Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 20. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Only when the authorities are watching.

sad but true! and some people think it's a good habit!  Roll Eyes

Alan Greenspan thought the banks/wallstreet would NEVER screw up  Roll Eyes

No. He didn't. He said and KNEW the very opposite of this before he sold his soul.

I'll just leave this here................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwpnH_OTZio&nohtml5=False
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

No. He didn't. He said and KNEW the very opposite of this before he sold his soul.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
He must not have been much of a student of history, because I'm pretty sure banks and Wall Street have screwed up pretty frequently, and disastrously, since their inception.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
So true.  And where else are you going to buy a miner ?  make it yourself ?  they are laughing.  The equation for the antminer price is :  highest possible price someone will pay to buy it.  simple as that.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

So true if the man or law lets them they don't give a rats ass who they hurt or screw over .
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
legendary
just a predication but could be we won't see 14/16 nm gear until halving on public sale because it's too profitable for them to mine for themselve before the date and afterwards they will release it to public overpriced.

1. mine privately with 14/16 nm until July 2016
2. sell overpriced 14/16 nm gear to public after July 2016
3. Huh
4. PROFIT!!

is the human nature just as this greedy scumbag, lord?

No, It's just the nature of a businessman. Profit is king and most corps could care less how they get there anymore.

you mean business has no ethic component? 
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
just a predication but could be we won't see 14/16 nm gear until halving on public sale because it's too profitable for them to mine for themselve before the date and afterwards they will release it to public overpriced.

3. Huh
4. PROFIT!!

No, It's just the nature of a businessman. Profit is king and most corps could care less how they get there anymore.
legendary

3. Huh
4. PROFIT!!

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Something is happening because we're seeing a steady rise in the difficulty again around 4-5%. I think Bitmain is shedding old stuff and replacing it with new that we just don't know about.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Given that Innosilicon has finally committed to dates on their A4 based gear, I'd say probably "June/July" since they were apparently working to the same timetable on the A3 and the A4.
Bitfury could still have something hit market by April, though.

Bitmain - no clue, but they're not selling "used" S7s yet so at least a month, probably at least 2 months for them. and more likely longer.

Avalon - VERY long time, they said when they released the A6 they weren't even working on the next gen yet. MANY months, more likely a year if they survive long enough.

SFARDS - *ROFLMAO* doubt they're even going to bother trying, given the huge fail of their SF100 thing.

BW.com - B11 in theory could be sold anytime, but I suspect it's too little too late given the Bitfury chip stuff and BW's own announcment of their next-gen chip (with an announced timeframe IIRC of ballpark mid-summer, but keep in mind the delays from their announced B11 original announced original delivery timeframe - I figure LATE summer more likely).

Who else is left?

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
well, I saw BW saying they had sold out all their 14nm miners to big clients (probably themselves lol).  So i'm guessing these are hashing right now or will be soon.  They also said they would not sell them to the public until June or later....so right before halving, so that they could milk the sweet btc as much as possible - then sell them to us and have us struggle to ROI on the equipment.  How does that fare for the S7 ?  I fear.  WINTER IS COMING.  (well summer, even worse)
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Or just a simple way to make us hesitate in buying the S7/A6 ;-)

Stopped me from buying several more miners. What's everyone's best guess on a competitor release date of a 16-14nm machine?
I've harped on this issue (availability time frame) since companies 1st started making noise about 16/14nm around the end of last year. It didn't stop me from getting more s7's to replace the few s5's I still have in my farm. What did stop me was Bitmains latest 1-fan batch...
Activity: 546
Merit: 253

Stopped me from buying several more miners. What's everyone's best guess on a competitor release date of a 16-14nm machine?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

This^. 🙄   
Worked rather well didn't it?  Im all about giving some one second chance but seems they screwed this up too.  May or may not be anything they could control but nonetheless silence only leads to speculation.  And that sure starts a slippery slope!  Have they learned nothing about announcing early or did they take one right out of the old play book??

Best regards
D57heinz

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
While I applaud Bitfury for not doing any pre-order stuff, it was never in their best interest to downplay how long it MIGHT actually take to deliver their chips. They certainly would have been happy to have some folks postpone an S7 or A6 purchase until they could get their parts out. They may well have "prematurely announced" what they had, all with mostly good intentions.

It's unfortunate if they got caught by TSMC fabrication problems.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
So, what's the current state of play then guys?
Bitfury have a small number of prototype chips which they may/may not have released to favored integrators and they may/may not be mining with?
TMSC have production problems due to earthquake/flood damage and are talking about up to 50 day delays?
If, without the delay, punin was confident enough to bet on April 1st for equipment to be in the wild, then is it now +~50 days, making late May?
Do I have this about right?
My majik 8-ball says yes.

And ja the way too early announcement by Punin probably was based on the announcements by TSMC in Nov last year about their 16nm fabs coming online for production (Apple, AMD & Cisco 1st in line) vs mainly just testing the tech.

At least the Public didn't get raped with pre-orders for rigs to-be-built using not-there-yet chips like AMT/Bitmine.ch, BFL, Hashfast, and others pulled when the 28nm ASIC's came out. A tip of the visor to BF for that.  This time the pain is all private between BitFury and its investors.
Pages:
Jump to: