Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain announces plan to create altcoin if BIP148 succeeds - page 17. (Read 16934 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
That's funny Theymos.  It's not an altcoin if Luke Jr does a minority fork, but its an altcoin if Bitmain does it, right?  Anyway i'm fully expecting UAHF to have majority hash power.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1079
anyone ever think that what bitmain is saying is actually just reverse psychology..

let people call his plan foolish and then....

he reveals the punchline of.. well thats exactly what augustforkers are offering.... thus instantly making people slap themselves with a wet fish realising what the augustforkers are offering

IMO August forkers are defintely offering something better than what Bitmain announced. Yeah, BIP 148 is an aggresive way to signal Segwit, but the point is Segwit gets activated. Bitmain is just fooling around, after Segwit2x, another gig at stalling the progress.

Later, we will support the activation of SegWit on the UAHF chain if there is no patent risk associated with SegWit

Now or later Bitmain just wants to push Segwit through a hard fork to make it compatible with ASICBoost. When you are making around extra $100 million per year by mining, hard forking and mining your own altcoin does not seem like a ridiculous idea.

I guess Jihan Wu just added more support to BIP 148 and pushed the miners who were uncertain about BIP 148 to accept it wholeheartedly. There is still enough time to get a majority and activate BIP 148 without splitting the chain.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I feel like some people might read this statement as trying to force a decision between Bitmain's altcoin and BIP148 [...]

No. I read it as a statement to get more approval for Segwit2x. It is "strange" that nobody of the hardliners of both fractions of the blocksize war has mentioned this solution here in this thread, because in the statement they clearly mention it as their goal.

It's simply a counter-offensive to BIP148. I don't support neither of both measures and don't think any of them will succeed. Segwit2x, Luke's Segwit + 2MB pan and also the newer Coop proposal seem reasonable - far from perfect, but acceptable - compromise proposals. So we have the choice.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Typical Chinese manipulation, this is one major bluff.

At first i was happy as fuck but now i'm thinking the same thing.

He will fight to the end. If he had the balls, he would have created his SHA256 alt with 500mb blocks already. He knows that he won't be able to exist without the bitcoin's user base.

He wants to steal that too. The users.

Not just bitcoin. Nobody sees the reality, even the core devs are blind but we will end up with a PoW change. That's inevitable.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Ha let Jihan waste the power and try to push his shitcoins. The only possible thing is  you could probably​get some gear for cheap as they would of course accept their own coin for hardware and you should be to buy it cheaply. It just matters if they think 1 antcoin = 1 bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3512
Merit: 4557
Typical Chinese manipulation, this is one major bluff.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
UASF rekt. Core rekt.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
anyone ever think that what bitmain is saying is actually just reverse psychology..

let people call his plan foolish and then....

he reveals the punchline of.. well thats exactly what augustforkers are offering.... thus instantly making people slap themselves with a wet fish realising what the augustforkers are offering
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
Currently, there are at least 3 client development teams working on the code of the spec. All of them want to stay quiet and away from the propaganda and troll army of certain companies. They will announce themselves when they feel ready for it. Users will be able to install the software and decide whether to join the UAHF.

unknown developers which means we don't know their history

short time period for developing the software and implementing delicate changes, sure it mentioned testnet but is that really enough?!

expecting users to install and adopt it? we still haven't forgotten the BU node crashes and closed source upgrade. is it going to be the same story all over again?
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Double lol

Looks like some people will never stop shilling not even when they come out and say it straight forward that they want us sideways.
Wu wants to get lucky with us in bed such a naughty boy, triple lol.
I'd say lets intentionally split it with plans ahead of time, we'll call that Bit-hoin with 200MB block size and 3 to 30 seconds block time with a block reward of 6.75 and the main chain which will remain Bitcoin of course could continue as is without any change.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
lol

and yet the august forkers. who orphan off oppositing blocks are also going to be "pre-mining" their own chain until they can kiss enough ass to get others to join them

seems theymos cant even see the same crap happening for the crap he supports also,

all in all expect summer-autumn to be a clusterf**k of orphans, double spends and other issues.. all to try pushing segwit in before november...
smells like BScartel (Blockstream Barry Silbert) are getting desperate to try getting segwit activated one way, or 3 other ways
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I don't see anything significantly bad here, let them seperate away from us if they so wish, and they'll soon notice that it was likely the worst decision they ever made. It's top notch greed, but it will cost them dearly, that is almost a guarantee. But then again, I am sure that this is just the regular barking dog behavior - big talks at start, where later nothing happens at all

The bad part is that they are not going to separate for real

This is a poorly disguised, too obvious and easily seen through attempt to postpone the inevitable end of mining as we know it today (i.e. highly monopolized and heavily abused). The only possible explanation if Wu and Co are actually going to get done with Bitcoin is Jihan going totally nuts, which is unlikely. SegWit and further updates will surely eat away at his profit margins but they are pretty wide anyway to deliberately go for something as suicidal as creating a Wucoin. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Jihan denounced his actions later as intentional trolling (to save face)
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
Bullshit, that's a bluff and he's trying to intimidate other miners, the fact that he has the balls to say something like that shows how centralized

His operations are, there is no consensus in doing what he is trying to do, no one is in support of splitting Bitcoin in half and only a stubborn and

Hostile party would attempt such a thing. maybe he wants to have a coin like ETC for himself, and now look at the difference between ETH/ETC.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
am i reading this right! bitmain is essentially saying the rest of the hashrate is going to bee boobs while they mine (their version of) bitcoin for 72 hours = 432 block = 5400BTC and then expect others to build on top of it?!!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
For now they are bitcoiners but it won't last long. Soon they will be shitcoiners after their hardfork
Explain to me how uasf will be bitcoin with a minority hashpower but this hard fork would be an altcoin with a majority hashpower and majority of the ecosystem backing it? You have it completely backwards. There's bitcoin, and then there's Core trying to desperately keep their grasps on bitcoin with uasf.
How about you explain to us how this "uahf" will be bitcoin after bitmain mined it privately for 72 hours?
How can you accept any chain as bitcoin that has a 432 block part being mined in private?
Sounds like bit(main)coin to me.

However fucked up UAHF proposal is, the UASF with minority of hashpower is still an altcoin. Period.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I don't see anything significantly bad here, let them seperate away from us if they so wish, and they'll soon notice that it was likely the worst decision they ever made. It's top notch greed, but it will cost them dearly, that is almost a guarantee. But then again, I am sure that this is just the regular barking dog behavior - big talks at start, where later nothing happens at all.
copper member
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Thanks for confirming you are, indeed, stuck in controlled echochambers and haven't the ability to consider what other sides have to say without bias.
I'm waiting for what you "have to say without bias".

For now they are bitcoiners but it won't last long. Soon they will be shitcoiners after their hardfork
Explain to me how uasf will be bitcoin with a minority hashpower but this hard fork would be an altcoin with a majority hashpower and majority of the ecosystem backing it? You have it completely backwards. There's bitcoin, and then there's Core trying to desperately keep their grasps on bitcoin with uasf.
How about you explain to us how this "uahf" will be bitcoin after bitmain mined it privately for 72 hours?
How can you accept any chain as bitcoin that has a 432 block part being mined in private?
Sounds like bit(main)coin to me.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
You're saying Jihan and the many big blockers aren't actual bitcoiners? Sounds like an emotional thing to say. And to answer your question, maybe it won't be centralized, but it definitely won't be bitcoin with minority hash power. Don't fall for the lies. We will soon have a superior bitcoin with large blocks and we may also have a Core/Segwit altcoin. Ignore false narratives that try and flip this.

Jihan might be a bitoiner but he is also the CEO of a mining cartel. I rather have cypher punks as users than Jihan and pals.
I'm not a UASF supporter but saying that only because it has minority hash power it's not Bitcoin is so wrong on so many levels.
You think hash power is the only thing that makes "Bitcoin" Bitcoin?

25hashcoin is probably a bought account employed by Jihan or Ver, no one should believe anything that shill says. If you check his posts, one day he is 100% pro core and the next 100% pro Jihan, a complete 180 turnaround in a short span with no explanation.

No, but nice try. That's all you Core people can do is accuse people of being shills isn't it? Is it really that unfathomable that real people wan't to actually scale bitcoin with larger blocks how it was intended? Yes, I used to be a pro Core sheep and didn't know any better but I realized I have been duped. Here's some great reading material for anyone who isn't sure whether or not they are acting in bitcoins best interests: https://keepingstock.net/an-open-letter-to-bitcoin-miners-c260467e1f0

A "real" person cannot possible believe the shit you post. You shills really should at least make an effort to not sound like shills, then maybe people might think you are a real person and not some bought, employed, mouth-piece for Jihan and his conspirators.

I really don't see how you can possibly even think that. The majority in this space seem to side with big blockers. It seems you may be a victim of censorship and echochambers if you really think that way. I have the same reaction to posts like yours just now. Hard to believe people are really that brainwashed.

Most people here are not big blockers, what forum you been reading (oh right, r/btc)? Most people do want a capacity increase but they want it done safely and not by Jihan Wu, BU or their shitty development team. Since you seem to be living in your own "echochamber" as you /r/btc shills like to say, most people here do not trust Jihan and his people have Bitcoin's best interests at heart, and for good reason.

Thanks for confirming you are, indeed, stuck in controlled echochambers and haven't the ability to consider what other sides have to say without bias.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

n is a company, a company is an centralized entity.

They have no other way but to have control over their product.

Bitmain is trying to be a central bank. Let them have it. Cheesy

Centralized + prmined ? hmm we are going to see Etherum 2.0 Cheesy nice
Pages:
Jump to: