Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 38. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hi punin, thanks for your engagement here.

Just to be totally clear, you are saying that, at this point in time, there are no machines anywhere hashing with your new chip?

I can't help noticing that your share of total hash power increased sharply recently too.

That is correct. We have just a handful of chips right now and all are used for R&D and profiling including occasional rapid unscheduled disassembly as we look for the limits of the chip Wink . We are expecting the engineering lots in a few weeks time. Luckily our schedule was not affected by the recent Taiwan earthquake.

Our total hash power has increased due to our Gldani immersion cooling datacenter getting to full capacity.

So my information was correct 6 pages ago that you do not have a reference board built yet.   Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13810862

I would think not having the engineering samples "for a few weeks" that an end of March product release for home miners is an aggressive (and likely impossible) task.   Having said that, I think if you haven't ran a full batch of chips then you are expecting everything to go without a hitch with Batch 1 chips.  I think that is also a very ambitious expectation for a new 16nm chip.

I am going to go out on a limb and say end of April or beginning of May is a better bet.

Will you take 1 BTC bet? Smiley

Not sure what we are betting on but I will definitely take the bet-

So I will order 50Th-100Th the first day the miners are announced, if they arrive to me before April 1 I will pay you 1 BTC but if they do not then you send me 1 BTC.

How does that sound?

I would also make this bet. Either way I win.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

So I will order 50Th-100Th the first day the miners are announced, if they arrive to me before April 1 I will pay you 1 BTC but if they do not then you send me 1 BTC.

How does that sound?

Don't forget to add, "In good working order and according to specifications."
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"

Just to be totally clear, you are saying that, at this point in time, there are no machines anywhere hashing with your new chip?

I can't help noticing that your share of total hash power increased sharply recently too.

That is correct. We have just a handful of chips right now and all are used for R&D and profiling including occasional rapid unscheduled disassembly as we look for the limits of the chip Wink . We are expecting the engineering lots in a few weeks time. Luckily our schedule was not affected by the recent Taiwan earthquake.

Our total hash power has increased due to our Gldani immersion cooling datacenter getting to full capacity.

So my information was correct 6 pages ago that you do not have a reference board built yet.   Wink

I would think not having the engineering samples "for a few weeks" that an end of March product release for home miners is an aggressive (and likely impossible) task.   Having said that, I think if you haven't ran a full batch of chips then you are expecting everything to go without a hitch with Batch 1 chips.  I think that is also a very ambitious expectation for a new 16nm chip.

I am going to go out on a limb and say end of April or beginning of May is a better bet.

How does that sound?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Actually you're wrong. The 28nm chip has VCC, GND and two I/O pins as you can clearly see from images like the 1block_short.jpg for example. The 250nm is another story. It's a comm chip with 3 dedicated lines for each 28nm chip, reference voltage, clock and data + bunch of other stuff. Calling bullshit when you didn't even comprehend the question that I answered is a bit harsh.
Yeah, keep misdirecting the answers and pretend that you don't understand them or that readers misunderstood you. At your level in the company hierarchy this gives more information to the potential buyers or partners than an audited accounts statement would give.

It would be the most delicious irony if in the end we (readers) could figure out that Head of Development actually can't give an answer without consulting some subordinate.

We'll live, we'll read what you post, we'll see. You are on a notice.

I'm so glad that I'm not financially associated with any of the Bitcoin operators and don't have to be afraid to ask the impolite questions.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
at least pin out ?
Did you look at the schematics we just posted? 2 pins for data (SCK&SDATA) and all the rest for power.
Actually that is bullshit. Bitfury_POWER has around 40 pins, most of them non-obvious.

Will you actually dare to disclose what the PARITY pin does and what is the function of the two associated LEDs?

Actually you're wrong. The 28nm chip has VCC, GND and two I/O pins as you can clearly see from images like the 1block_short.jpg for example. The 250nm is another story. It's a comm chip with 3 dedicated lines for each 28nm chip, reference voltage, clock and data + bunch of other stuff. Calling bullshit when you didn't even comprehend the question that I answered is a bit harsh.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Yea they either use 7000 or 7100. Depending on what temps they want to run the chips at.

Here is my "testing" immersion tank running 7100  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-BaH8_SAk
Awesome setup!
Ja. Looks like fun for testing. My only concern for long term use is the bearings in the fan. 'Prolly dunna like running in what is essentially a vapor degreaser Wink I assume that was to keep tank pressure at a minimum by pushing as much vapor as possible through the small radiator in it.

I take it that's why the data centers setup looks to just use the natural and I dare say rather violent vapor flow in the system for circulation along with heap big vapor-to-water heat exchangers in the tanks. Nice. No moving parts in the data tanks.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
at least pin out ?
Did you look at the schematics we just posted? 2 pins for data (SCK&SDATA) and all the rest for power.
Actually that is bullshit. Bitfury_POWER has around 40 pins, most of them non-obvious.

Will you actually dare to disclose what the PARITY pin does and what is the function of the two associated LEDs?
at least pin out ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
at least pin out ?
any info on 28 nm chip that is used in this design
It's our 28nm, but as we didn't sell any out we don't even have a data sheet Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
any info on 28 nm chip that is used in this design

OR it is all a load of crap and nothing can really be trusted. I think everyone knows by now that it is quite a rare thing to have anyone give the information straight, without a twist or flat out lie to help further their own agenda.

You might want to check out our 28nm designs that we just released under CC-BY-SA license.

Yea they either use 7000 or 7100. Depending on what temps they want to run the chips at.

Here is my "testing" immersion tank running 7100  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-BaH8_SAk
Awesome setup!

Thank you for being active in the community punin, it's appreciated.

I got a small question to ask, are you using Novec 7000 fluid in your immersion tanks?
If yes, then awesome.
If-else, then what? Cheesy

Thanks again.

Yeah it's Novec 7xxx.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

OR it is all a load of crap and nothing can really be trusted. I think everyone knows by now that it is quite a rare thing to have anyone give the information straight, without a twist or flat out lie to help further their own agenda.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

Here is my "testing" immersion tank running 7100  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-BaH8_SAk

! Thats exactly what I want to make!  But.. 3M won't sell me the fluid! Can you hook me up with Novec 7000? Cheesy

How are your temps with the 7100? It boils at 61C, so I guess they are high? Tongue
Wouldn't 7000 be better for high powered ASIC chips, as it boils around 32-34C, if I remember correctly?
Won't sell you any? Then I assume you are not a registered company. Most industrial use fluids/chemicals/etc. will not be sold to the general public unless the manufacturer specifically allows it. Stuff like this is not only expensive but in many ways a hazardous substance so they need some assurance that if something happens they are not the 1st target in a cleanup cost liability suit.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Let's say you are using Novec 7000, and have a total power outage... in summer... at noon.... what happens?

I guess they are using something that boils a little higher, afaik 3M can also manufacture the boiling point to your needs. Magnificent stuff.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

Here is my "testing" immersion tank running 7100  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-BaH8_SAk

! Thats exactly what I want to make!  But.. 3M won't sell me the fluid! Can you hook me up with Novec 7000? Cheesy

How are your temps with the 7100? It boils at 61C, so I guess they are high? Tongue
Wouldn't 7000 be better for high powered ASIC chips, as it boils around 32-34C, if I remember correctly?
Pages:
Jump to: