Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 40. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I don't understand what info you're basing your opinionated statements on. We have seen great interest from integrators to our 16nm chip and are confident mining devices based on our chip will be available to public very soon. Possibly as early as end of march.

Good stuff, where will these "official" Bitfury integrators be posted?

On our website www.bitfury.com
Activity: 516
Another good hope is a group gets together, works out a large chip order and gets a board designed around 'em that can be manufactured as soon as chips arrive.

Not gonna happen.
Imagine a large group of greedy people funding such a venture. Something goes wrong, and just delays everything by a month or two (easily done with board manufacturers or just suppliers of electronics (parts, power supplies, etc ... you name it). Hell on earth is gone break loose for the guys who are in charge of the work. It will fail miserably and people will loose a significant part of their investment. The only winners are the suppliers (bitfury, manufacturers and part suppliers) .. The biggest losers the guys who did the work for free for the rest of the "investors" ... A story seen very often here in bitcointalk ...

Unless you have everything ready to go already ... boards lying on your table, only missing the bitfury chips ... and even then, if bitfury does not deliver as promised it goes ugly really fast ... Think of the bitmine.ch guys ... they were in that position in 2013.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
People are talking. There's been a thread in Group Buys for a week and some asking if there's interest. Folks need to go tell 'em there's interest and maybe someone will start moving.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Another good hope is a group gets together, works out a large chip order and gets a board designed around 'em that can be manufactured as soon as chips arrive.

I would fully support your efforts in funding such a venture if you were to build a bitfury miner sidehack  Grin

That would be a heck of a deal if you could get one going.  Would love to have a full size GekkoScience miner from sidehack powered by these new chips.

Would be great if funding got behind him, and gave possibility for regular people to buy miners.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

I would fully support your efforts in funding such a venture if you were to build a bitfury miner sidehack  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
and at least BitFury or their integrators haven't taken the pre-order and give us oodles of cash for our fabulous miners NOW! route with the general public. At least none that I know of...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
And I will be more than happy if you were in this group  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
legendary
Activity: 1456
With another 20% increase in difficulty expected will the new miners be outdated before they even come to market for the home miners?

Not these miners at .06 or so they have a LOT of wiggle room.  Considering current is .30 or so we are talking big efficiency jump.  So we will see what will happen.

And if anyone even sells these to home miner is another thing.  We don't know about re sellers, and a re seller would need to spend a lot to buy from Bitfury.  I think our best hope is a huge mine buys a ton and sells some for a instant profit to customers.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
With another 20% increase in difficulty expected will the new miners be outdated before they even come to market for the home miners?
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
I don't understand what info you're basing your opinionated statements on. We have seen great interest from integrators to our 16nm chip and are confident mining devices based on our chip will be available to public very soon. Possibly as early as end of march.

They are still building relationships now, I suspect you will see real movement in the coming weeks from some integrators..
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Personally I don't believe that we will see any of the miners on sell for the open market. Anyone with a half of brain will simply buy the chips and mine for themselves. Their latest announcement is pure PR bullshit and lies, but we will not see them in the wild as it should happen. Thanks Bitfury for the constant stream of lies! Whatever brings the money, right?

Meh "Whatever brings the money" is right - and that goes for all ASIC manufacturers!  I'm not sure why everyone is bitchy about BitFury's stance on this, even BitMain proved with the S7 its all about the money!  I don't think we need another "S7 launch"-priced ASIC.  Ripoff the customers by severely overpricing in the beginning, then drop the price like a rock to move even more volume when you cause difficulty to skyrocket.

Really its been this way since Avalon launched the first ASIC.  Even with jumping through all the manufacturer/group buy hoops to obtain ASICs at the lowest possible price for the BCT forum members, actually obtaining ROI on an ASIC is a crapshoot even when you do the homework!  What is this, fool me 37 times?  You pretty much need to be in bed with the ASIC supplier to have any real chance!
Activity: 725
Merit: 503

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
In the same way that people try and assess failure rates via a forum, no. Bitfury, the $X00,000,000 multinational corporation has nothing to prove to you.

Not to me, but to everyone else that read their announcement.

I don't have any info. It's just my educated guess. I can't wait to be wrong!
Activity: 560
Whatever brings the money, right?

Holy shit can you stop shilling already. Its very clear from 3rd party reports that they are selling to the [rich] public and we will see 16nm based devices in the wild.

Let's agree on a number of devices to be available to the open market in order to define "in the wild". I think that if we see less than 1k devices we can't call them "in the wild". Agree on this number?

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Holy shit can you stop shilling already. Its very clear from 3rd party reports that they are selling to the [rich] public and we will see 16nm based devices in the wild.

Let's agree on a number of devices to be available to the open market in order to define "in the wild". I think that if we see less than 1k devices we can't call them "in the wild". Agree on this number?

In the same way that people try and assess failure rates via a forum, no. Bitfury, the $X00,000,000 multinational corporation has nothing to prove to you.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
So we have the specifications ? That's true that 2 Th/s for a 220W consumption is really really interesting. If I buy or not will depend on the price.

Personally I don't believe that we will see any of the miners on sell for the open market. Anyone with a half of brain will simply buy the chips and mine for themselves. Their latest announcement is pure PR bullshit and lies, but we will not see them in the wild as it should happen. Thanks Bitfury for the constant stream of lies! Whatever brings the money, right?

please be so fair and quote all.

yes, but then they are overpriced. count one and one together and you will understand how the future will look like. every link in the chain will add a margin for themselves.

this is how the old world works but Bitcoin (or people behind) claimed in the beginning they will change the world. NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT ALL!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

legendary
So we have the specifications ? That's true that 2 Th/s for a 220W consumption is really really interesting. If I buy or not will depend on the price.

Pages:
Jump to: