Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 97. (Read 382740 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 13, 2014, 10:59:49 AM
Now you just place a typical PPLNS framework on top of your node.  People register with a user name.  When they connect with that name, since it's not a BTC address, their hash rate gets added to the node's default address.  Now you have all of this hashing power on one address that is contributing to the share chain.  As soon as a block is found, that address is paid.  Then, you just divvy out the payment to the miners based on a standard PPLNS system.

That does nothing to solve the lost work due to the short p2pool share time.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
November 13, 2014, 10:55:36 AM
Actually, I can see how to pull off the "regular" pool on top of p2pool.  When p2pool mining, you must supply your BTC wallet address, and it must be valid.  If it isn't, your hash rate is directed towards the node's payout wallet.  Try it some time.  Start up your own node and connect to it with a user name of anything BUT a BTC address.

Now you just place a typical PPLNS framework on top of your node.  People register with a user name.  When they connect with that name, since it's not a BTC address, their hash rate gets added to the node's default address.  Now you have all of this hashing power on one address that is contributing to the share chain.  As soon as a block is found, that address is paid.  Then, you just divvy out the payment to the miners based on a standard PPLNS system.

So... I can see how it can be done, but it adds a centralized feeling to an inherently decentralized protocol.  In other words, for this magic to work, you simply cannot move from node to node as you can with a regular p2pool node.  The new node you move to / register with has no knowledge of any work you personally have contributed on another node.  Basically what I've described as a possible approach does nothing more than give people the ability to setup and run their own traditional pools using the p2pool network as a backend framework.  Sure, it solves the "small miner" issue, but at what cost?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 06:39:05 AM
As to p2p mining, Antpool collects all subscribed miners to its servers, and then contributes to the already exist p2p network (p2pool.info).
Then why is p2pool currently only ~4.2PH?
Nice one a million question Wink
Any way BITMAIN is ACTIVLEY refusing to publish and fix his software issues and now he begun to fix p2pool and bulshit people. I am telling it again 0% fee comes along with 0% brain......Small miner will stay small miner. end of story..

Engineers are busy, prioritising bug fixes over preparing code for github. Will be up within a few days hopefully.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2014, 06:37:13 AM
As to p2p mining, Antpool collects all subscribed miners to its servers, and then contributes to the already exist p2p network (p2pool.info).

I'm sure anyone who knows anything about p2pool knows what they are describing is impossible.  It can't plug in to the existing p2pool chain AND radically change things like the frequent restart issue.

I agree with what others said, BS.

M
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 06:35:43 AM
Then please get Bitmain to confirm this here - yourself included. Are you also a R&D engineer? Cos if you are - you should have known about p2pool.info being broken.

I already did. We'll get some BITMAIN_.... accounts set up soon.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2014, 03:38:27 AM
Nice one a million question Wink
Any way BITMAIN is ACTIVLEY refusing to publish and fix his software issues and now he begun to fix p2pool and bulshit people. I am telling it again 0% fee comes along with 0% brain......Small miner will stay small miner. end of story..
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
November 13, 2014, 03:24:02 AM
@ loshia:  Thanks, but a 0% fee is also pretty normal with p2pool - go to  http://p2pools.org/btc  and take a look  Wink
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 13, 2014, 03:18:36 AM
legendary
November 13, 2014, 03:14:00 AM
@ loshia:  Let's not jump to conclusions shall we? When the software is uploaded to git, we can all see what is what then.

As far as merge mining is concerned, that's one of the best things about p2pool - why wouldn't anyone do it? I've been merge mining for 2 years now. Many nodes merge mine - it's normal.
Yes sure i do agree. But why then you do not get some portion of it joining antpool?
Any way...i will stop spamming this thread. I just want to point out obvious things. If you can read them fine if not it is a shame. Wish you luck joining 0% fee pool
Best to all of you
There is no charity and Decentralization. All is about money, no matter how it is presented. Speaking of money i prefer to pay my fee, donation or whatever you call to other folks (pools) which i do respect. Simple as that. Joining antpool will not maximize your profits!
If you do believe in Decentralization run your own p2pool nodes
November 13, 2014, 03:05:11 AM
@ loshia:  Let's not jump to conclusions shall we? When the software is uploaded to git, we can all see what is what then.

As far as merge mining is concerned, that's one of the best things about p2pool - why wouldn't anyone do it? I've been merge mining for 2 years now. Many nodes merge mine - it's normal.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
November 13, 2014, 03:03:22 AM
Nice!  Hope to see a more robust p2pool implementation Cool
legendary
November 13, 2014, 02:47:02 AM
Thank you Bitmain - that sheds a bit more light on the subject. So you're keeping it python based then?  (please say no)

Please tell your R&D crew to ignore p2pool.info - it is useless & will only create confusion for noobs. Better if it was gone  Tongue
A bit light? Grin
He is bulshiting you boys Grin
There is no way to do some of the things as described Wink
Any way i am damn sure that eventualy if when someday famous git will be published it will reval the whole truth. Grin As i said there is no free lunch with %0 fee and dedi servers all over the world Grin Grin Grin Grin
Unless BITMAIN is in the charity  decentralisation business Grin
----------------
Quote:
--------------
There are two factors to address for the payout stability of smaller miners. 1st, the total hashrate of p2pool protocol is small and the payout of the whole network is not stable right now. We need to increase the p2pool protocol's total network hashrate.

The above seems legit. No irony...
-----------------------
BUT the below is just a plain big bullshit from Literature class Grin
2nd, small miners' hashrate is low. We think we can help this by set up a good protocol mining agent.
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Small miner is small and it will stay small unless new HW is purchased. There is no software magic to make small miner a big one Wink The issue is getting worst especially with p2pool. Period!

PatMan you can ask BITMAIN if he is merge mining that will be a good start Grin
And the answer is...?
November 13, 2014, 01:59:01 AM
So the p2pool you will be uploading to git will be exactly the same as is running on your p2p.antpool.com?
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
November 13, 2014, 01:58:10 AM
Thank you Bitmain - that sheds a bit more light on the subject. So you're keeping it python based then?  (please say no)

Please tell your R&D crew to ignore p2pool.info - it is useless & will only create confusion for noobs. Better if it was gone  Tongue

yes, python.
we will show p2p network information at antpool.com, instead of p2pool.info.

Look forward to seeing it...

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 13, 2014, 01:52:09 AM
Did you address payouts for smaller miners as the hasrate increases?
yes. antpool earns bitcoin through p2p mining using one bitcoin address. all workers connected to p2p.antpool.com will get the shares from antpool by PPLNS without fee.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 13, 2014, 01:37:15 AM

yes, python.
we will show p2p network information at antpool.com, instead of p2pool.info.
November 13, 2014, 01:30:04 AM

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
November 13, 2014, 01:22:22 AM

There are a lot of questions, and very few answers....

Does this run on the existing p2pool sharechain?

Yes.

Will anyone be able to run a node?

What changes to p2pool are you making?

After we open sourced the code, anyone will be build a node using our code or compiled software.

There are two factors to address for the payout stability of smaller miners. 1st, the total hashrate of p2pool protocol is small and the payout of the whole network is not stable right now. We need to increase the p2pool protocol's total network hashrate. 2nd, small miners' hashrate is low. We think we can help this by set up a good protocol mining agent.

1) Optimize the unstable problem when concurrent user number is high; If p2pool cannot support enterprise level mining operation, it will not be a robust protocol.
2) Reduce loss of frequent restart;
3) Diff dynamic adjust algorithm change;

legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
November 13, 2014, 12:37:02 AM
R&D team members who are providing supports in this thread:
  • ktzhan
  • xlc1985

That is great, thank you, how about some answers?

Edit:

There are a lot of questions, and very few answers....

Does this run on the existing p2pool sharechain?
Will anyone be able to run a node?

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
November 13, 2014, 12:35:55 AM
R&D team members who are providing supports in this thread:
  • ktzhan
  • xlc1985
Pages:
Jump to: