Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 3. (Read 55082 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
WARNING - THE MARCH WINNER HAS NOT BEEN PAID OUT

DO NOT PLAY BITLOTTO AT THIS TIME
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
If Mr BitLotto hasn't surfaced & paid the winnings by April's draw date of 4/4 I will release a PM from him that though it won't help at all to track him down does give a little info on his plans & thinking at the time it was written regarding how he saw BL going forward, there was nothing about it that personally made me any nervous about continuing to play, in fact I bet all told 18 btc on it in March's draw but it may as well go in to the public domain if he's AWOL still then or if the coins move before then which I doubt - I still hold out hope that the situation will resolve itself.
legendary
I expect this is all fake (it would be if I owned the site)

Ya, operating a direct competitor to a State-run lottery would be something you would pretty much need to do anonymously.

There were concerns right off the bat, of course:

Or running away with.  Cool Wink

Ok. I admit that made me laugh. Seriously though, I'd be nuts to run with the money, I'd be better off making a small share honestly over a long period. Sure 246 BTC would be nice but I'd rather run a successful lottery in the future. I intend on running this for a very long time and with time people will see I'm doing exactly as I said.

And the use of an escrow was discussed here:

Lottery guy bets entire BTC fortune and ... loses? Smiley
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.238619

And there was the claim of having a partner, to keep the bus factor at two (i.e., if bitlotto operator gets hit by a bus someone else has the keys.)  Of course, there is no confirmation this exists, but if this delay is due to challenging circumstances there was supposed to be a backup to deliver the winnings. Being March 22nd and neither the normal payout nor the backup alternate having occurred has things looking worse though.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
owner-name: Mike Spitzer
owner-street: 167 Main St.
owner-city: Calgary
owner-state: Alberta
owner-zip: T4A 1N7
owner-country: CA
owner-phone: +1.4034568767
owner-fax:
owner-email: [email protected]

I expect this is all fake (it would be if I owned the site)

Sent an email to the yahoo address, we will see if it bounces.
Called the number.  It is not valid.
As far as I can tell Calgary Alberta does not have a Main street at all.
Have not checked the name but expect it is fake.
legendary
Does anyone know him in real life?

There is an address and phone number in the whois for the domain.  I've not called it or texted to it, but that is an option.

Incidentally the domain is set to expire in a couple weeks.  It is hosted with Kalyhost, which means to probably get started on renewing that ASAP so that it has renewed before expiry.
donator
I'd guess that there's something/s going on in his rl that has just made keeping up with BitLotto impractical this month, I know that he was very busy & overstretched recently, I believe that he's honest & will make payment when he's dealt with whatever immediate things that are taking all his attention, sometimes stuff happens, most importantly it doesn't seem to be a money issue as the funds have stayed put & in $ terms are having a ball, I'm sure that goat will get them eventually & the $ value has doubled since the draw so all is/will be good if he's been put on enforced no sales hold though I expect goat is a long term stacker mostly anyways.

I see that sales of the April BitLotto have ground to a halt for a while now at just 5.81 btc so ppl obviously are following this lapse & wisely not playing atm until it is resolved with sufficient explanation as to why it happened.

legendary
Yes, he has been slow in the past but never this slow.  I am worried about him.  Does anyone know him in real life?  If so can you check on him and report back?

Funny, he has exactly 1234 posts...
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
I would wonder more if something has happened to him.  I hope he is ok.

Maybe he got picked up for running an illegal lottery?
legendary
Not really cool Sad

Yes, this is an uncharacteristically long delay, especially with no further updates since the 7th. 

The funds are still unspent though, so don't lose hope:
 - http://blockchain.info/address/12fxpYHWfoBNtZk2oMcbuBNvyJtVmL9KTF
 - http://blockchain.info/address/1MEjrYadGN41detAUionHC6iU15K7Ydmva
 - http://blockchain.info/address/1NfRi27U5wV3GF7VyfurkuN5Mmx1s6WDmj
donator
legendary
Congrats! to 1AU... who won approx $2,260 with a 1 btc bet made on the 21st Feb Smiley

on my phone now but pretty sure that is me.  Thanks guys.

Edit: That was in fact me. When do the coins normally get sent out?

Thanks.
Hey don't you owe me about 50 BTC?  Wink
donator
Congrats! to 1AU... who won approx $2,260 with a 1 btc bet made on the 21st Feb Smiley
Activity: 672
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
Sorry for the delay. Internet and life sometimes gets in the way!  Tongue

Congrats 1AUpr2S... for winnning 52.47 BTC!

0.25 BTC/ticket
1. 12fxpYHWfoBNtZk2oMcbuBNvyJtVmL9KTF
2. 1MEjrYadGN41detAUionHC6iU15K7Ydmva (Pool)
3. 1NfRi27U5wV3GF7VyfurkuN5Mmx1s6WDmj (Pool)
Jackpot size: 52.47 BTC
Lucky Block: 223665 Mega Millions Numbers: 17 30 38 43 51 Mega Ball 20
Mixer Hash: 3fa2459dda...
Winner's Hash: 540df7798b5c887e1c9b7a7dfb7895a7aa83db4245965eb968f3e583e72f21f5(1)
Winner: 1AUpr2SssWgz6zyvxDDHEEZRVX7QjCvfsd

http://bitlotto.com/2013mar1.txt
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
this lottery is running since August 03, 2011.

AFAIK, it's the oldest lottery bitcoin game running nowadays and the jackpot was lower than the other months. So, just because the payment is taking a little longer, it doesn't mean that his a scammer.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Calm down.  It takes a while Smiley but it always pays.

It's March 7th for crying out loud. Frankly, I think it's scummy that he's already taking action on next month's lottery when he can't even be bothered for over a week to pay out last month's draw. There is no way I'm playing this lottery again.
legendary
Calm down.  It takes a while Smiley but it always pays.
Please stand by for results.

Next draw is April 5. Note that tickets are now **0.1** BTC each!!!!

Probably should be 0.05 each instead so that those that habitually bet 0.25 without checking will get a full 5 tickets instead of "2.5 tickets".  You are going to keep the extra 0.05 (?) or you will have to manually refund it to people who do that.
I'll just refund. I hope not too many people make that mistake.

I'm inclined to think you have stolen the jackpot. What kind of respectable lottery takes this long to pay out? This is a joke right?
Frankly, it is unacceptable to have to wait this long. Especially with no updates from you. Having to ask is not ideal; you should have updated on bitlotto.com

I am never playing your lottery again as of now.
Please stand by for results.

Next draw is April 5. Note that tickets are now **0.1** BTC each!!!!

Probably should be 0.05 each instead so that those that habitually bet 0.25 without checking will get a full 5 tickets instead of "2.5 tickets".  You are going to keep the extra 0.05 (?) or you will have to manually refund it to people who do that.
I'll just refund. I hope not too many people make that mistake.
How long til winner is decided?
I have a REALLY bad internet connection. I estimate my blockchain will be fully caught up tonight and the results will come out right after. Sorry. I'm looking into an alternative way to deal with my poor connection. Perhaps a partner or something.
Pages:
Jump to: