Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series - page 7. (Read 36631 times)

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 can be used on any version of S4 with some may require cable modifications with the breakout board.

1 string attached with the PSU APW3-12-1600-B2 is you must have 208V or higher.  (205v or higher) to be able to use it.

If you have to use 110v, depends on the condition of your PSU, centers in Denver, Ukraine or Serbia may able to repair it for you.  If it still powers on and gives you some ERROR LED Status. 

[email protected] is the route to request servicing your original S4 PSU if it is not completely dead yet. If the fan won't power on, or no LED light comes on, then it is not serviceable.

Unfortunately at the moment, S4 PSU is not in stock.  Time to time, the centers in USA/Serbia/Ukraine may have those in stock so please keep checking with the supports
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
The link is old and no current info from the Zendesk site, click it and you will see.  As far as getting anywhere with support, previous talks they pointed me to the new psu.  Nothing was said about any support for exact replacement, seems they don't keep much old stock around or are too busy devising new or should I dear say remodified hardware.  But that's my exact point, after warranty period I don't think they care what happens to our heater paperweights.  But I digress.

Send in a ticket don't take the front page info as your reference.  Tell the support you have 110 and do not have 220/240 and I think they will arrange to sell you a replacement PSU pretty quick.  Use a ticket and tell them you have 110 and need replacement.   

And it depends on model.  S3's they have controllers and parts for (last I heard). But ones like C1 that were much more limited they did not have parts (last i heard).
Activity: 924
The link is old and no current info from the Zendesk site, click it and you will see.  As far as getting anywhere with support, previous talks they pointed me to the new psu.  Nothing was said about any support for exact replacement, seems they don't keep much old stock around or are too busy devising new or should I dear say remodified hardware.  But that's my exact point, after warranty period I don't think they care what happens to our heater paperweights.  But I digress.

Edit:  Zendesk did work and responded within 1 hour, amazing.  Still communicating to resolve my issue.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Dogie, it wasn't directed at you.  I know you can only comment on what's allowed or known.  But one thing you can help with is getting better clarification on this psu for us.  I've contacted support but there answers are vague and I'm left back where I started.  This is what you are here to help with since you can put it in terms we understand not operator answers like "It should work, just buy it and see".
I'm not contracted by Bitmain any more, so I'm in the queue for information with the rest of you.

Contact their support through a ticket: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

They can help you get the PSU for the S4.  This psu they are selling is a good psu, but requires OVER 110 electricity.  So if you are running 110 yes you need a different PSU then the one this thread is for.
@notlist3d - Have you tried anything from the link you posted?  Seems like a dead site unused for months.  Maybe Dogie can agree, is Zendesk an old site and should all correspondence be through Bitmain's main site?

Zendesk is the US team, Bitmain site is the CN team, although US team usually takes the tickets from the Bitmain site and actions them via Zendesk. Go to Zendesk.
legendary
Dogie, it wasn't directed at you.  I know you can only comment on what's allowed or known.  But one thing you can help with is getting better clarification on this psu for us.  I've contacted support but there answers are vague and I'm left back where I started.  This is what you are here to help with since you can put it in terms we understand not operator answers like "It should work, just buy it and see".
Again the silence is bothersome and in the past it is a known sign that something is up with many companies.  Our point in this forum is to address issues that could easily be adverted by the simplest tasks, it's just damaging to a company not to listen.

All I wanted to know is if the B2 model of the psu will work with the S4 without additional wiring.  The 10 gauge wire with the hoop terminals.  My reply from Bitmain was to use the B1 psu but it isn't listed on the website so how do I acquire that?  It lead me to believe also in another reply from Bitmain that both sets of wires are included in the B2 psu.  So which is it?

They can help you get the PSU for the S4.  This psu they are selling is a good psu, but requires OVER 110 electricity.  So if you are running 110 yes you need a different PSU then the one this thread is for.
@notlist3d - Have you tried anything from the link you posted?  Seems like a dead site unused for months.  Maybe Dogie can agree, is Zendesk an old site and should all correspondence be through Bitmain's main site?

It's been maybe 2 months since I had a ticket on it. Was dealt with fast though back then.

It should not be unused, I believe it is most current way to contact them.   They did email at one time but I thought it moved to this.   And it should be maned... if you are not getting a response I'm not sure what is causing that.

But my advice is sound if you have 220/240 yes you can order this and use it.   If 110 no do not order this as it most likely will not even start on 110.  For 110 you need them to help you get OEM of old PSU, unless you use something else.
What would you take for it without a PSU?
I will pm you since I noticed what you posted in the S2 upgrade thread.  I have an S2 complete and 1 S2 no psu with 1 bad hashing board left.  Wanted to keep 1 S2 just in case (By an act of God) the S2 kits were released.  I needed it for a review.  As well as the S4 with a psu that seems to be unable to output more than 1100 watts without resetting and is unable to handle undervolting.
Again the silence is bothersome and in the past it is a known sign that something is up with many companies.  Our point in this forum is to address issues that could easily be adverted by the simplest tasks, it's just damaging to a company not to listen.

All I wanted to know is if the B2 model of the psu will work with the S4 without additional wiring.  The 10 gauge wire with the hoop terminals.  My reply from Bitmain was to use the B1 psu but it isn't listed on the website so how do I acquire that?  It lead me to believe also in another reply from Bitmain that both sets of wires are included in the B2 psu.  So which is it?

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
What would you take for it without a PSU?
It would be nice if Bitmain could review their own threads and answer some above questions asked.  You would probably get more sales that way.
Can you answer these questions above please.

I think they want you to go to their ticket system.  I would like it to be on forum aswell.  But I am just a little guy Smiley.

Go put in a ticket for quickest help.
I have but the answer I got was simple to say the least and unclear if everything to power an S4 with ring terminals was included in the B2 model.
They stated something about the B1, but there is no way to order that from their site.  Sometimes it would be nice to order by phone in these cases.  I will try another ticket, thanks notlist3d.

I have 1100w Platinum PSUs in my sig that can output power over heavy gauge 12V cables with ring terminals on both ends(can give you the cabling for free with purchase).  However, it may not fit quite right in the S4 case, I'm not sure what the form factor is(mine are 1U units, 14.28" L x 2.15" W x 1.57" H / 362.7mm x 54.5mm x 40.0mm).  If you can't get anything figured out with Bitmain PM me, I can probably help you out.
I will research it this weekend.  Thought to inquire this with you a month ago but I am looking for a solution that will fit in the case as I'm planning to resell it.  Thanks I will get back to you.
legendary
Activity: 784
It would be nice if Bitmain could review their own threads and answer some above questions asked.  You would probably get more sales that way.

I think they want you to go to their ticket system.  I would like it to be on forum aswell.  But I am just a little guy Smiley.

Go put in a ticket for quickest help.
I have but the answer I got was simple to say the least and unclear if everything to power an S4 with ring terminals was included in the B2 model.
They stated something about the B1, but there is no way to order that from their site.  Sometimes it would be nice to order by phone in these cases.  I will try another ticket, thanks notlist3d.

I have 1100w Platinum PSUs in my sig that can output power over heavy gauge 12V cables with ring terminals on both ends(can give you the cabling for free with purchase).  However, it may not fit quite right in the S4 case, I'm not sure what the form factor is(mine are 1U units, 14.28" L x 2.15" W x 1.57" H / 362.7mm x 54.5mm x 40.0mm).  If you can't get anything figured out with Bitmain PM me, I can probably help you out.
Nothing else, buy this PSU, cut the cables off, twist-lead and bolt the wires directly to the S4's rings. Take about $1 in hardware and some good electrical tape.
Thought about it but I'm looking to resell it on Ebay and didn't want to "hack" anything although I know it would work. 
I have and I'm still waiting for another useless answer but I will play the game again..... but I'm running out of quarters!

Are you on 110 or 220/240? 

If yes on 220/240 sure buy this PSU.  If running 110 NO do not buy this PSU and buy from their support.  No more quarters needed Smiley
I don't believe you can buy from support, ie old psu on 110v ever since the new psu was released, but I may be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Nothing else, buy this PSU, cut the cables off, twist-lead and bolt the wires directly to the S4's rings. Take about $1 in hardware and some good electrical tape.
legendary
I have and I'm still waiting for another useless answer but I will play the game again..... but I'm running out of quarters!

Are you on 110 or 220/240? 

If yes on 220/240 sure buy this PSU.  If running 110 NO do not buy this PSU and buy from their support.  No more quarters needed Smiley
legendary

legendary

Just for the record this isn't me you're waiting on, Bitmain replies will come from the BitmainWarranty account. There are a lot of threads though so they may not be checking all of them on an hourly basis. My information regarding the APW3 is also from release time so things may change.

How about you or Bitmain comment on the S2 upgrade kit?

That's up to Bitmain.

I think the no comment speaks for itself.   It has been asked many many times.  There are a few pushing it up every few day's.

I would not count on a upgrade kit.   They are secretive on a lot but I think they would respond more recent if they had plans of even looking into S2 upgrade seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Just for the record this isn't me you're waiting on, Bitmain replies will come from the BitmainWarranty account. There are a lot of threads though so they may not be checking all of them on an hourly basis. My information regarding the APW3 is also from release time so things may change.

That's up to Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 784

Pages:
Jump to: