Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Announces the Antminer R4 and APW5 Power Supply, Designed for Silence - page 47. (Read 84827 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
miner software authorship and/or whether bmminer is a clean re-write of CG miner aside -- I've been waiting to see something like this from Bitmain or others. Long over due. Give it a snazzy looking case to look like AV gear and they will have a winner for the techno Bling crowd.

Reason: I'd bet beans to btc that they are eyeing the large department store market. More specifically the ones in Asia as a whole at least to start.

Their main hypermarket stores to a Western eye are -- insanely huge. Rather like department stores used to be before malls became the rage in the 1960's. Think Walmarts, large furniture/bedroom store, massive consumer electronics sections, groceries and eat-there, you name it, all together. The one I visited in Korea (I think was a Lotte Mart in Daegue) even had their own moped and car dealership inside. All in one massive 8-story building.

In late 2014 before he cut all communications, Joshua Zipkin owner of AMT (now aka Joshua Alexander) was talking about him drumming up extreme interest from a Korean chain for his last-ditch efforts to keep AMT alive. Well at least be able to finally dump the scads of A1 chips he had... It should be in the Skype AMT room chats linked in my sig, somewhere around maybe late July or so.

As for the home decor aspect -- I see a nice market for custom cases there. Also looks ready made for branded casing by oh, say, a department store chain... This also goes a long way to explain using bmminer & custom controller board in the latest batches of s9's. Corporate buyers for stores are not known for looking at products using open source hardware/software. They want lock-in any way then can get it.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
So is the PSU included?
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
seems interesting although i have no current plans to buy any.

one thing from the official page that stikes me odd: https://enshop.bitmain.com/products/antminer-r4-silent-bitcoin-miner.html

Meticulously Designed for Your Home
Mega-terahash performance within the space and sound of your home electronics

Producing a sound that’s usually less than 52dB, the R4 manages to deliver a monstrous hashrate of 8.6TH/swith a sound level unseen since the existence of 1TH/s bitcoin miners.

With a height of 100mm, it is slim enough to rest comfortably in your book rack or computer table.

they show it in a living room. seems pretty fugly to put in a living room, you know, with the psu and wires and such Smiley
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
this power supply can power 2*S9 in 220V ?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
pricing... i think most will be upset but it's gonna sell like hotcakes!

nice & innovative design but fan replacement will be pita. no aftermarket that can be sourced easily.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
So, it's about the same power draw/Ghs as the S9, and you get a little more bang for your buck (the current batch of S9 goes for $1600 hashing at 12.93 Th/s)
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
If the specs and everything are true, then this could actually be a viable miner, if they don't have cooling problems with all the chips. I do like the rack design, and this could be a great miner for servers and homes alike, if only they provide on time and the first batch won't be grossly overpriced like most of their miners have been, and if they don't somehow run out of stock and turn the prices up... Wink

They seem to be looking to expand their customer range with quiet miners; my family doesn't trust bitcoin and thinks it's all a acam, so I run my miners at my own house. The hashrate and efficiency is actually pretty good, considering most of their specialty products have been older chips.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
The link is working ok.
Nothing about the warranty though.

Is the warranty 90 days as usual?
Will the price be 1000USD for the R4 and 300USD for the APW5 like in the product pages I saw?

Mining software is most likely Cgminer -fork "BMMiner" like with the S9.
Activity: 670
Merit: 120
TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!
Weblink is down.

Warranty? (if any)

Cost?

Miner software?
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the Antminer R4 and APW5 power supply. Both have been meticulously designed for silence in the home environment.

Sales start at 23:00 (GMT+8) on 29 August 2016. Click here to learn more.

Happy mining,

the Bitmain team
Pages:
Jump to: