Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 84. (Read 382774 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
March 11, 2015, 11:54:04 AM
Mining.bitcoin.cz any good?
There are a bunch of great pool ops out there that are responsive and supportive.  Eleuthria, Kano, DrHaribo, ck, etc.  Slush runs his support from a dedicated site and IRC channel.  BAN uses IRC and email.

It all really depends on what you want.  I'm not a fan of the ant pool... others are.  Everybody's got an opinion on what's the best and chances are good they're all different Smiley.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
March 11, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
Mining.bitcoin.cz any good?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2015, 11:33:26 AM
Why anyone would use this "pool" is beyond me. It is unstable, unreliable, badly run, badly coded, has constant problems & provides absolutely zero customer support. Zero. What little information they do give out is either misleading or blatantly wrong. On top of that, despite them stating it is a zero fee pool, they are keeping the Tx fees - how on earth that classes it as a "zero fee" pool I don't know  Huh

I really can't think of one reason to use this terrible pool, not one.

I could not agree more!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
March 11, 2015, 11:05:15 AM
Why anyone would use this "pool" is beyond me. It is unstable, unreliable, badly run, badly coded, has constant problems & provides absolutely zero customer support. Zero. What little information they do give out is either misleading or blatantly wrong. On top of that, despite them stating it is a zero fee pool, they are keeping the Tx fees - how on earth that classes it as a "zero fee" pool I don't know  Huh

.... because it finds blocks?

What pool doesn't find blocks?

It's also responsible for the most stale ones too.

Hmmm... How can I explain it to you...

If you mine to make as much BTC as possible, antpool is Da Bomb.

That been said I just gained access to my page only to find out that most of my miners aren't connected to the pool. And I know it's a pool side problem cause my control miners (on another pool) are mining along happily.
Activity: 49
March 11, 2015, 10:41:47 AM
..... god damn it  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1
March 11, 2015, 10:07:57 AM
cant conect to ant poool
no server are responding is it normal ?
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
March 11, 2015, 09:39:07 AM
Why anyone would use this "pool" is beyond me. It is unstable, unreliable, badly run, badly coded, has constant problems & provides absolutely zero customer support. Zero. What little information they do give out is either misleading or blatantly wrong. On top of that, despite them stating it is a zero fee pool, they are keeping the Tx fees - how on earth that classes it as a "zero fee" pool I don't know  Huh

What pool doesn't find blocks?

It's also responsible for the most stale ones too.
legendary
March 11, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

Activity: 379
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
March 11, 2015, 08:58:48 AM

legendary
March 11, 2015, 08:36:08 AM
Just had to manually switch all of my units over to another pool.  Unfortunately even though my miners are showing Antpool as alive and submitting shares, at least for me none of them are currently registering.  From the dramatic drop in pool hashrate I'm assuming I'm not alone?
Mine just switched back to Antpool after being in Failover for nearly 4 Hours. Blockchain has the pool registering two goods block submissions during the time but pool page has so far failed to update with confirmations. It's frustrating to try a pool with Absolutely ZERO COMMUNICATION from the OPERATORS.
Couldn't agree with this last statement more!  For such a large pool I find it hard to believe that they can't afford to invest in a little bit of support infra-structure.

Wouldn't hurt if they took some classes in keeping servers up and running either. Their site is down again and I am planning to drive to my mine tonight, but I don't want to drive 4 hours and not be able to access their webpage to check the miners.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Well hello there!
March 11, 2015, 03:29:28 AM
Just had to manually switch all of my units over to another pool.  Unfortunately even though my miners are showing Antpool as alive and submitting shares, at least for me none of them are currently registering.  From the dramatic drop in pool hashrate I'm assuming I'm not alone?
Mine just switched back to Antpool after being in Failover for nearly 4 Hours. Blockchain has the pool registering two goods block submissions during the time but pool page has so far failed to update with confirmations. It's frustrating to try a pool with Absolutely ZERO COMMUNICATION from the OPERATORS.
Couldn't agree with this last statement more!  For such a large pool I find it hard to believe that they can't afford to invest in a little bit of support infra-structure.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
March 11, 2015, 02:32:39 AM
Just had to manually switch all of my units over to another pool.  Unfortunately even though my miners are showing Antpool as alive and submitting shares, at least for me none of them are currently registering.  From the dramatic drop in pool hashrate I'm assuming I'm not alone?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Well hello there!
March 11, 2015, 02:17:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
March 09, 2015, 08:46:27 AM
The servers are slow to respond at times and the Dynamic Difficulty is to aggressive. My 400 GH/s will frequently bump up to Diff 4096 them a minute later drop to 1024 then another minute later be at 2048 then down to 512. I have noticed this has a big effect on the pool chart variance, even when my CGMiner instance shows a pretty steady work flow.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
March 09, 2015, 08:03:44 AM
The pool is better than Ghash but i have a lot of drops.
What stratum server do you recommend ? I'm in EU ?

Thanks

ps :

This is with stratum+tcp://solo.antpool.com:3333
I will try with stratum+tcp://solo.antpool.com:25 i hope it will be better.

I'm not sure the problem is in my miners. I just check the SP20 statistics and there's no drops in the hashrate like in the pool. The pool shows me 3.78TH/s for 24h. but my real hashrate is a little over 4.5TH/s the payments that i receive are most likely for hashrate =  4.5TH/s. Sooo maybe the pool statistics are not correct.
Activity: 328
March 08, 2015, 07:01:22 PM
I'll be trying this pool next week once I get to my miners. Hopefully it's better than Ghash.io... Can anyone tell me if my mining profits are transferable directly to Hashnest to buy cloud mining?
legendary
Activity: 1610
March 07, 2015, 03:32:47 AM
i know the luck factor is very important but my miners are not stable when connected to this pool.

i try this stratum server :

stratum+tcp://solo.antpool.com:3333

and i get a lot of disconnects and the hashrate shown on the pool is not correct. I try to mine with 3x SP20 (stable 1.5TH per miner), after 24h mining the antpool reports about 3.8TH/s witch is 700GH less.... i have no idea what was wrong.

Then maybe it is about time to try other pools ..... Wink
March 06, 2015, 01:05:58 PM
i know the luck factor is very important but my miners are not stable when connected to this pool.

i try this stratum server :

stratum+tcp://solo.antpool.com:3333

and i get a lot of disconnects and the hashrate shown on the pool is not correct. I try to mine with 3x SP20 (stable 1.5TH per miner), after 24h mining the antpool reports about 3.8TH/s witch is 700GH less.... i have no idea what was wrong.

Activity: 462
March 05, 2015, 08:32:35 PM
then you was unlucky.

i did 2 days with 2.5 and collected 0.07 btc.

Today is really crap though Smiley
March 05, 2015, 02:19:18 PM
i gave it a try for 24h. very shitty pool, many drops, slow stats and my payout for 4.5TH/s (3x SP20) is only 0.028BTC.....nothing to see here  Wink

Pages:
Jump to: