is the fully integrated Bitcoin Blockchain security and infrastructure provider with offices in San Francisco and Amsterdam.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Anyway, I gave up on waiting for BitFury, not that I had high hopes to begin with. HODL for me, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
No, actually, he has a point. You just have to actually read it.

I read it and that´s the last I´ll read of this guy. Not very interested in clinically politically correct people at all. Have fun, bye.

Bye.
Pages:
Jump to: