Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 22. (Read 382888 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
June 04, 2016, 01:53:49 PM
We did our DD on HF.  You are insulting us to imply DD on HF would have somehow predicted future changes in price/difficulty would ultimately drive them out of business.

People who'd never worked together before were supposed to be a leading chip and HW manufacturing company within a few very short months? Due whatwhat? If it offends anyone else that I point this out, then so be it.

Why don't you use that cudgel to bash everyone who ordered from HF/Cointerra/KNC, etc?

'Cause I'm not you? You're the one who attacks anyone who complain about being f@cked over by Hashfast, so it's a bit backwards to call me out on it. I think their handling was fraudulent, even if there were other obvious reasons why they were a weak proposition. People are right to complain. But you were part of the fraud, so I don't have much sympathy for your loss.

Why is it just me who isn't allowed to lose a risky bet on a pre-order without some n00b assclown like you stalking/reminding me forever?

You're not just an innocent little victim.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/icebreaker-hashfast-employee-381687

Bitcoin's decentralization is not "a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway."

No, but you have to look at the numbers. The problem isn't the lack of p2pool options or lack of good pool alternatives. The problem is that the people who owns the hardware has no interest in using those.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
June 04, 2016, 01:19:26 PM
I didn't pre-order from HashFast. In fact, every ASIC I ever ordered has been delivered (It's called "due diligence", you might want to look it up). Most of them from Bitmain. Which makes it a bit strange to see someone like you make a big stink about a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway. It's kind of like bicyclists who think they're saving the world by sweating their way to work.

Gmaxwells claims are completely disconnected from reality. The overwhelming majority of antpools hashing power comes from their own farms, and none of the people who understand what p2pool is genuinely thinks that's what antpool is offering. The fact that Gregory tries to use this, in some weird way, to nullify the HK agreement is beyond stupid. The fact that his lapdog iCEBREAKER is given the task of causing a stink in Bitmain related threads just goes to show that he's completely lost.

I saw him whining to Peter Todd about "misinformation" and "poor communication". If he stopped hanging in the Classic #REKT thread, ditched his cry-buddy iCEBREAKER and grew some balls, he could contribute to the conversation and try to make things work with the miners. Maybe even along terms he is comfortable with. Bitcoin isn't a joke any more, it's an industry. And like it or not, he's one of its leaders. As is Jihan. If Gregory is willing to get out of the trenches then it's in Jihans interest to hear what he has to say. But this barrage of immature attacks might become more costly than Maxwell is able to bear soon.

My God, you certainly do like to rant about how much Gmax hurts your delicate feelings.   Roll Eyes

We did our DD on HF.  You are insulting us to imply DD on HF would have somehow predicted future changes in price/difficulty would ultimately drive them out of business.

Why don't you use that cudgel to bash everyone who ordered from HF/Cointerra/KNC, etc?  Why is it just me who isn't allowed to lose a risky bet on a pre-order without some n00b assclown like you stalking/reminding me forever?

Bitcoin's decentralization is not "a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway."

P2pool could play a large role in preserving Bitcoin's decentralization.

Bitmain/Antpool used that fact to gain customers, but never followed through.

Their false advertising is not "just bad PR" (your asinine, pedestrian concern) but bad for Bitcoin.
legendary
June 04, 2016, 12:54:40 PM
BITMAIN announces Antpool: Pushing forward Decentralization

We support p2pool protocol*

*not really

That's great!  Surely OP will deliver!

(time passes)

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/t8ASuFn.jpg[/img]

More than HashFast CoinTerra ASICMINER Spondoolies KNC.

Fixed that for you.

No comment on Bitmain's P2Pool status?  Nice (off-topic, flamebaiting) shitpost.   Roll Eyes

Just thought I'd mention it.

I don't know why they haven't just pulled the plug completely on their p2pool project. It's just bad PR by now.

Then again, I don't see why an [expletive deleted] like yourself would want to stir up shit about it. Especially considering your past affiliations.

I'm sorry you are too stupid and n00bish to realize ASIC pre-orders are risky and many high tech start-ups fail due to adverse business conditions.

I'd hoped the long list of other bankrupt miner manufacturers would clue you in, but no, you are just too fucking stupid to get it.

Gmax reminded us about Bitmain's broken promises regarding p2pool:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4l564f/bitcoin_core_nonirc_meeting_summary_for_20160520/d3kefgb

Quote from: nullc
I want antpool to make good on their promises to use P2Pool-- promises which which pretty much killed P2Pool by diverting hashrate away from it--, promises which they still advertise ... But not all wishes are realistic.

He was, like me, a Hashfast customer, although we strenuously disagree about many details in that fiasco.

Does this help you understand how fucking stupid it is to judge everything someone does by an unrelated past association?

I didn't pre-order from HashFast. In fact, every ASIC I ever ordered has been delivered (It's called "due diligence", you might want to look it up). Most of them from Bitmain. Which makes it a bit strange to see someone like you make a big stink about a shitty little feature which isn't relevant anyway. It's kind of like bicyclists who think they're saving the world by sweating their way to work.

Gmaxwells claims are completely disconnected from reality. The overwhelming majority of antpools hashing power comes from their own farms, and none of the people who understand what p2pool is genuinely thinks that's what antpool is offering. The fact that Gregory tries to use this, in some weird way, to nullify the HK agreement is beyond stupid. The fact that his lapdog iCEBREAKER is given the task of causing a stink in Bitmain related threads just goes to show that he's completely lost.

I saw him whining to Peter Todd about "misinformation" and "poor communication". If he stopped hanging in the Classic #REKT thread, ditched his cry-buddy iCEBREAKER and grew some balls, he could contribute to the conversation and try to make things work with the miners. Maybe even along terms he is comfortable with. Bitcoin isn't a joke any more, it's an industry. And like it or not, he's one of its leaders. As is Jihan. If Gregory is willing to get out of the trenches then it's in Jihans interest to hear what he has to say. But this barrage of immature attacks might become more costly than Maxwell is able to bear soon.

legendary
June 04, 2016, 11:53:31 AM

*not really

(time passes)

Fixed that for you.

No comment on Bitmain's P2Pool status?  Nice (off-topic, flamebaiting) shitpost.   Roll Eyes

I don't know why they haven't just pulled the plug completely on their p2pool project. It's just bad PR by now.

Then again, I don't see why an [expletive deleted] like yourself would want to stir up shit about it. Especially considering your past affiliations.

I'm sorry you are too stupid and n00bish to realize ASIC pre-orders are risky and many high tech start-ups fail due to adverse business conditions.

I'd hoped the long list of other bankrupt miner manufacturers would clue you in, but no, you are just too fucking stupid to get it.

Gmax reminded us about Bitmain's broken promises regarding p2pool:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4l564f/bitcoin_core_nonirc_meeting_summary_for_20160520/d3kefgb

Quote from: nullc
I want antpool to make good on their promises to use P2Pool-- promises which which pretty much killed P2Pool by diverting hashrate away from it--, promises which they still advertise ... But not all wishes are realistic.

He was, like me, a Hashfast customer, although we strenuously disagree about many details in that fiasco.

Does this help you understand how fucking stupid it is to judge everything someone does by an unrelated past association?
legendary
June 04, 2016, 11:00:03 AM

*not really

(time passes)

Fixed that for you.

legendary
June 04, 2016, 09:56:25 AM

*not really

(time passes)

Fixed that for you.

No comment on Bitmain's P2Pool status?  Nice (off-topic, flamebaiting) shitpost.   Roll Eyes
legendary
June 04, 2016, 09:17:27 AM

We support p2pool protocol

(time passes)

More than HashFast.
legendary
June 04, 2016, 08:22:22 AM

We support p2pool protocol

That's great!  Surely OP will deliver!

(time passes)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 17, 2016, 06:06:55 AM
Reading this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antpool-lost-100phs-about-30-of-pool-power-in-24-hours-info-1475343

Id say use this as an option guys to point your hash away from antpool to another smaller pool. I wouldn't mine here given its history of mining empty TX blocks.
Activity: 332
May 16, 2016, 06:42:43 AM
date has come and gone so what happens? does that mean that the btc goes poof and the request stays open forever?

Only if you were outbid, or when the payment hasn't been completed.

You can check yours, under "My Auction Records".
Activity: 263
Merit: 131
May 15, 2016, 05:35:48 PM
Just want to report:

I can login.
I got payouts.
Luck was less then days before, but fine.

Maybe a login-server went down or a database-crash???
Even biggest provider already had such issues. Mine on ispace.co.uk or Kano.is for a while and switch back / controll later again.

But website is very slow atm! Undecided (maybe ddos or network-/dns-issue, too?)
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
May 15, 2016, 04:44:42 PM
date has come and gone so what happens? does that mean that the btc goes poof and the request stays open forever?
Activity: 332
May 15, 2016, 04:08:14 PM
anyone know how the block signing auction system works? I sent in some BTC but my request is just sitting there along with others even though the pool is finding blocks.

That's probably because the date you have set to sign your message, hasn't been reached yet.

If you have paid for your message, then your message will be incorporated in a block on the date you specified, assuming no one else outbids you on that specific day. Hashnest is currently solving around 40 blocks per day, so the chances to be outbid by (around 40) others that specific day you requested your message to be incorporated, should be quite slim.
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
May 14, 2016, 02:50:22 PM
anyone know how the block signing auction system works? I sent in some BTC but my request is just sitting there along with others even though the pool is finding blocks.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
April 20, 2016, 03:42:14 PM
So guys have you found Antpool better then say Slush Pool?  I am trying to figure out the best pool.  I have an Antminer s7.

If you don't live in China don't mine in China with an S-7 or any other BTC miner.

The short explanation is  Antpool and F2pool use tactics that can be very harmful to BTC in the long run.

Longer deeper explanation is 3 Chinese pools have 65% of the worlds hashpower causing a very lopsided amount of power in one country.

This is a world wide coin so pick a pool the is not in China.

Note if you live in China  you have a lack of connectivity and are stuck mining in China

Right now the only pool for you to be in with an s-7 is kano.is

I have a long thread about it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lifetime-pool-luck-for-antpool-vs-kanois-or-why-arent-you-mining-with-kanois-1338693

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2016, 03:36:24 PM
Any pool that does not mine empty blocks and does not spv mine is better than antpool.  Don't support lazy pool code that's bad for bitcoin.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 20, 2016, 03:24:54 PM
So guys have you found Antpool better then say Slush Pool?  I am trying to figure out the best pool.  I have an Antminer s7.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
April 11, 2016, 06:37:47 PM
how do get my antpool earnings out step by step there is no guide i need to get my earnings out and start fresh somewhere else like ghash.io

You must have minimum earnings and auto payment will send it to you. 0.01 btc

Good choice on moving somewhere else.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
April 11, 2016, 02:53:48 PM
how do get my antpool earnings out step by step there is no guide i need to get my earnings out and start fresh somewhere else like ghash.io
Pages:
Jump to: