Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 89. (Read 355678 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
August 04, 2011, 01:24:10 AM
I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now
you can quit eligius if you want, they also pay off after a week of inactivity, or stay, it doesnt matter. personal choice.

Is there any benefit changing the Bitclockers server to pool2 or pool3 in the pools.cfg?

mixed results.. personally I have about the same amount of luck with all of them.

he came in here once talking about how we were causing him problems with his site, best to search bitclockers and read some of it. he talked about messing with our connections cause of the problems he was having. And well we were causing problems, his bitching got us to looking into our stales, well c00w and gnaget anyways, and we saw that we were submitting bad data when switching pools and now it is all fixed.

so i dont really know the end to this story, we shouldnt be screwing up his site much anymore, but i still have connection issues all the time.

Has anyone grabbed a new account from bitclockers since the useragent and stales were fixed? It might be worth a try.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 04, 2011, 01:18:42 AM
I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now
you can quit eligius if you want, they also pay off after a week of inactivity, or stay, it doesnt matter. personal choice. And i put bloody on "info" i want to see me get paid first with that site, before i trust them too much, plus i keep losing connection anyways, but slicing fixes the all day at bloodys problem.. or should, but definitely probably part of some peoples less than stellar averages. so turn them on if you want, i have them on info.. or leave it disabled and you will hear from us when they pay out.

Is there any benefit changing the Bitclockers server to pool2 or pool3 in the pools.cfg?

mixed results.. personally I have about the same amount of luck with all of them.

he came in here once talking about how we were causing him problems with his site, best to search bitclockers and read some of it. he talked about messing with our connections cause of the problems he was having. And well we were causing problems, his bitching got us to looking into our stales, well c00w and gnaget anyways, and we saw that we were submitting bad data when switching pools and now it is all fixed.

so i dont really know the end to this story, we shouldnt be screwing up his site much anymore, but i still have connection issues all the time.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2011, 01:09:00 AM
bloody's
ozcoin
Slush
BitcoinPool
Bitcoins.lc
MtRed
PolMine
RFC
Triple
Backups are:
Eligius
Ars

turn off eligius if you are slow like me.. takes forever to get the auto payout for me. I do well with just ars, sometimes i back up to bitpit instead.

slush is mine at your own risk

sometimes the hopper can have slow days especially when you add a small tiny pool like bloodys and you mine there all freaken day long cause it is taking us forever to get to 43%... which is one of the reasons we added slicing. I put bloody on info.

you probably mined at bloodies all day like me the other day.. it might pay out ok when they find a block.. but it is a big waste of time if they go long.

What causes a server to turn red in the info page?
server turns red if it cant connect.
if you just started the server it could be a bad user or pass..if it starts off the right color and then turns red it is site issues. Bitclockers hates us and has been known to screw with us. That one goes red on me all the time. I still mine there but yeah that is annoying.

Ok, thanks mate, much appreciated.   I'm expecting to double my hash rate if my damn risers ever arrive (grrrr), so I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now Smiley

moOo
August 04, 2011, 01:02:13 AM
bloody's
ozcoin
Slush
BitcoinPool
Bitcoins.lc
MtRed
PolMine
RFC
Triple
Backups are:
Eligius
Ars

turn off eligius if you are slow like me.. takes forever to get the auto payout for me. I do well with just ars, sometimes i back up to bitpit instead.

slush is mine at your own risk

sometimes the hopper can have slow days especially when you add a small tiny pool like bloodys and you mine there all freaken day long cause it is taking us forever to get to 43%... which is one of the reasons we added slicing. I put bloody on info.

you probably mined at bloodies all day like me the other day.. it might pay out ok when they find a block.. but it is a big waste of time if they go long.

What causes a server to turn red in the info page?
server turns red if it cant connect.
if you just started the server it could be a bad user or pass..if it starts off the right color and then turns red it is site issues. Bitclockers hates us and has been known to screw with us. That one goes red on me all the time. I still mine there but yeah that is annoying.
August 04, 2011, 01:00:03 AM
What causes a server to turn red in the info page?  I started on Bitclockers again and almost immediately it turned red and kicked me off.   It tried again just now and lasted about a minute before it went red again and switched.
moOo
August 04, 2011, 12:55:14 AM
one minor issue ED with your fork...

if you change the status of one of the miners with slices.. it just goes to back up until you change it back.

I was having issues with bloody again..and just decided to turn them off for a while.. well they had 300 of my slice shares.

the hopper decided to mine arsbitcoin for a good while, despite bitclockers had 6%.. if i disabled ars it just went to a different backup.. it was only when i reenabled bloody and let it finish did it reslice.

this makes it kinda hard to disable a bad server without having to actually restart.
August 04, 2011, 12:54:07 AM
Guys, can I ask how much you tend to be making from this over say, 2 days?   I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all Smiley

If I'd stayed with my previous pool I'd be up about 0.7BTC right now.

There is luck in hopping just like everything else.  The last two days may not have had a ton of blocks being solved, and it REALLY depends on which pools you use.  If you are using MtRed, Bitclockers, bitcoins.lc and polmine, then you should have made a fair bit over the last two days.  Smaller pools take longer to solve blocks but sometimes give massive rewards.  

I made 0.7283375 over the last two days at those 4 pools combined, and I have shares at like 7 other pools waiting for them to find a block.  And that is not to mention the payout from the backup pools which I don't really keep track of but was at LEAST .2 btc over the last two days.  Running around 690mhash/s just for reference.

Side note:  If bitclockers would stop their nonsense, I would have made a lot more than what I listed there.  They were really lucky over the last couple days and since they started messing with hoppers they have probably cut my payouts in half.

Hmm.  I did start to mine at bitclockers, but I found that none of my shares were being counted on their site so I promptly sacked them off.

From MtRed over the last two days I've made:  0.12
Bitcoins.lc: 0.008
Pol: 0.07

This is with 880Mhash.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
August 04, 2011, 12:50:26 AM
Guys, can I ask how much you tend to be making from this over say, 2 days?   I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all Smiley

I do have 0.68 (estimated) sitting in bloody's right now, but of course as it's going to take them a few weeks to solve a block, as soon as that hits 43% it'll erode down to most likely nothing, so it doesn't really count.   Perhaps I'm better off just getting rid of that pool altogether and the spare cycles can go to one of the PPS backups...
varies.

but it's well over my calculated/expected payout.
August 04, 2011, 12:49:46 AM

I guess it is cause they didnt respond but i figure i post anyways

I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all

I'm doing well above average.. what pools are you hopping? all the defaults?

I'm hopping:

bloody's
BitcoinMonkey
ozcoin
Slush
BitcoinPool
Bitcoins.lc
MtRed
PolMine
RFC
Triple

Backups are:
Eligius
Ars

To be fair, since I joined, most of the pools have been sat way over 50% so I haven't had a look in at those yet.

Which are you hopping Joules? (ps, never did get that confirm email from HoppersDen)
Activity: 84
August 04, 2011, 12:46:09 AM

There is luck in hopping just like everything else.  The last two days may not have had a ton of blocks being solved, and it REALLY depends on which pools you use.  If you are using MtRed, Bitclockers, bitcoins.lc and polmine, then you should have made a fair bit over the last two days.  Smaller pools take longer to solve blocks but sometimes give massive rewards.  

I made 0.7283375 over the last two days at those 4 pools combined, and I have shares at like 7 other pools waiting for them to find a block.  And that is not to mention the payout from the backup pools which I don't really keep track of but was at LEAST .2 btc over the last two days.  Running around 690mhash/s just for reference.

Side note:  If bitclockers would stop their nonsense, I would have made a lot more than what I listed there.  They were really lucky over the last couple days and since they started messing with hoppers they have probably cut my payouts in half.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 04, 2011, 12:45:34 AM
I fixed the empty user display bug.
moOo
August 04, 2011, 12:40:23 AM
ed i get this with you newest port
[00:37:08] polmine: 1421168
Code:
[Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): error.TCPTimedOutError'>: TCP connection timed out: 10060: A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of ti
me, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respon
d..
]
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 388, in e
rrback
    self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
  File "D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 455, in _
startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
  File "D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 542, in _
runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1076, in
gotResult
    _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
--- ---
  File "D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1020, in
_inlineCallbacks
    result = g.send(result)
  File "D:\Users\joulesbeef\Desktop\currentminer\edaug4mooonewomgiateashoe\echiu
64-bitHopper-f35bc44\work.py", line 66, in jsonrpc_lpcall
    body.deliverBody(WorkProtocol(finish))
exceptions.AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'deliverBody'

I guess it is cause they didnt respond but i figure i post anyways

I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all

I'm doing well above average.. what pools are you hopping? all the defaults?
August 04, 2011, 12:32:57 AM

I do have 0.68 (estimated) sitting in bloody's right now, but of course as it's going to take them a few weeks to solve a block, as soon as that hits 43% it'll erode down to most likely nothing, so it doesn't really count.   Perhaps I'm better off just getting rid of that pool altogether and the spare cycles can go to one of the PPS backups...
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 04, 2011, 12:28:35 AM
Yo Ed, last time I will bother you but please tell me if this is the intended functionality of your altslice set to 1200 .

- It remains on pools until slice time runs out, no matter if a pool is >43.5% or in case of mine_slush >~11%, it will continue until timeslice is finish.
- If there is a new server with fresh block and that server have a timeslice assigned to it, it would jump to a timeslice on higher shares server ie. bitclockers were at 0% and timesliced at 600s whereas bloody is at 35% and timesliced at 600 aswell, now what happened it moved from btcpool24(finished timeslice there) and jumped to bloody and not bitclockers?

If this is the way it should work, Id like to understand this method better cause I cant for the life of me figure out how this could be more profitable than hop lowest share or dynamic penalty+hop lowest share.
August 04, 2011, 12:14:38 AM
Ok because I have to much time on my hands here is why there is a 0 printed in the miner stats at the bottom of the index.html.

As you can see the 0 is coming from a row that is used to store the stale count for the pool(s). So to fix this looks like all that is needed is to print all user rows - 1.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 04, 2011, 12:05:52 AM
EDIT: haha slush suddenly fixed it, what the f0000k ?

Got rewarded after it had shown rewards = NONE for the round , madness.

Oh well time to move on Smiley
August 04, 2011, 12:02:41 AM
Slice scheduler now works.
And I just realized that macboys port looks really glarish to me.
Does everyone like that color scheme better or worse?

I'm open to suggestions on playing with the colors... I kinda know my around at this point. The red is definitely too much with all of the disabled pools showing. Looks much better when they're deleted out of user.cfg. It makes a problem stand out if there's only one obnoxious red line. Also wouldn't be hard to edit out any of the static colors for roles ie: info; backup; disabled. Let me know, and I'll play with it if you guys want.
August 03, 2011, 11:55:14 PM
edit:There seems to be a huge bug with it.. there is always that annoying blank user with 0 shares.. why wont he go away.. he is messing up my whole screen.

+1
That 0 is killing me  Angry

I think the 0 is a empty row in the database that is getting printed.
August 03, 2011, 11:51:09 PM
edit:There seems to be a huge bug with it.. there is always that annoying blank user with 0 shares.. why wont he go away.. he is messing up my whole screen.

+1
That 0 is killing me  Angry
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 03, 2011, 11:50:44 PM
SliceScheduler is c00w's implementation, I never pushed mine out. The latest one looks like it might be working now. I implemented AltSliceScheduler as a variant of flower's original work. Will do some patches later this week to make it a little more aggressive, for now it's a moderately simple weighted time slicer.

Personally, I'm using that for now. Not sure what slice size works best, I think 600-900 is ok. With the getwork store, I find that it reduces stales and doesn't matter much if you hop around pools. Doesn't seem to make bitHopper send more getworks, so on the surface seems harmless? Didn't pay attention too much. The drawback is maybe sending the clients too many LPs?

Ed, does your SliceScheduler option work? Or is it only AltSliceScheduler that works for now? If not which is best to use?

I'm currently using altslice at 900, does that sound about right?
Pages:
Jump to: