Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 28. (Read 55082 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
Wow, over 75 BTC. BitLotto is making a comeback! Good luck to those who enter.

Otoh: I will look into that. I don't know about making it automatic as I have to have a wallet exposed to the Internet. I like to make sure that I keep security pretty high as I can never afford a single loss of funds. One loss would ruin me. I want to be the most secure, cheat proof lottery around. Unless I do the work manually myself. I may do it. We will see. But the more I think of it though, if someone wanted to invest a lot it wouldn't be hard to paste the address a few times and enter 0.25 each time....
That long downtime a few weeks ago almost killed BitLotto.

n.olmos

Ya it sucked!!! My hardest problem is finding a DNS and host that work properly through TOR. But EVEN *IF* the website and everything was taken down BitLotto will continue. As long as there are players who want to play I'll continue it. Just posting the address on this forum will keep it alive even if the website is shut down. The addresses will be gpg signed to ensure that I'm still the same person running it. In other words it will only end when I and my back up person die at the same time or people quit playing!! Wink
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Website has been fixed to not include the over payment (refund of 9.75 sent -the tx that sent the 10 BTC could still win as 0.25 was left in for that tx) and so far the jackpot for March 7 is just shy of 60 BTC!!!!

Many thanks, got it - I'll resend the bets now, sorry for the extra work  Embarrassed

The way I was thinking for doing larger bets is if someone sent you say 10 BTC to a special large bets address that gets generated on request for each customer, your bot would then resend all of this in 0.25 BTC chunks to the normal monthly lotto address to create the 40 hashes necessary for the lotto, if one of these won then the prize would go to first the customer's exclusive large bets address & then on to them from that to the address they sent the 10 BTC from, they could also send more than 1 large bet to their exclusive LBA & this address could even be constant & just adjusted internally for each new month's lotto. It looks cheat proof to me & not too hard to set up - though I'm no programmer

I'll post this in your thread for feedback

Cheers, Otoh

Edit: perhaps the tx from customer to their LBA would need to be made public at the time so that all could see the prize went back to the winner's own address via it, or just a list of each generated LBA & which customer address it received funds from
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
That long downtime a few weeks ago almost killed BitLotto.

n.olmos
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Website has been fixed to not include the over payment (refund of 9.75 sent -the tx that sent the 10 BTC could still win as 0.25 was left in for that tx) and so far the jackpot for March 7 is just shy of 60 BTC!!!!

Though the October 2011 jackpot was bigger in terms of BTCs (the lotto was 1.0 BTC per ticket back then)  there were fewer  tickets sold (140 of them).
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.558083

[Update: Scratch that.  The switch to 0.25 BTC occurred prior to October 2011, so the Oct '11 jackpot had more tickets sold -- 560 (which remains the record high yet).]

This month at over 60 BTC where each ticket is 0.25 means there are over 240 tickets sold.  More than twice last month's total (of about 120 tickets).

Ah, that should be explained a bit more Tongue
I use blockchain.info, and I have indexed my priv keys, so im good Smiley
Thanks!

Ya, I'm not sure how to better explain it but I'll give it a shot.

I honestly think the most simple way is to say no online wallets but list exceptions.

I only know of:
http://strongcoin.com/
http://blockchain.info/wallet

Are there any other popular ones that would work with my lottery?
I do list blockchain.info as an exception so it should work.

And I'll refund the 9.75 right away. I really try not to open the wallet too often. (Mostly my own paranoid security measures) But as I know they want to enter the rest I'll try to do it soon. I'll also update the website to be more accurate with the jackpot size.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why not from an online wallet?

Because if you win and it sends the winnings back to the same address it may not be available to you. It depends how the addresses are allocated/managed by the wallet. They may send from an address that is not the one you would receive on. eg. MtGox sends on pretty much some random address different form the one in my account.

Ah, that should be explained a bit more Tongue
I use blockchain.info, and I have indexed my priv keys, so im good Smiley
Thanks!
donator

Blockchain.info is good. It sends from an address in your wallet and I think it even has a dropdown box to choose which one. Recommended.

yes it does & all very easy to use too, even when not totally sober  Embarrassed

PS I've edited my original post above to explain how come I messed up...
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
I have used both StrongCoin.com and BlockChain.info wallets to buy lottery tickets and they both work.  I do not know about any of the other wallets.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I like this online wallet as it lets you keep the same address for sending & receiving it seems, unless I messed up with that too  Cheesy

https://blockchain.info/wallet
Blockchain.info is good. It sends from an address in your wallet and I think it even has a dropdown box to choose which one. Recommended.
donator

I like this online wallet as it lets you keep the same address for sending & receiving it seems, unless I messed up with that too  Cheesy

https://blockchain.info/wallet
donator
OOPS!

1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8 did not understand how BitLotto works and just sent 10 BTC for one entry!

Dear 1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8,

One transaction = one hash = one entry!  

You will need to send 0.25 BTC 40 times in 40 different transactions in order to create 40 different hashes for your 40 different "lotto tickets".

Hopefully you will get a 9.75 BTC refund so you can send 39 more separate transactions.

Oppps  Embarrassed  gambling whilst drunk, never a good idea - lucky that I didn't send it in to a bitcoin black hole - I shall resubmit the 10 BTC in little 0.25 chunks later so that the total remains the same, I'll do this either when my 10BTC has been returned or on the 6th March if still not sent back by then - sorry for the confusion folks  Grin

edit: I played after finding through a search http://www.bitlotto.com/addresses.html & missed out on seeing the home page http://www.bitlotto.com/ which is why I messed up - it's quite clear on the home page, but no so obvious on the addresses one, maybe that should have a prominent link to the home page on it to make it idiot proof - I was wondering why the current total of wagers wasn't showing on the page that I used, now it's all clear  Smiley

Because if you win and it sends the winnings back to the same address it may not be available to you. It depends how the addresses are allocated/managed by the wallet. They may send from an address that is not the one you would receive on. eg. MtGox sends on pretty much some random address different form the one in my account.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Website issues again?
It's up for me right now. 260 tickets sold.

So it is.  That was odd though, I got a response, but just a blank page.  If it happens again I'll try to better record what I'm seeing.
Website issues again?
It's up for me right now. 260 tickets sold.
legendary
I think that's good but sooner rather than later is better since the extra 10 btc misrepresents the jackpot in the meantime.

Ideally a bot would do th refund almost immediately so players can see there mistake and re-submit more tickets before they change their mind and decide not to play.

Doing it after the draw is the worst case and I'd even argue maybe invalid since players may decide to play based on the jackpot size.
Pages:
Jump to: