Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 4. (Read 355577 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 04, 2012, 07:44:32 PM
Has anyone found a way to get the mine_lp function to work properly? Currently if I have deepbit enabled on mine_lp I end up hopping to deepbit every time a block is found, regardless of who finds it.
Using Bithopper 0.316 as it has the nice cfg files for editing still.

There's a tip in it for anyone who can fix this...
August 18, 2012, 09:56:37 AM
Possible dumb question:

I ran a bithopper client for a while last year, had no problems whatsoever, everything worked great!

But now, I run the new version, install completes with no errors but the pool.cfg etc files are nowhere to be found - I'm a bit lost, but there's a tip in it for whoever can help me fix this  Cheesy
This Data are now stores in an Database.
You configure the Most over Yourip:8339

Basically, I want to add a couple of custom pools, mine only to those and split hashrate between them, and I can't see how to do that from the :8339 pages - I'm familiar with how to do it on the old versions of bithopper but I can't see how to add custom pools in the new version.
Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
August 17, 2012, 03:02:04 PM
Possible dumb question:

I ran a bithopper client for a while last year, had no problems whatsoever, everything worked great!

But now, I run the new version, install completes with no errors but the pool.cfg etc files are nowhere to be found - I'm a bit lost, but there's a tip in it for whoever can help me fix this  Cheesy
This Data are now stores in an Database.
You configure the Most over Yourip:8339

August 17, 2012, 01:17:52 PM
Possible dumb question:

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
August 12, 2012, 01:55:32 AM
I have a question for you c00w, how does bitHopper handle share difficulty? What if one pool has higher difficulty shares then another, does the amount of shares still count correctly? Say pool A has difficulty 1 shares, and pool B has difficulty 2 shares.

Now say a miner/worker sends 500 shares to each pool, both pool A and B. That means he mined 1500 difficulty one shares (in theory), or 750 difficulty 2 shares (in theory) and so on...

The problem I was having with 0.3.0.1, is that bitHopper only reported the worker as 1000 shares, so I can't tell how much the worker sent to each pool (if I could I could calculate payout correctly). Does 0.3.0.2 fix this problem? If it doesn't is there a way to fix this problem?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 10, 2012, 02:49:47 PM
@Subo1977

I'm pretty sure the reason running as root breaks everything is due to a bug in btcnet_info. I'd advise you to update your bithopper version and then run

python setup.py install
August 10, 2012, 03:58:36 AM
i install bithopper 0.3.2 on a fresh Ubuntu 11.10.
with
 sudo apt-get install python2.7 git python2.7-dev python-setuptools python-pip libevent-dev
git clone git://github.com/c00w/bitHopper.git
cd bitHopper
sudo python setup.py install
python run.py

i got the error :

22:47:08|ServerLogic|rebuild_servers: No valid pools configured
22:47:13|ServerLogic|rebuild_servers: No valid pools configured

on the worker page i see only a black screen with the text Workers... nothing else..
I can't add a worker..

What do I Wrong?

read the rest of the README, gives you the address to configure your pools/workers now on port 8339

in my Post I Write:

on the worker page i see only a black screen with the text Workers... nothing else..
I can't add a worker...

I Solved the Problem by my Own:

If I Run Bithopper as root, i get blank/black Pages.
If I run Bithopper as a normal user ist all ok.

The previous version run as root without problems.

Activity: 742
Merit: 503
August 08, 2012, 11:31:26 AM
with
 sudo apt-get install python2.7 git python2.7-dev python-setuptools python-pip libevent-dev
cd bitHopper
python run.py

i got the error :

I can't add a worker..

What do I Wrong?

read the rest of the README, gives you the address to configure your pools/workers now on port 8339
August 04, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
with
cd bitHopper
python run.py

i got the error :

I can't add a worker..

What do I Wrong?

July 29, 2012, 02:00:19 AM
I also want to try and clean up the pool list and just streamline everything down to the bare basics. I also want to make the statistics gathering engine much more powerful so this is more useful for server owners.
July 29, 2012, 01:58:57 AM
Its not completely dead. I was pretty busy this summer and didn't have a lot of time to get around to it. I've fixed p2pool in the 0.3.2 branch and I'm going to merge it into master since its the only branch I want to deal with anymore. I'm not sure about some of my other decisions regarding moving everything into a stats.db file. I'm going to try and integrate a dht into bithopper to help with the deepbit lp problem.
July 18, 2012, 08:13:49 AM
Is the bithopper Project Alive or dead?
In git the Last Weeks changed nothing.
Pull request Stays Open. 
Activity: 447
July 11, 2012, 12:40:49 AM
Anyone have any idea what this means?

Code:
21:39:13|work: Not in pool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/greenlet.py", line 390, in run
    result = self._run(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/tonic/bithopper/scheduler.py", line 40, in bitHopper_server_update
    self.bitHopper.server_update()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 174, in server_update
    if self.scheduler.server_update():
  File "/home/tonic/bithopper/scheduler.py", line 149, in server_update
    if not self.server_is_valid(current):
  File "/home/tonic/bithopper/scheduler.py", line 76, in server_is_valid
    return info.is_valid() and info['role'] in self.valid_roles
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_valid'
>> failed with AttributeError

When I go to the /workers page after starting the pool and try to add a user for my pool, nothing happens when I click the "+". This is in Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.
July 03, 2012, 04:28:00 PM
Long time since I've been here and a lot has changed. I'm in desperate need of an update! Is there a maintained list of hoppable pools somewhere still? Also, where is the pool list from /workers pulling from compared to the pool list in /stats because I've got a lot of pools in each that aren't in the other...
Activity: 658
June 05, 2012, 01:17:56 AM
Am I doing something wrong here? What are these errors

22:14:39|bitHopper: Lagging. :slush
22:14:39|bitHopper: Lagging. :slush
22:14:41|bitHopper: Lagging. :deepbit
22:14:41|bitHopper: Lagging. :slush
22:14:42|rpcworklog: RPC request [getwork] submitted to slush
22:14:46|rpcworklog: RPC request [69c0a000] submitted to slush
22:14:47|api: bclc api error:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

I get lagging for every pool I try to mine, and I get the api error for bclc
btw, how am I supposed to use the pools-custom.cfg, am I supposed to copy the old one and modify it or am I supposed to just put my modifications in the new file? I chose the copy route and modified some things
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
June 03, 2012, 06:48:06 PM
p2pool is my backup pool and it rejects like every share so cgminer stops feeding shares to bithopper
I believe bithopper does not like p2pool's massive amount of LPs compared to other pools.  I tried asking about it here and in the IRC channel, but no one was helpful.

Maybe c00w can help you guys with that, make sure you open an issue on github so he can see it, i don't think he's too active on the forum lately. Cheers
June 03, 2012, 05:54:35 PM
p2pool is my backup pool and it rejects like every share so cgminer stops feeding shares to bithopper
I believe bithopper does not like p2pool's massive amount of LPs compared to other pools.  I tried asking about it here and in the IRC channel, but no one was helpful.
Activity: 658
June 03, 2012, 07:13:05 AM
April 26, 2012, 06:52:30 PM
Is it better to use the master branch or 0.3.2?  It seems like they are being developed simultaneously.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
February 20, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
c00w already fixed the issues callmeivan https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper/issues/625 , try updating
Pages:
Jump to: