Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series - page 8. (Read 36631 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
It would be nice if Bitmain could review their own threads and answer some above questions asked.  You would probably get more sales that way.
Can you answer these questions above please.

Just for the record this isn't me you're waiting on, Bitmain replies will come from the BitmainWarranty account. There are a lot of threads though so they may not be checking all of them on an hourly basis. My information regarding the APW3 is also from release time so things may change.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
It would be nice if Bitmain could review their own threads and answer some above questions asked.  You would probably get more sales that way.

I think they want you to go to their ticket system.  I would like it to be on forum aswell.  But I am just a little guy Smiley.

Go put in a ticket for quickest help.
I have but the answer I got was simple to say the least and unclear if everything to power an S4 with ring terminals was included in the B2 model.
They stated something about the B1, but there is no way to order that from their site.  Sometimes it would be nice to order by phone in these cases.  I will try another ticket, thanks notlist3d.
legendary
Activity: 1456

I think they want you to go to their ticket system.  I would like it to be on forum aswell.  But I am just a little guy Smiley.

Go put in a ticket for quickest help.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Just to be totally clear, if you have an S4 and you buy this psu everything to convert it to the ring/terminal connections from pcie is included or do you have to request v1 when ordering?  Thanks... this shouldn't be this confusing but I hate to open the package and find out it has the wrong connections. Tongue

Thanks

I would like clarification also Smiley
Just to be totally clear, if you have an S4 and you buy this psu everything to convert it to the ring/terminal connections from pcie is included or do you have to request v1 when ordering?  Thanks... this shouldn't be this confusing but I hate to open the package and find out it has the wrong connections. Tongue
Does this board come with the PSU as standard?

Yes.

OK thanks but - connecting the cables do the old style ones connect via the phillips screw I can see in the image?

ta for your patience!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Yes.
Is it possible to adapt this PSU to fit the older style S4?

Not with the PDI connectors but with the ones fitted with a nut and bolt?

Yes. BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series  hat is own separate power board to connect the PCI-E cables with S4 cables.

Named S4 Power_Board V1.0

but you still need minimum 210V

Oh OK so you take the cables from the original PSU connect them to the board in the picture - how using the screw connectors shown in the picture?
Then connect the PCI cables into the board?

Thanks?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Yes. BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series  hat is own separate power board to connect the PCI-E cables with S4 cables.

Named S4 Power_Board V1.0

but you still need minimum 210V

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

yes but it would void warranty if you do it.    (not sure but I am guessing I am correct)

wait for dogie to confirm.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Yes these are Auto Turn-On

Hi,
I wanna buy this for my s5's.
Is this compatible with s5? connectors and efficiency? I have 10 s5. 5 psu is enough for them ?
and it really auto turn on ?

they should work if you have 205 volt or more power in your home.

where do you live?  If in USA most homes do not have 205 volt power they have 120 volt.
thanks. I have 220 volt
most important thing for me is auto power on. i have a few s4 in a location and every time the power is disrupted they require me to travel about half an hour to press the stupid button to turn them back on.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi,
Is this compatible with s5? connectors and efficiency? I have 10 s5. 5 psu is enough for them ?

where do you live?  If in USA most homes do not have 205 volt power they have 120 volt.
thanks. I have 220 volt
most important thing for me is auto power on. i have a few s4 in a location and every time the power is disrupted they require me to travel about half an hour to press the stupid button to turn them back on.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
Hi,

where do you live?  If in USA most homes do not have 205 volt power they have 120 volt.

Probably should clarify that some, it's fair to say all US homes have it however it's generally limited to appliances and the like, meaning you can have a circuit dropped in pretty easy..
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi,

where do you live?  If in USA most homes do not have 205 volt power they have 120 volt.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi,
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!
Please make sure your miners are using 205V or higher at the power outlet. 

Normal USA 110-120V outlet will not power this PSU on.  Minimum Operating Voltage is 205V.

Please shed some light, I just wanna know if I'm gonna use this APW3-12-1600 PSU to my antminer S4 (Terminal type) the 1st batch of S4, there is a big difference when it comes to the switch of power supply.
My question is how am I gonna power up this power supply without power button, unlike in my 1st batch S4 it has a builtin power switch with the PSU.

Thanks & best regards, kae1078

Its auto on, which means when you provide it mains power its already on. Think of it like a phone charger, if you plug it in its just on.

Thanks dogie for shedding some light, now I just need to order from bitmain since my s4 has been down for almost a month.

Yeah I'm sure, I make sure of that.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Please make sure your miners are using 205V or higher at the power outlet. 

Normal USA 110-120V outlet will not power this PSU on.  Minimum Operating Voltage is 205V.

Please shed some light, I just wanna know if I'm gonna use this APW3-12-1600 PSU to my antminer S4 (Terminal type) the 1st batch of S4, there is a big difference when it comes to the switch of power supply.
My question is how am I gonna power up this power supply without power button, unlike in my 1st batch S4 it has a builtin power switch with the PSU.

Its auto on, which means when you provide it mains power its already on. Think of it like a phone charger, if you plug it in its just on.

Thanks dogie for shedding some light, now I just need to order from bitmain since my s4 has been down for almost a month.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!

Pages:
Jump to: