Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 24. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Sorry if OT, but Googling "Buy BitFury 16nm miner" didn't get me anywhere.
1. What gear is/has been mass-produced using the 16nm BitFury chips?
2. Any guesstimates on % of (total current) hashrate these chips represents?
Sorry again if wrong thread & thanks in advance for any info/links.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I know if I was a policy maker for a multi-million-dollar enterprise, I'd certainly pay attention to someone incredibly rude, profane, and displaying the English and typing skills of a second-grader.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?
BITFURY

"WE WILL SELL DATACENTERS TO MLM PONZIS LIKE BITCLUB, BUT SORRY NO CHIPS FOR COMMUNITY, YOU GUYS AINT WORTH OUR TIME"

I WILL BE REPOSTING THIS, enough is enough, you guys let knc fuk you in the ass, well not me man screw bitfury. really tho,
damn i KNEW i should have gotten in on that i was calling this since the bet started...
no offense dude but you are so full of shit
butfury dosent give a fuk about us and never has
everyones just too busy on your dick to admit it

just fuk off already go back to your for -profit private mining ya disappointing asshat

(eh im just mad cause that bet was easy money and i missed out but my owrds are true)

BITFURY IZ FULL OF SHIT

He/Bitfury aren't full of shit. They are just doing whatever brings the most for their company. Full of shit is HashFash or cypherdoc who blatantly lied and took money for pre-orders that they never delivered. Bitfury just posted an announcement, but never took any money from us so we must give them credit for this. If they give a fuck about the forum who got them the start-up money, they don't, but life is never fair so we must move on. I bet that if you had more than 50M$ and a couple of 20-40MW datacenters you wouldn't give a fuck also about this forum so just chill Smiley

MEH i cant expect you are any others on their dicks to realize.   ever wonder why everyone scams you all so bad?
your all a buncha no spined pussies, thats why.
fuk bitfury

i personally WOULD care who gave me the startup money a.ka. who made me rich. but thats me, i have honor and a spine,
 unlike punin and you guys.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
damn i KNEW i should have gotten in on that i was calling this since the bet started...

just fuk off already go back to your for -profit private mining ya disappointing asshat

(eh im just mad cause that bet was easy money and i missed out but my owrds are true)

BITFURY IZ FULL OF SHIT

He/Bitfury aren't full of shit. They are just doing whatever brings the most for their company. Full of shit is HashFash or cypherdoc who blatantly lied and took money for pre-orders that they never delivered. Bitfury just posted an announcement, but never took any money from us so we must give them credit for this. If they give a fuck about the forum who got them the start-up money, they don't, but life is never fair so we must move on. I bet that if you had more than 50M$ and a couple of 20-40MW datacenters you wouldn't give a fuck also about this forum so just chill Smiley
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

That is correct. We have just a handful of chips right now and all are used for R&D and profiling including occasional rapid unscheduled disassembly as we look for the limits of the chip Wink . We are expecting the engineering lots in a few weeks time. Luckily our schedule was not affected by the recent Taiwan earthquake.

Our total hash power has increased due to our Gldani immersion cooling datacenter getting to full capacity.

So my information was correct 6 pages ago that you do not have a reference board built yet.   Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13810862

I would think not having the engineering samples "for a few weeks" that an end of March product release for home miners is an aggressive (and likely impossible) task.   Having said that, I think if you haven't ran a full batch of chips then you are expecting everything to go without a hitch with Batch 1 chips.  I think that is also a very ambitious expectation for a new 16nm chip.

I am going to go out on a limb and say end of April or beginning of May is a better bet.

Will you take 1 BTC bet? Smiley

Not sure what we are betting on but I will definitely take the bet-

So I will order 50Th-100Th the first day the miners are announced, if they arrive to me before April 1 I will pay you 1 BTC but if they do not then you send me 1 BTC.

How does that sound?

Deal!

Well.. I know for 100% now that I will lose this bet, so please post your BTC address Kilo17 so I can settle it. 

The 16nm chips are arrived to the integrators or they aren't yet? They are made or not aviable yet?

That is correct. We have just a handful of chips right now and all are used for R&D and profiling including occasional rapid unscheduled disassembly as we look for the limits of the chip Wink . We are expecting the engineering lots in a few weeks time. Luckily our schedule was not affected by the recent Taiwan earthquake.

Our total hash power has increased due to our Gldani immersion cooling datacenter getting to full capacity.

So my information was correct 6 pages ago that you do not have a reference board built yet.   Wink

I would think not having the engineering samples "for a few weeks" that an end of March product release for home miners is an aggressive (and likely impossible) task.   Having said that, I think if you haven't ran a full batch of chips then you are expecting everything to go without a hitch with Batch 1 chips.  I think that is also a very ambitious expectation for a new 16nm chip.

I am going to go out on a limb and say end of April or beginning of May is a better bet.

So I will order 50Th-100Th the first day the miners are announced, if they arrive to me before April 1 I will pay you 1 BTC but if they do not then you send me 1 BTC.

How does that sound?

Deal!

Well.. I know for 100% now that I will lose this bet, so please post your BTC address Kilo17 so I can settle it. 

BITFURY IZ FULL OF SHIT
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

Well.. I know for 100% now that I will lose this bet.

What bet do you think you'd win now, punin, the 1st of what month?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

How does that sound?

Deal!

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
You're saying that from a miner's perspective, not Bitmain's perspective though. Your finances and success are not their finances and success.

Then as a result, their success with this chip has come at the expense of their customers' losses (read: anyone who bought Batch 1-7).  Class acts indeed...

That is the exact formula for every Bitcoin miner manufacturer... ever.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I highly doubt Bitfury will disappear for anything like the reasons ASICMiner vanished.

Also, yeah dev chips would be super. Or even just some documentation.
Bitfury has existed for quite a while now, going from ~100nm chips to now apparently 14-16nm. ASICMiner was a shaky thing to begin with, and as of now Bitfury is a serious possible competitior to a company like Bitmain. It's just so odd how there is nearly no data on these chips and no documentation. They might have even never been made.

we saw them demoed on the youtube videos.  I would like to think they were real.

so by never been made I would guess you mean never made in bulk.
yup, and def not sold, otherwise we'd be seeing a spike in hashrate and difficulty skyrocketing to infinity (of course the recent spikes could be these chips being turned off and on but I don't think that's it). These things will happen not now, but when the chips are actively sold and distributed. For now we mine and hope that these new chips will save us..

Something does seem amiss that we haven't seen the hash pop up for these. As far hoping... I'm not making a move until after the halving at this point. I mean what's the point if you have to pay for electricity?

The game has moved to low power cost is king.  And effiencent gear is prince.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I highly doubt Bitfury will disappear for anything like the reasons ASICMiner vanished.

Bitfury has existed for quite a while now, going from ~100nm chips to now apparently 14-16nm. ASICMiner was a shaky thing to begin with, and as of now Bitfury is a serious possible competitior to a company like Bitmain. It's just so odd how there is nearly no data on these chips and no documentation. They might have even never been made.

we saw them demoed on the youtube videos.  I would like to think they were real.

yup, and def not sold, otherwise we'd be seeing a spike in hashrate and difficulty skyrocketing to infinity (of course the recent spikes could be these chips being turned off and on but I don't think that's it). These things will happen not now, but when the chips are actively sold and distributed. For now we mine and hope that these new chips will save us..

Something does seem amiss that we haven't seen the hash pop up for these. As far hoping... I'm not making a move until after the halving at this point. I mean what's the point if you have to pay for electricity?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

legendary

we saw them demoed on the youtube videos.  I would like to think they were real.

i still stand by believing till i see otherwise they will do the same thing they always have last 2+ years
(since their hardware initial sales gave them capital needed those years ago)

tell news btc places they support decentralization
then make their new chips
but come to the realization
"holy shit, we can't sell these for a bit, their TOO GOOD"
lets face it at the end of the day every single chip they sell works against them in overall hashrate of network
and they know that
so they will do it again. tell us their coming
but not be able to pull the trigger for smaller guys and batches of chips, as per usual
their just TOO GOOD ;\  their new chips, as always...
this is just imo... but they keep doing it....
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
leave they alone with their inner circles. they have their agenda.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy

legendary
Is this a Bitmain thread :p ...so back on topic...wth is going on with Bitfury? They have added zero hash, and this chip is nowhere to be seen...which makes me think they are having major issues with the production version of the chip/immersion board.

yes good point.  the demos were nice chips then zip nada nothing.

friedcat of asciminer had a good chip demo then poof nothing.

i do hope bitfury comes up with a chip for us to use. send out some development chips
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Is this a Bitmain thread :p ...so back on topic...wth is going on with Bitfury? They have added zero hash, and this chip is nowhere to be seen...which makes me think they are having major issues with the production version of the chip/immersion board.
Pages:
Jump to: