Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series - page 6. (Read 36631 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
August 17, 2015, 07:58:19 AM
I'm in the UK so no issue with the voltage all 240  Wink

Dear All

If thinking of buying this PSU for an S4 with the older M4 ring terminals, this is the reply I received from Bitmain.

Hello sir,

when you are making order,

you need to make a comment that you need M4 ring connectors. that way factory will prepare everything and ship.
but please be sure that they have understood you fully. and that you do not need bunch of 6 pins.

send them a picture if needed, that you require type 1 (m4's with one 6 pin). or red cables.
just be crystal clear. so they do not mix order.

Hope this makes it clear how to order

good luck

I just received my APW3-12-1600 PSU that I want to connect to my S4 that has the M4 ring connectors.
Even though I mentioned this when purchasing as suggested by support the PSU arrived with PCI connectors.
However I did come with a power adaptor board.
Can you send me instructions as to how to connect the original cables to this board.
Also the APW3-12-1600 PSU has 12 PCI connectors and the board has only 8 connectors.
Which ones do I use - some included instructions would be helpful or put it in the manual

Just sent this message to support.

The saga goes on Sad

I knew that would happen with your order about the connectors.  That is why I held off.  They tell you to let them know that you need the ring term connectors but there is no place to do that when ordering that I'm aware of.  And that they would install them for you.  Does it fit ok in the case?

Can't see how it can with all the wires and being a bit longer as well. But the section is a smaller.
Not bothered as long as it will fire up.

Notice that have recently put this up on the purchase page:
4. If you need the PSU to replace the one in S4/S4+, please kindly mark "need the switch board to use in S4/S4+" in comment field when placing order, we'll add it when shipping out the PSU. Otherwise, it'll not be included.
No instructions on how to wire it up though.

But S5+ available needs 3 of these to power it !!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2015, 07:50:14 AM
I'm in the UK so no issue with the voltage all 240  Wink

Dear All

If thinking of buying this PSU for an S4 with the older M4 ring terminals, this is the reply I received from Bitmain.

Hello sir,

you need to make a comment that you need M4 ring connectors. that way factory will prepare everything and ship.
but please be sure that they have understood you fully. and that you do not need bunch of 6 pins.

send them a picture if needed, that you require type 1 (m4's with one 6 pin). or red cables.

good luck

I just received my APW3-12-1600 PSU that I want to connect to my S4 that has the M4 ring connectors.
Even though I mentioned this when purchasing as suggested by support the PSU arrived with PCI connectors.
Can you send me instructions as to how to connect the original cables to this board.
Also the APW3-12-1600 PSU has 12 PCI connectors and the board has only 8 connectors.
Which ones do I use - some included instructions would be helpful or put it in the manual

The saga goes on Sad

I knew that would happen with your order about the connectors.  That is why I held off.  They tell you to let them know that you need the ring term connectors but there is no place to do that when ordering that I'm aware of.  And that they would install them for you.  Does it fit ok in the case?
The controller is the board that is in front of the psu and has the one pci-e connector.
August 17, 2015, 07:46:19 AM

The saga goes on Sad

They are all the same.
Eight of them you are connecting to  power adaptor board.
One to connect to the controller .
Three plugs are free.

Thanks

So doesn't matter which ones you pick??
The controller is the one PCI that fits inside the box sited the back of the original PSU?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
August 17, 2015, 06:36:54 AM

The saga goes on Sad

They are all the same.
Eight of them you are connecting to  power adaptor board.
One to connect to the controller .
Three plugs are free.
August 17, 2015, 05:54:25 AM

Dear All

Hello sir,

good luck

The saga goes on Sad
August 10, 2015, 05:43:17 AM

Dear All

Hello sir,

good luck
August 07, 2015, 10:20:03 AM
August 06, 2015, 08:23:26 PM
Doesn't sound good.

I only sent the PSU - have been told by Bitmain that the APW3-12-1600 PSU Series will work with any S4 provided you have the right voltage 205V + - waiting for confirmation that adapting the cables is possible to do properly - not with plastic tape and solder
Yes it will, but moving to that voltage for most means moving it in your kitchen or laundry room.  But the old psu ver. 1 and 2 suck d!c4.  Only viable option is the apw3-12 until J4bberwok gets his working solution.  We want a psu that fits in the case not outside.  Mine will be sent back to Denver, this time just the psu so there's no funny business.  I will demand this new psu since they seem to replace warrantied psu's with used stock.
August 06, 2015, 04:01:41 PM
Doesn't sound good.

I only sent the PSU - have been told by Bitmain that the APW3-12-1600 PSU Series will work with any S4 provided you have the right voltage 205V + - waiting for confirmation that adapting the cables is possible to do properly - not with plastic tape and solder
August 06, 2015, 02:22:50 PM
PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 can be used on any version of S4 with some may require cable modifications with the breakout board.

1 string attached with the PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 is you must have 208V or higher.  (205v or higher) to be able to use it.

If you have to use 110v, depends on the condition of your PSU, centers in Denver, Ukraine or Serbia may able to repair it for you.  If it still powers on and gives you some ERROR LED Status. 

[email protected] is the route to request servicing your original S4 PSU if it is not completely dead yet. If the fan won't power on, or no LED light comes on, then it is not serviceable.

Unfortunately at the moment, S4 PSU is not in stock.  Time to time, the centers in USA/Serbia/Ukraine may have those in stock so please keep checking with the supports

OK so I sent my S4 PSU to Serbia for fixing came back fixed and worked for about 10 days then same thing. Machine off with ERROR LED status.

Is it a reset that can be done easily - as it costs a small fortune to send to Serbia from UK. If how? Looks fine inside Smiley

Re the PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 I notice in the pdf manual it offers 2 types of wiring Type 1 : old type with M4 ring connectors and Type 2 PCIe type

Is this provided? - if not what did you mean by cable modifications with breakout board. Is it as simple as unscrewing/unbolting the PCI cables from the position shown in the image showing the cables and replacing with the original cables from the old PSU.
Be prewarned.  My S4 just came back from Bitmain Denver from repair of psu and worked for 10 min before getting alarm light.  Now it doesn't power up.  Seems they are replacing these with used psu's and after $200 spent including shipping I was expecting the psu to be replaced with the 220v new model psu for that price.  Now I'm sending back the psu again since they said they would warranty it for 60 days.  It came back dusty as hell.  Was totally clean inside before repair and pool info switched to theirs.  I sent it to them for repair not to mine their own pools with.  At least if your going to test it let it mine my pools Bitmain.  Another week wasted. 
August 06, 2015, 08:56:09 AM
And I can't believe people haven't yet gotten tired of flaming Dogie in every thread on the forum. Does anyone want to fetch one of these PSUs and formulate an opinion based on actual performance and inspection, or do we want to just keep trash talking anything and everything based on a few scattered bits of information and massive doses of prejudice coupled with the comfort of relative anonymity?

Seriously, guys. The only way you can say something that hasn't already been said a hundred times is to actually discuss the product for which this thread exists.

Probably deliberately drilled the whole so they could have a moan
August 06, 2015, 08:49:13 AM
Not at the moment  Wink
Activity: 840
August 06, 2015, 08:23:29 AM
PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 can be used on any version of S4 with some may require cable modifications with the breakout board.

1 string attached with the PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 is you must have 208V or higher.  (205v or higher) to be able to use it.

If you have to use 110v, depends on the condition of your PSU, centers in Denver, Ukraine or Serbia may able to repair it for you.  If it still powers on and gives you some ERROR LED Status. 

[email protected] is the route to request servicing your original S4 PSU if it is not completely dead yet. If the fan won't power on, or no LED light comes on, then it is not serviceable.

Unfortunately at the moment, S4 PSU is not in stock.  Time to time, the centers in USA/Serbia/Ukraine may have those in stock so please keep checking with the supports

OK so I sent my S4 PSU to Serbia for fixing came back fixed and worked for about 10 days then same thing. Machine off with ERROR LED status.

Is it a reset that can be done easily - as it costs a small fortune to send to Serbia from UK. If how? Looks fine inside Smiley

Re the PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 I notice in the pdf manual it offers 2 types of wiring Type 1 : old type with M4 ring connectors and Type 2 PCIe type

Is this provided? - if not what did you mean by cable modifications with breakout board. Is it as simple as unscrewing/unbolting the PCI cables from the position shown in the image showing the cables and replacing with the original cables from the old PSU.

I'm looking for an S4 with dead PSU. would you sell yours?
Shipping to France.
August 06, 2015, 06:42:41 AM

Activity: 265
Merit: 250
August 04, 2015, 12:32:40 AM
I use DPS-2000. They come with no fan and you have to add cooling yourself.So I can use whatever cooler I want.Ofcourse I had to modify casing to fit the cooler but these are good psu's and they are cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
August 03, 2015, 06:14:46 PM
Also see J4bberwock's 2880W IBM breakout boards as linked in my sig for North America.  Will power 2x S4's (externally) with a power harness, 80+ Platinum rated, etc: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s4-psu-replacement-alternative-1036295
legendary
Activity: 784
August 03, 2015, 04:20:05 PM
Is noisy these psu?..Huh.

If you want something that's platinum and enterprise grade but isn't all that noisy, check out the 1100s in my sig.  Fan adjusts with load.  If you run it at max or in super hot temps it will make some noise.
legendary
Activity: 1456
August 03, 2015, 04:00:52 PM

It is a server psu.... and 1600 watt's.  I think it is safe to assume it makes some noise Smiley.

Normally when you look into most server PSU's noise is not a huge factor as far as what they worry about.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
August 03, 2015, 03:28:16 PM
Thank You... In talks with them now, may send the whole unit to them for problem solving.  Again Thank You.  Although the page looks outdated and blah with little to no info techs responded promptly from US Zendesk.
Pages:
Jump to: