Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 83. (Read 382774 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
March 12, 2015, 05:59:43 PM
I'm getting 415ms ping to the stratum URL from the UK... I was thinking about switching to antpool since I'm wondering where the 40Ph/s have gone from GHash, etc, but after reading a few posts, I think I might stick to p2pool.
Until they manage to get these DDoS issue's under control that's probably not such a bad idea.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
March 12, 2015, 01:53:26 PM
I'm getting 415ms ping to the stratum URL from the UK... I was thinking about switching to antpool since I'm wondering where the 40Ph/s have gone from GHash, etc, but after reading a few posts, I think I might stick to p2pool.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 12, 2015, 01:16:44 PM
My proxy is still connected and all my miners are still getting shares. But then again I haven't been disconnected in at least four days.
Activity: 10
March 12, 2015, 01:06:06 PM
This sucks I like this pool also  Embarrassed
Activity: 16
March 12, 2015, 12:41:05 PM
This is so annoying!!!! It's a good pool, i would happy pay a 1.5% fee if it was stable! They are obviously using the cheeper cloudflair business package for ddos  protection but it's not enough, we are losing to much here, for the love of god just charge a fee a provide a complete service.  Do it
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
March 12, 2015, 12:28:01 PM
Last time I checked, almost all my miners were up and running. Now I get 0.0TH. What the fudgepop is going on here?

Both control miners (another pool) are mining happily.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
March 11, 2015, 08:53:28 PM
imo, part of it must be centralization & market price manipulation ?
Activity: 924
March 11, 2015, 08:00:48 PM
Wow, that explains it.  Thought I was going mad.  Tried everything on my side.  Thanks for the info saved me hours of headaches.
Activity: 49
March 11, 2015, 06:54:10 PM
Well, that just blows.. I love the pool, i love the nightly payments. I just ordered another s5 as well, so hopefully there are no issues there. Thanks for the update, and I look forward to it returning to service.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
March 11, 2015, 06:22:36 PM
Hardly needs to be a hacker either - anyone can do it with the right software. Probably a few disgruntled customers unhappy with their double price hike...... Cheesy
LOL!  And people are still buying them...
Market sets the price, if they keep up on orders they'll keep raising it until enough say it's unfair then it drops back down.
Oh, I certainly understand... it just amazes me that people continue to purchase.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
March 11, 2015, 05:50:20 PM
Hardly needs to be a hacker either - anyone can do it with the right software. Probably a few disgruntled customers unhappy with their double price hike...... Cheesy
LOL!  And people are still buying them...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
March 11, 2015, 05:40:07 PM
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
March 11, 2015, 05:31:49 PM
No idea why hackers even bother with these DDOS attacks since the website is usually seperate from the stratum server.
You don't think they can attack any port besides 80?  Flood port 3333 with crap traffic and miners can't connect... DDoS.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
March 11, 2015, 05:22:37 PM
No idea why hackers even bother with these DDOS attacks since the website is usually seperate from the stratum server.

legendary
Activity: 1456
March 11, 2015, 05:20:41 PM
yes it was under attack. 

Unfortunately we are under a DDoS attack. Our network team is on the issue and is reconfiguring our equipment at the moment. Full service will be restored ASAP.

Also, if you have not done so, please configure at least 1 pool that is not Antpool in your failover pool!!

thank you

Mine is very weird 2 miners see it as alive rest still dead. I have enjoyed your pool and hope it gets back up soon.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
March 11, 2015, 03:40:30 PM
yes it was under attack. 

Unfortunately we are under a DDoS attack. Our network team is on the issue and is reconfiguring our equipment at the moment. Full service will be restored ASAP.

Also, if you have not done so, please configure at least 1 pool that is not Antpool in your failover pool!!

thank you
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
March 11, 2015, 02:04:28 PM
Dear Bitmain Customer,

This morning we received a concerning email from a group of hackers threatening Bitmain and our services with a DDoS attack and demanding a ransom payment to prevent the attack. Bitmain is committed to providing the best service possible to our users, and will not invite future attacks of this sort by giving in to the demands of hackers.

The hackers have demonstrated that they do possess the capability to execute a DDoS and that this is not an entirely empty threat, although we do not know the full extent of their capabilities. During the next few days, Bitmaintech.com, AntPool, AntPool.com, and&nbs p;Hashnest.com may experience intermittent outages. Our team is working hard to ensure that the effects of any possible attack will be as minimal as possible.

For those customers mining on AntPool, please make sure that you have configured your backup pools properly in the event that you are unable to access AntPool.

For HashNest users, mining payouts will continue as usual and there is no need to worry about lost revenue.

For sales, if you are unable to access our main website, you may contact us directly at [email protected].

Thank you for bearing with us during this time.

All the best,

Bitmain

link?
Activity: 15
March 11, 2015, 01:04:51 PM
Dear Bitmain Customer,

This morning we received a concerning email from a group of hackers threatening Bitmain and our services with a DDoS attack and demanding a ransom payment to prevent the attack. Bitmain is committed to providing the best service possible to our users, and will not invite future attacks of this sort by giving in to the demands of hackers.

The hackers have demonstrated that they do possess the capability to execute a DDoS and that this is not an entirely empty threat, although we do not know the full extent of their capabilities. During the next few days, Bitmaintech.com, AntPool, AntPool.com, and&nbs p;Hashnest.com may experience intermittent outages. Our team is working hard to ensure that the effects of any possible attack will be as minimal as possible.

For those customers mining on AntPool, please make sure that you have configured your backup pools properly in the event that you are unable to access AntPool.

For HashNest users, mining payouts will continue as usual and there is no need to worry about lost revenue.

For sales, if you are unable to access our main website, you may contact us directly at [email protected].

Thank you for bearing with us during this time.

All the best,

Bitmain
Activity: 15
March 11, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
ya my hash rate went to zero around midnight last night , came back up to only 733 g/hash out of 5300....and now i cannot connect at all, so back to btc for the time being until i find something better, and yes it was paying more than usual....which was awesome
Pages:
Jump to: