Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 88. (Read 355678 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
August 04, 2011, 06:24:31 AM
got this in the mail

Thanks for joining http://digbtc.net

Because LNSMPPS is some difficult to understand.

Now we have changed our payment method to Proportional.

but they are tiny..they have 4.2gh

I have an account there but unless everyone came, i'm not sure if i like mining the really small pools, they are below 43% for days. I'd like to see ryouiki's sim with slow pools. I guess it would all work out it just seems to take a lot of time.

add them back if ya want to. personally i bet they just missed us.

I think they where bigger before switching over to LNSMPPS.
All the hoppers left, so they shrunk...

But I put them back in, if we all do they will grow again Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
August 04, 2011, 04:32:35 AM
wait when was "backup_latehop" added.. what does it do versus backup? just makes sure you dont use the percents? is this c00ws or ed64? what

c00w's (well, both I guess).

In the user.cfg.default it says:

#backup_latehop = prefers this for backup if PPS pool
 has high share count, recommended for all backups

backup_latehop is my implementation.

What it does:
Instead of selecting the backup pool with the lowest stale percentage (as far as I understood, that's the main selection criteria) it selects the backup pool with the highest pool share count.

This does NOTHING to your expected payout (especially not on PPS, but should also not change anything on PPLNS/Scored) and is just a counter measure against people irrationally leaving hopping proof pools on long rounds. It is intended to help these hopping safe pools (used as backup) who are "stuck" on longer rounds by giving them a boost in the end. Also some people seem to like to hop into backup pools that have a high CDF (which is irrational... but anyways). The description is not by me, and I'm generally not too happy with the descriptions in user.cfg.default --> I might do a change + pull request there.

Variance of backup payouts will increase if you add scored + PPLNS pools as backup additionally to the *PPS ones already present, but in the longer run there's no difference. There should be also no difference between backup + backup_latehop. backup prefers lower stale rates, but backup pools might get hopped hard and overload - backup_latehop should get lower loaded servers usually, as people choose to manually hop away on long rounds. I implemented it as a different method because it's hard to have both (there will always be a server that has the most shares and there will always be one that has the lowest stale rate - how to decide then?!) and people might want to choose.

I personally use backup_latehop, as I see it as a kind of "reward" from the more intelligent/rational miner type to pools. It is rational/intelligent to leave on prop. pools early, as you earn more. It is also rational/intelligent to hop into backup pools at any time and pools often suffer on longer rounds. Should this get exploited, you can always switch back to the usual backup method.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 04, 2011, 04:04:22 AM
got this in the mail

Thanks for joining http://digbtc.net

Because LNSMPPS is some difficult to understand.

Now we have changed our payment method to Proportional.

but they are tiny..they have 4.2gh

I have an account there but unless everyone came, i'm not sure if i like mining the really small pools, they are below 43% for days. I'd like to see ryouiki's sim with slow pools. I guess it would all work out it just seems to take a lot of time.

add them back if ya want to. personally i bet they just missed us.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2011, 03:39:01 AM
Can someone please post and update a list of all pools worth hopping (and why)?
There was so many changes in the last days, I completely lost the overview which one is still good and which not.

We should keep an updated list somewhere please!

Thanks!  Cool

I agree, that'd be really handy.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
August 04, 2011, 03:33:09 AM
Can someone please post and update a list of all pools worth hopping (and why)?
There was so many changes in the last days, I completely lost the overview which one is still good and which not.

We should keep an updated list somewhere please!

Thanks!  Cool
August 04, 2011, 03:16:56 AM
they appear to actually be down right now, could be the reason for the excessive reds today with them

I've disabled them again.  Can't be good for the cards ramping up to 100% then back down to zero every minute or so.
moOo
August 04, 2011, 02:15:37 AM
they appear to actually be down right now, could be the reason for the excessive reds today with them
Activity: 168
August 04, 2011, 02:11:26 AM
Regarding BitClockers, I don't think it's IP based.

I've been testing Cherry Picker for the last day and a half and it's been heavily picking on BitClockers - to great profit, I'd add.

There is some fingerprint left through the proxy - maybe the UA is still wrong and giving away. Cherry Picker just controls poclbm directly and poclbm does the mining directly. BitClockers hasn't messed with any of my mining activities while using Cherry Picker.

New account or same account you used with bithopper?

Same account.
August 04, 2011, 02:08:36 AM
From what I could figure out it seems like bitclockers is limiting the getwork requests per worker which makes it a pain in the ass to use reliably.

Ive setup multiple workers and holding stable connection now but as soon as I push all my gpus through one worker the crapshoot starts to happen.

How do you go about referencing multiple workers in the BH config files?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 04, 2011, 02:02:20 AM
I sent him a pm

anyways this is the part that gave me hope. bolding mine.

Sorry, proportional is the only fair mining method. A share is a share, no matter when it is submitted.
TBH, I really don't mind hopping that much. But as i said before, when it starts wreaking havoc on the pools you're hopping on the problem must be addressed. Hoppers are hundreds of thousands of work requests all hopping together to the same pool; might as well be a "DDoS".

his whole reason for coming in here was the high stale problem, as we were submitting bad data and he wanted to tell us to quit. That's the wreaking havoc. That is fixed. Also with the slice now, if we all use different numbers, we wont be hopping simultaneously onto the pools. Their hash rate with rise a bit less drastically. SO that pretty much addresses all the issues he has as a pool OP. ADD 1% of a few gigahashes...well i think the PM might have a chance.

I hope it works.  His pool is very valuable among the few we have to hop, and I would love to be able to use it effectively.
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 04, 2011, 02:01:33 AM
index.html is fracked Sad
Red on dark gray? Seriously?
moOo
August 04, 2011, 01:59:58 AM
I sent him a pm

anyways this is the part that gave me hope. bolding mine.

Sorry, proportional is the only fair mining method. A share is a share, no matter when it is submitted.
TBH, I really don't mind hopping that much. But as i said before, when it starts wreaking havoc on the pools you're hopping on the problem must be addressed. Hoppers are hundreds of thousands of work requests all hopping together to the same pool; might as well be a "DDoS".

his whole reason for coming in here was the high stale problem, as we were submitting bad data and he wanted to tell us to quit. That's the wreaking havoc. That is fixed. Also with the slice now, if we all use different numbers, we wont be hopping simultaneously onto the pools. Their hash rate with rise a bit less drastically. SO that pretty much addresses all the issues he has as a pool OP. ADD 1% of a few gigahashes...well i think the PM might have a chance.
August 04, 2011, 01:46:15 AM

I've been testing Cherry Picker for the last day and a half and it's been heavily picking on BitClockers - to great profit, I'd add.

There is some fingerprint left through the proxy - maybe the UA is still wrong and giving away. Cherry Picker just controls poclbm directly and poclbm does the mining directly. BitClockers hasn't messed with any of my mining activities while using Cherry Picker.

New account or same account you used with bithopper?
August 04, 2011, 01:45:25 AM
Just checked out bitclockers thread on here, and in the second post he refers to us as "cheaters", so I doubt he will work with us.  Need to find a way to get around bitclockers nonsense.
August 04, 2011, 01:44:27 AM

August 04, 2011, 01:40:43 AM
re: penalty option, this is where the dynamic penalty option of ryo worked so well.

Ha, I guess I don't trust anything I don't understand... I found for non-prop pools or delayed pools, dynamic penalty would push those quite low and I felt like I was mining unprofitable pools quite often. Oh well, in anycase, hopefully I'll have time to port it over, but not sure how well I can test it.

I think I'm secretly hoping Ryouiki or someone else will take the plunge, I just set the stage by extracting out most of the "scheduling" code Wink

I just added a new LP system and a slice scheduler similar to flowers. New lp is on by default. Scheduler uses --scheduler SliceScheduler

Oh and ryou's dynamic penalty doesn't conflict with my code. Its just another item that needs to get added.

From a project management perspective, I'd recommend letting ryo finish integrating slicing into his fork (which he's working on now, I believe) and then merge it all in together. He's doing time based, multi-threshold with dynamic penalty now and it will be all that including slicing when complete. Seems like merging the complete package would be easier than making it fit into another slicing implementation. Just my two bits.

After the last day of slicing eating everyone's lunch I would just reiterate that Ryo is working on getting slicing integrated into his fork. Let him do the work and then merge commit it.
August 04, 2011, 01:36:32 AM
I would have to guess he is doing it through ip, but seriously if anyone has a solution please pm me it.

Probably the best bet would be to recontact him. He was upset for sure but he was also communicative. He sounded like he is someone who could be reasoned with. If one of you dont contact him I might.I'll tell him we have fixed our shit and if he fixes his, he can have 1% of my reward.

I would gladly donate 1% for him to disable the antihopper things, but I doubt he would ever do it.  Go back and read what he wrote.  If I remember correctly it was quite hostile.  

No matter what, I would love to get bitclockers working fully again because they pay out so well.

Yep, I'd be happy to donate 1% as well.  I'm sure we all would.  
August 04, 2011, 01:33:29 AM
I would have to guess he is doing it through ip, but seriously if anyone has a solution please pm me it.

Probably the best bet would be to recontact him. He was upset for sure but he was also communicative. He sounded like he is someone who could be reasoned with. If one of you dont contact him I might.I'll tell him we have fixed our shit and if he fixes his, he can have 1% of my reward.

I would gladly donate 1% for him to disable the antihopper things, but I doubt he would ever do it.  Go back and read what he wrote.  If I remember correctly it was quite hostile.  

No matter what, I would love to get bitclockers working fully again because they pay out so well.

Ps, if you do contact him I would recommend doing so through pm, because his uers might not respond well to the pool op working with pool hoppers in exchange for a donation.
moOo
August 04, 2011, 01:29:42 AM

August 04, 2011, 01:26:49 AM
Has anyone grabbed a new account from bitclockers since the useragent and stales were fixed? It might be worth a try.

Pages:
Jump to: