Pages:
Author

Topic: bitgrail - treating their users like shit - page 2. (Read 3903 times)

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
BitGRAVE
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 04:01:27 AM
XRB devs are big time scammers.
They wont rollback a decentralized coin.
why would they have to do rollback? and I'm not sure a DAG (block lattice) based coin works the same way like blockchain based coin
and it's not a devs' fault, it was purely bitgrail fault for inadequately in running an exchange
if they do rollback, it won't be a decentralized coin anymore and devs will be called choosing sides

Irony is not your strongest point.
Activity: 11
February 26, 2018, 08:55:44 PM
Why should Nano pay because Bomber has stolen all currency on Bitgrail? It is impossible to code a backdoor in a cryptocurrency that opens an exchange for access from outside. So it is very clear that it is an insider job. And from Bombers postings it is for me clear who did it. It seems there are someone removing his lies.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
February 26, 2018, 06:16:55 PM
XRB devs are big time scammers.
They wont rollback a decentralized coin.
why would they have to do rollback? and I'm not sure a DAG (block lattice) based coin works the same way like blockchain based coin
and it's not a devs' fault, it was purely bitgrail fault for inadequately in running an exchange
if they do rollback, it won't be a decentralized coin anymore and devs will be called choosing sides
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 05:50:12 PM
Fucking shit!  My coins are gone an now this thing pumps!!!  WTF?HuhHuhHuh  Kill kill kill kill the thief!!

Please everybody, let's try to make an organized effort to approach this. Please contact me or respond to my earlier thread if you are interested in pursuing legal action.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
February 24, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
Fucking shit!  My coins are gone an now this thing pumps!!!  WTF?HuhHuhHuh  Kill kill kill kill the thief!!
February 23, 2018, 08:49:42 AM
I heard about them revealing about the hack and stolen XRB from their hot wallet.
Just sad.

But whats makes them not just dump this exchange and just start a new one to do this all over again with a new coin?

Most likely they wouldn't, after getting burned with 'Bigrail' lol.
Also the local law may prevent the exchange owner from starting any new business since the case has been reported to authorities and the exchange has filed for bankruptcy.

We do not have proof that this has been reported to the authorities do we?
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
February 23, 2018, 02:22:39 AM
I heard about them revealing about the hack and stolen XRB from their hot wallet.
Just sad.

But whats makes them not just dump this exchange and just start a new one to do this all over again with a new coin?

Most likely they wouldn't, after getting burned with 'Bigrail' lol.
Also the local law may prevent the exchange owner from starting any new business since the case has been reported to authorities and the exchange has filed for bankruptcy.
Activity: 274
Merit: 133
February 22, 2018, 09:01:48 PM
Just sad.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
February 22, 2018, 08:57:31 PM
is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

Nobody has no solution for your answer but the thing is big no, after their announcement till now they didn't mention anything about whether they recover the fund or not. I think it is not possible to recover funds after the huge hack, but we can track where they are sending the fund.

It's all gone. Bitgrail can't do a refund based on the fact that it's an astounding $150 million.
Firano already admitted it on cointelegraph , if you haven't read it yet.  On the other side, Nano still doesn't want to modify the ledger to bring back the stolen xrb. So that's all, the end.

Take note - Most of all the hacked exchanges doesn't refund their customers. It's a miracle if they do.

Just Modify the ledger ... so all the stolen Nano that was sold on other exchanges are just given back to Mr Bomber  Users on Legit exchanges that bought NANO with their BTC and have it in their own wallets or on the exchanges would just lose everything thats very nice ..
You will personally replace their losses ?

Are you referring to me in replacing the hacked funds? lol
I'm just stating the reality that there's no probable chances for a refund. It's already been 10 days since bitgrail announced the news and there's no glimpse of any settlement.

Nano continues with the development as if nothing happened. So probably, they still keep their stance on not rewarding bitgrail the lost funds by modifying the ledger. (which could be the only way to resolve this issue)
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
February 22, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
tl;dr version of what's been happening in the last week?

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
February 22, 2018, 02:29:20 PM
is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

Nobody has no solution for your answer but the thing is big no, after their announcement till now they didn't mention anything about whether they recover the fund or not. I think it is not possible to recover funds after the huge hack, but we can track where they are sending the fund.

It's all gone. Bitgrail can't do a refund based on the fact that it's an astounding $150 million.
Firano already admitted it on cointelegraph , if you haven't read it yet.  On the other side, Nano still doesn't want to modify the ledger to bring back the stolen xrb. So that's all, the end.

Take note - Most of all the hacked exchanges doesn't refund their customers. It's a miracle if they do.

Just Modify the ledger ... so all the stolen Nano that was sold on other exchanges are just given back to Mr Bomber  Users on Legit exchanges that bought NANO with their BTC and have it in their own wallets or on the exchanges would just lose everything thats very nice ..
You will personally replace their losses ?

Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
February 22, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

Just to look back into what happen into btc-e i dont know if user or traders did really make their refund or have given back into their coin holdings.It might be a different scenario compared to this which the entire exchange been hacked unlike now only on Nano hacking incident which i dont even see a reason why would an exchange would refund to the lost of funds. No matter whos fault but taking back those amounts is already an impossible thing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
February 22, 2018, 06:05:55 AM
...  On the other side, Nano still doesn't want to modify the ledger to bring back the stolen xrb. So that's all, the end.

I completely agree with the decision of the Nano team. You can´t seriously expect that we will see
a rollback of the respective blockchain everytime that an exchange gets hacked.

This would undermine all trust in the currencies that do this on their ledger and destroy one
of the main features of a blockchain (immutability).

Besides, this could open up a scam opportunity where an exchange operator can claim that
his exchange was hacked just to siphon off the funds himself and end up getting bailed out by a blockchain rollback.

February 21, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
Is there anyone interested in taking legal action?

I think it might be worth to make an effort.

Please have a look: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitgrail-situation-2983123
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
February 21, 2018, 10:05:16 AM
Bitgrail showed us how not to manage an exchange. Not wondered when heard they become scam. Exchange  is a serious thing and if devs are not professional enough there are defenitely problems.  I don't know if they took XRBs to themselves or really got hacked but if they got hacked it happened lot time ago and they didn't want to say that. That KYC problem also occured from that
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
February 21, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

Activity: 420
February 21, 2018, 01:52:31 AM
is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

Activity: 9
February 21, 2018, 12:25:51 AM
Yeah I sold a potion of my coins in december, moved to exchange figuring when it was a bit over 10 id sell out and re invest in a different coin without so many issues and in the interim it happen. (I was going to hodl but changed my mind)  It was listed at 10.43 so I thought, time to sell!  couldnt figure out why the news kept coming up with the exchange link then I read up.  Ive since made all wallets but 1 coin I use on the computer =/
Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
February 19, 2018, 06:59:59 PM
Hah thats funny, I for some stupid reason thought Bitgrail would be responsible for the money I put there.
There goes 90% of my crypto money. =/
and yep the million useless typical responses of you should of.  Thanks in advance, no need to post em.

NEVER keep your "investment" coins on an exchange. Only keep what you trade. I also used Bitgrail for buying XRB because it was the only properly-functioning exchange supporting XRB at that moment. But I immediately transferred the coins to my wallet because I wasn't planning to sell them soon.

I have seen people getting burned in MtGox, Cryptsy, Mintpal & now Bitgrail; and I never trust any centralized exchange with the coins I can't afford to lose.
This the common mistake among people where they are too confident on storing up huge coins on an exchange without even thinking the possibilities of being compromised or lost all of those tokens.Same into your behavior i dont usually store huge amounts on exchanges which if do already bought tokens i immediately transfer it to my wallet and with that it do put my mind on peace.
Pages:
Jump to: