Pages:
Author

Topic: bitgrail - treating their users like shit - page 4. (Read 3903 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 05:48:10 PM
I've checked my wallet on the exchange and all my XRBs are there.
Is that means my wallet is not hacked and i got a chance to withdraw later?
Activity: 8
February 13, 2018, 11:14:45 AM
Withdrawal fees will propably pay for their losses.

I only have 113 COSS = 68USDT in the account and when trying to withdraw they it says 'Flat fee: - 65 !!!!!!

Thats more than half!!!!

THIEVES
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 10:08:58 AM
Just heard about that hack.
17m XRBs? Come on.. And they are blaming the coin now? I guess operating an exchange isn't for them.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 10, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
It looks like they are completely insolvent, so the only recourse is maybe getting the regulators involved to freeze assets so whatever remains can be redistributed.

There is a huge thread on reddit about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7wh2a1/bitgrail_got_hacked_and_is_insolvent/

Looks like loads of people got burnt.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
February 10, 2018, 09:13:27 AM
Wtf! A friend of mine just lost worth $10,000 at Bitgrail. It was getting popular because of XRB I guess but because I am busy lately I avoided the same scenario. Just now I am looking for reviews here and all are negative regarding this exchange. I feel sad on the victims.
Activity: 25
February 10, 2018, 08:07:03 AM
It's so obvious... He was "borrowing" peoples xrbs on his site taking them to another exchange and using the funds to make money via trading but got caught in the crash. He was trying to delay until the market was starting to going up but didn't make it because the community exposed him... He's just a fool. Young greedy person. We can all learn a lesson from his stupidity.
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 06:26:59 AM
I'm gonna call it, they stole it, they weren't hacked.

I got very bad vibes from these people during any interactions. They are very rude and had no respect for their customers or Nano, exactly the type of people who would help themselves to other people's money.

after the XRB snafu in january, i was already half expecting an exit scam. adding mandatory KYC (to withdraw anything) with no notice a couple weeks ago smelled fishy as hell too. i wish i could say i'm surprised. i missed out on a lot of XRB action because i was unwilling to touch bitgrail or mercatox. they are both incompetent at best, scammers at worst.

Bitgrail owner's signature on bitcointalk:

You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.

interesting... Shocked

Yes, it was fishy.

In retrospect it looks like this was a delaying tactic to stop people learning there wasn't enough XRB left on the exchange to cover withdrawals.

By making it as difficult as possible for people to access their funds they could keep it going a while longer. They didn't give a shit about KYC, it was just a plausible excuse.
legendary
Merit: 1483
February 10, 2018, 06:09:20 AM

I got very bad vibes from these people during any interactions. They are very rude and had no respect for their customers or Nano, exactly the type of people who would help themselves to other people's money.

after the XRB snafu in january, i was already half expecting an exit scam. adding mandatory KYC (to withdraw anything) with no notice a couple weeks ago smelled fishy as hell too. i wish i could say i'm surprised. i missed out on a lot of XRB action because i was unwilling to touch bitgrail or mercatox. they are both incompetent at best, scammers at worst.

You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.

interesting... Shocked

February 10, 2018, 03:26:21 AM

I hope the funds can be seized on Mercatox and returned.
Activity: 3
February 10, 2018, 02:01:17 AM
Well, when i saw this post i believed totally in Mexicantarget, because 1) He has a good reputation, runs wonderfull sites, treats his customers great. and 2) i had problems when trying to communicate with Bitgrail´s admins. They mistreted me, as mistreted many customers.

Now the truth is heavy, The Bomber and his crew "lost" 17M Nano... so, they are not just arrogant people, they are, either way, scammers or useless incompetent guys that lost a lot of peoples money.

I reallly hope they pay for this, in any form.

Activity: 59
February 09, 2018, 09:18:23 PM
It seems that the mexicantarget was right after all, the robbery was done and now nothing can be done. sit and cry those who left their XRB backgrounds on BitGrail, or rather, put those bastards in jail.
Activity: 113
February 09, 2018, 08:37:09 PM
 Cry  I have lost so much in bitgrail.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
February 09, 2018, 08:27:42 PM
Bitgrail scammer confirmed.

From Nano team:

Official Statement Regarding BitGrail Insolvency
On February 8th, 2018, the Nano Core team was informed by Francesco “The Bomber” Firano — owner and operator of the BitGrail exchange — of a loss from the BitGrail wallet. Our team promptly contacted law enforcement and we are fully cooperating with law enforcement on this matter.

From our own preliminary investigation, no double spending was detected on the ledger and we have no reason to believe the loss was due to an issue in the Nano protocol. The problems appear to be related to BitGrail’s software.

We had no knowledge of BitGrail’s insolvency prior to February 8th.

In our conversation yesterday (which you can find attached here, this link has been edited to redact a private email.), Firano informed us of missing funds from BitGrail’s wallet. An option suggested by Firano was to modify the ledger in order to cover his losses — which is not possible, nor is it a direction we would ever pursue.

BitGrail is an independent business and Nano is not responsible for the way Firano or BitGrail conduct their business. We have no visibility into the BitGrail organization, nor do we have control over how they operate.

We now have sufficient reason to believe that Firano has been misleading the Nano Core Team and the community regarding the solvency of the BitGrail exchange for a significant period of time.

We will not be responding to individual posts or accusations by Firano regarding this situation. We are preparing all information we have on the matter such as blockchain entries, screenshots, and chat logs and presenting them to law enforcement.

Please refer to our Twitter account @nanocurrency for future links to official statements.

https://medium.com/@nanocurrency/official-statement-regrading-bitgrail-insolvency-ed4422bf274b

This is the owner of Bitgrail https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/thebomber999-330503
legendary
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
February 09, 2018, 08:05:35 PM
This is the end for bitgrail.

02 / 09 / 2018 21:30 UTC
Important notice
Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.

We do offer our full and sincerest apologies to our customers and to whom has been involved into the illegal transfers of Nano occurred on our platform.

Other announcements will be released shortly.

Thank you for your attention.

Activity: 178
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 05:02:20 AM
First: I'm the owner of BitGrail.

Second: Anthony is Chat admin and help many users via tickets and in trollbox.

Stupid question like "is bitgrail scam" in bitgrial trollbox will cause ban.

Nothing to add. Smiley

Hello, I have a question and I would not bug you with it since you are the owner but your support is not answering me. I have submitted all of the needed documents in order to fully verify my account so I can actually withdraw some coins. I have opened a ticket but your support did not answer it. Can you help me please to speed up this process a little bit because I kind of want to make some trades.

Appreciate it, cheers
Activity: 2
February 06, 2018, 02:34:46 PM
Francesco Firano and his partner Andrea Davoli (owner of Bitgrail company) both of Florence, Italy have frozen my Bitgrail account (cannot make any withdrawn) with the excuse of their "Account Verification".
I sent all the required documents but had no answer since long time.
In case of not receiving any reply within 24 hours I will place my legal complaint to Italian Police so to proceed with a legal investigation and the seize of Bitgrail company

Italian traslate:
Francesco Firano e il suo socio Andrea Davoli entrambi di Firenze da diverse settimane hanno congelato anche il mio account con la scusa dell'Account Verification.

Da tempo mandai tutti i documenti richiesti ma da loro non c'è stata nessuna risposta.

Nel caso non avessi risposta entro 24 ore presenterò una denuncia ai carabinieri di Firenze affinché possano procedere con le indagini del caso e con il sequestro dell'attività Bitgrail.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
February 02, 2018, 04:30:39 PM
That's horrible!!! I wanted to get my XRB out with bitgrail, but it turned out that my country (Ukraine) is not available for verification! It's just some kind of fraud !! And what should I do now? Nobody warned me about anything when I started my bitcoins on this exchange! Urgently give me all my money !!
If your country isn't present, just don't select anything.

From BitGrail's CEO:
About the "Country select"
Have you seen that it is not a mandatory field?
If your country is not present, do not select it, simple.
https://twitter.com/bomberfrancy/status/958998057668038662
February 02, 2018, 11:33:08 AM
Now the owner of the exchange is making veiled threats to his own customers daring them to reveal their identity by getting verified.  Grin

Lel, glad I didn't keep my XRB in this shithole joke of an exchange.
Activity: 215
February 01, 2018, 07:32:16 AM
That's horrible!!! I wanted to get my XRB out with bitgrail, but it turned out that my country (Ukraine) is not available for verification! It's just some kind of fraud !! And what should I do now? Nobody warned me about anything when I started my bitcoins on this exchange! Urgently give me all my money !!
Pages:
Jump to: