Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 86. (Read 355678 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
August 04, 2011, 01:38:58 PM
Looks like Ozco.in now provides a user API key, useful?
User not, but https://ozco.in/api.php should be nice! Smiley

edit: It's already in the current version... so just upgrade.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2011, 01:36:48 PM
i now have a working configuration for bitclockers (but it requires two different ip's)

first-ip: start a bithopper instance
second-ip: start a bithopper instance per worker on a different port (eg you have three workers just put them at ports 8000,8001,8002)
-> change pools.cfg to get stats from http:///data
format is always json, key is servers.#poolname#.shares
(poolname does not refer to its name, it the key inside [key] in pools.cfg)

-> change users.cfg to get a unique workername for bitclockers at each port
(as this file is always read in through bithopper start, you can write a script which starts the instances all from the same directory, just switches the users.cfg)

-> you could change the stat update interval in bitHopper.py (ONLY on your worker-hopper, not on stats hopper)

now connect your worker - each to a different bithopper port

now you can mine at bitclockers again.

^^ with this your stats will be a little messed up;
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 04, 2011, 01:35:22 PM
@murfshake

Is it swapping to another backup from deepbit?

To get it working in the new version I had to put

[deepbit]
name:deepbit
mine_address:pit.deepbit.net:8332

in pool.cfg

then also make it "backup_latehop" in the user.cfg

*Nevermind, it still only does the first 2 shares on deepbit (my only backup pool) then goes right to the lowest "mine" pool no matter how bad of a % it is at.

I can't get it to stay on my backup of deepbit no matter what I do.  Going back to the old version.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 04, 2011, 01:33:40 PM
Found a few pools that seems hoppable not in the list.

Swepool.net looks to be a proportional again now as of recently and operating at around 5Gh~. And Digbtc.net is another pool that is a small proportional pool that can be added I think.

Could someone pls add these two pools to the pool.cfg/user.cfg list?

thanks, digbtc is added, Swepoo would surely win the prize for the most simple and clean pool site ever, cant find nothing in there (shares for ex.)

edit: oops, now I see the shares, but not the actual round ones
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 04, 2011, 01:27:19 PM
Found a few pools that seems hoppable not in the list.

Swepool.net looks to be a proportional again now as of recently and operating at around 5Gh~. And Digbtc.net is another pool that is a small proportional pool that can be added I think.

Could someone pls add these two pools to the pool.cfg/user.cfg list?

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 04, 2011, 01:26:41 PM
@murfshake

Is it swapping to another backup from deepbit?
August 04, 2011, 01:24:47 PM
So how is c00w's slicing working? Is it stable enough to switch to now?
legendary
August 04, 2011, 01:24:30 PM
A normal day for a bitcoin miner...
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 04, 2011, 01:17:36 PM
The last few versions wont just to the backup pools once I am past 48% anymore.  I am still using old versions.

I usually go to deepbit once I am at %48, but with the new version, even using backup_latehop it won't stay on deepbit as my backup.  Any help please?

Disable all other backup servers, atleast then you know it will stick to deepbit if backup is required.
August 04, 2011, 01:14:46 PM
Feature request for stats page:

1) Please add a thousand separators to stat page (Shares, User shares etc).
2) Please add a button to force mining in selected  pool and hop away only when another pool starts a new block    
3) check pool once more, before it gets a status "api_disable"
4) remove  "api_disable"  after N seconds and return the pool back to its previous status (mine etc)
5) move move backup pool to the end of the mining pools list and before disabled pools

I have something for this list. For the miner stats at the bottom left of the page could you make it so the name is red or green according to its online status based off when they submitted shares last. For example:

After 10 min if shares have not changed for x miner then color name red for offline else color green for online.

I tried to code something like this in javascript but it's probably better off being handled with the back end rather than the stats page.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 04, 2011, 01:14:27 PM
Ed, you asked earlier if I recall why I thought dynamicpenalty system works well, here is the reason (specificly why it would work even better with flowers sliced mining combined)

- dynamicpenalty adjusts based on poolspeed (meaning if a bunch of hoppers left a pool it wont remain at the same penalty for this pool)

- dynamic+sliced would help to adjust the sliced time on a pool based on the poolspeed ie. if it sliced a pool based on shares + poolspeed(that was avg speed) and suddenly pool gets a huge influx of users increasing poolspeed, the dynamic+sliced method should then effectively adjust the penalty lower and increase timeslice. Invest of this method if poolspeed decrease since we dont want to waste time on a slow/inactive/lowshare pool if there is other faster pools available at slightly higher roundshares.

I think this is just about why it works and is such a nice feature, I typed this out fast so might have missed some other obvious plus points Wink
Activity: 84
August 04, 2011, 01:08:10 PM
The last few versions wont just to the backup pools once I am past 48% anymore.  I am still using old versions.

I usually go to deepbit once I am at %48, but with the new version, even using backup_latehop it won't stay on deepbit as my backup.  Any help please?
legendary
August 04, 2011, 12:49:21 PM
My miners keep going idle any ideas?

increase your miner queue size little more, not too much to avoid submitting stales
August 04, 2011, 12:43:00 PM
I'll retrace the path but api_disable only appears if stats are unchanging for around an hour.

Lag, pool website being down or anything else triggers api_lag which is delagged if the website comes back up.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
August 04, 2011, 12:35:32 PM
2) Please add a button to force mining in selected  pool and hop away only when another pool starts a new block    
this would be very nice  Wink
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
August 04, 2011, 12:23:36 PM
Mtred.com is not giving me a user api key what do i do?

Thanks,

Slippy

For MtRed hit Generate, then hit Save at the bottom of the page.
Activity: 69
respecttheslider
August 04, 2011, 12:05:56 PM
Mtred.com is not giving me a user api key what do i do?

Thanks,

Slippy

August 04, 2011, 12:02:05 PM
1) Pools list:
Github has a wiki which everyone can edit. So if you want you can make a list there.

2) Color Scheme?
I'm going to make ScliceScheduler the default and make that website the default.
We will see what happens with the other websites.

legendary
August 04, 2011, 11:46:59 AM
Here is a small list of feature request I submitted 40+ pages ago.
Updated

Feature request for stats page:

1) Please add a thousand separators to stat page (Shares, User shares etc).
3) check pool once more, before it gets a status "api_disable"
4) remove  "api_disable"  after N seconds and return the pool back to its previous status (mine etc)
4) move move backup pool to the end of the mining pools list and before disabled pools

Thank you

1) Added to git issues
2) Added to git issues too
3) Pool gets checked few times before it's disabled
4) Api is disabled for various reasons, pool web page down, fake stats or general lag for that pool so enabling manually in this case is recommended, I will put it on issues too.
5) You say sorting the pools more conveniently, added on issues. Quick workaround: delete all disabled pools entries from user.cfg
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 04, 2011, 11:42:04 AM
Would be nice to have a "hide" feature on the stats site. the ability to hide pools that you don't use, (i know that you can do it by editing the cfgs, but a button on the site would be much nicer.)
Pages:
Jump to: