Pages:
Author

Topic: bitgrail - treating their users like shit - page 3. (Read 3903 times)

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
February 19, 2018, 02:35:00 PM
Hah thats funny, I for some stupid reason thought Bitgrail would be responsible for the money I put there.
There goes 90% of my crypto money. =/
and yep the million useless typical responses of you should of.  Thanks in advance, no need to post em.

NEVER keep your "investment" coins on an exchange. Only keep what you trade. I also used Bitgrail for buying XRB because it was the only properly-functioning exchange supporting XRB at that moment. But I immediately transferred the coins to my wallet because I wasn't planning to sell them soon.

I have seen people getting burned in MtGox, Cryptsy, Mintpal & now Bitgrail; and I never trust any centralized exchange with the coins I can't afford to lose.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
Hah thats funny, I for some stupid reason thought Bitgrail would be responsible for the money I put there.
and yep the million useless typical responses of you should of.  Thanks in advance, no need to post em.

And why would you put money in there? 90% of all the people in here, even all those newbies who are always posting the same shit knows that bitgrail is a giant shit who is scamming everyone.

Then how can we identify whether the specified exchange is the scam or not, no one will think like that because Nano is actively traded there, where it is generating huge volume how can we easily guess exchange will be hacked. Sometimes it is really frustrating to keep our coins in the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
February 18, 2018, 07:42:25 PM
And why would you put money in there? 90% of all the people in here, even all those newbies who are always posting the same shit knows that bitgrail is a giant shit who is scamming everyone.
At the time people thought BitGrail was a reasonable exchange. If you wanted to buy Raiblocks/Nano, BitGrail was the place. The XRB team even promoted and recommended BitGrail as the best place to buy XRB.

The other issue is that people were trying to take their money from BitGrail for weeks. Their withdrawal system only worked a few days each month. So even if you didn't want to keep your coins there, you didn't have any choice.
Activity: 766
Merit: 509
February 18, 2018, 07:34:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
February 18, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

been there. i got crushed by bitfinex in 2016 and btc-e in 2017. i had to rebuild from nearly nothing last year. it took a lot for me to learn that it's worth missing trading opportunities to have your coins off-exchange. it sucks but you'll bounce back. just don't make the same mistake twice like i did.

What is the solution to these exchanges getting hacked again and again?

decentralized exchanges where you don't keep coins in their custody. otherwise, just learn to hold through the dips if you're bullish longer term. they'll keep getting hacked and exit scamming. the target on their backs grows bigger everyday. in this case, it looks more like a fractional reserve gone bad.

it sounds like bitgrail was only using client-side javascript as a check for withdrawals, so people were able to double-withdraw and steal funds. i'm guessing a few big fish loaded XRB into their accounts and then cleaned out their reserves. i heard similar glitch reports about mt gox long before they went down in 2014.

Whose fault was this? Bitgrail or the Nano team?

bitgrail. they coded the wallet infrastructure incompetently, allowing people to withdraw funds they didn't own. the nano devs couldn't roll back the transactions if they wanted to. and it sounds like bitgrail has been insolvent for a while. they were just covering it up.
Activity: 9
February 18, 2018, 05:29:43 PM
legendary
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
February 17, 2018, 03:43:02 PM

How can we avoid these exchanges which can get hacked?

Like sgk said, the only way to avoid a centralized middleman is to use DEX
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 17, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

-snip-

Ahmm...  decentralised exchanges... something something ...ahmmm
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 17, 2018, 10:14:37 AM

legendary
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
February 17, 2018, 08:33:20 AM
It looks like they are completely insolvent, so the only recourse is maybe getting the regulators involved to freeze assets so whatever remains can be redistributed.

There is a huge thread on reddit about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7wh2a1/bitgrail_got_hacked_and_is_insolvent/

Looks like loads of people got burnt.
XRB devs are big time scammers.
They wont rollback a decentralized coin.

Shame on you. SHAME ON YOU.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
February 16, 2018, 11:05:11 PM
is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

According to best practice of this market absolutely no chance.

So far so ... good bad.
Both side didn't agree on a thing since this hacking began. Nobody knew how did it end up like this. Well, what I'm sure of is it's either ShapiroFraud or FiranoFraud.
From the "Colin LeMahieu sleeping" up to the bitgrail hacking, Nano (XRB) sure do have a rough path.

NEM hacking < XRB hacking
Activity: 2968
Merit: 687
February 16, 2018, 11:47:30 AM
Update from bitgrail regarding the missing funds: https://bitgrail.com/news (It's not in english so you have to rely on google translate  Undecided)

It seems like bitgrail is uselessly trying to turn the tables by accusing the nano team instead  Roll Eyes

Also, Here's an excerpt from the interview conducted by cointelegraph:

CT: Do you expect to find a refund solution for the customers, even if the Nano team decides not to cooperate?

FF: No, it's impossible to refund the stolen amount.

Condolences!!
Basing on those words then users who do lose up money would be ready on the possible thing might happen ahead which they do already tell about on their decision on refund matter which isnt possible. Its not surprising yet they are already turning the blame into nano-team itself which we can really assume that they dont have any intentions specially on refunding matters.
Activity: 34
February 16, 2018, 09:08:47 AM
is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

According to best practice of this market absolutely no chance.
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 04:16:18 AM
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 14, 2018, 10:27:13 AM
Have people read this owner of bitgrails signature on his profile?  IT says:

"You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.
O muori da programmatore, o vivi tanto a lungo da diventare uno scammer."

Haha....   guess he left the bread crumbs everywhere, we were just blind enough to see it  Grin
Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
February 14, 2018, 10:10:34 AM
Update from bitgrail regarding the missing funds: https://bitgrail.com/news (It's not in english so you have to rely on google translate  Undecided)

It seems like bitgrail is uselessly trying to turn the tables by accusing the nano team instead  Roll Eyes

Also, Here's an excerpt from the interview conducted by cointelegraph:

CT: Do you expect to find a refund solution for the customers, even if the Nano team decides not to cooperate?

FF: No, it's impossible to refund the stolen amount.

Condolences!!
Activity: 17
February 14, 2018, 07:22:27 AM
Have people read this owner of bitgrails signature on his profile?  IT says:

"You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.
O muori da programmatore, o vivi tanto a lungo da diventare uno scammer."
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 13, 2018, 11:59:01 PM

LOL, see the irony: his last post on the forum was this one:

P.S.: "BigRail"  <--- that made me chuckle!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049
February 13, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
What an absolute cunt. If you check the chat logs between Bomber and the Nano team, the guy's inability to take responsibility nor to see 2 feet in logic becomes apparent. He tries to get the devs to either fork or pull the nano and cover his sorry ass for him, and ultimately tries to threaten them:

Due to an xrb bug that caused the node to crash,  the attackers forced the system to get double payments for which we have no trace of time due to another bug in xrb offcial explorer.We will say that the devs refuse to cooperate despite the proposed solutions.

"Proposed solutions", neither of which are feasible.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
February 13, 2018, 06:58:52 PM
I've checked my wallet on the exchange and all my XRBs are there.
Is that means my wallet is not hacked and i got a chance to withdraw later?
Those are just numbers in a database. IIRC, Raiblocks has less than 4m XRB/Nano in their wallet and they owe their users ~17m. I heard some people saying that MAYBE everyone should receive 20% to 25% of the owned coins back. But it's only a possibility and the risk of not getting anything is high.
Pages:
Jump to: