Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 23. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
How to get the pc id and Miner id similar?
Did you get your router? If so, go to the command prompt and type in ipconfig and get your default gateway and report back.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
How to get the pc id and Miner id similar?
Activity: 5
Fair enough, but it's my understanding that modern network adaptors carry out the crossover function automatically.  However, I'm not sure that all of these adaptors will autosense if a crossover cable is subsequently connected.

Yes, it's called Auto MDI-X and as long as at least one side of the link has the capability, it doesn't matter whether you have a crossover cable or a straight-through cable, the interface will sense it and act accordingly. The speed and duplex need to be Auto.
patch is the word i forgot Tongue
Umm ok thanks a lot for the Information
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
Tell me more about that mind blowing thing
I don't own any Antminers yet, but I can tell you that there are no real tweaks to be made to make a S3 better, it simply is the hardware that does the real job. The thing with the outdated cgminer version Bitmaintech has been using is mentioned somewhere here or in the other thread, and they just recently released their patched version (which they were obliged from the beginning due to the GPL), so hopefully something is happening concerning that matter. The newer cgminer will not give better performance but a security bug fix afaik.
Tell me more about that mind blowing thing
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
Is there any custome, app ,tweak,homebrew, jailbreak,firmware modification or Special update for the S3 , a Must have or i'm fine with normal antminer S3 Support ?
Not that I'm aware of, but every S3 owner should be waiting for the firmware update featuring ckolivas' latest cgminer version.
Is there any custome, app ,tweak,homebrew, jailbreak,firmware modification or Special update for the S3 , a Must have or i'm fine with normal antminer S3 Support ?
How much money should i spend for the Router ?
$20 tops. If you're in the US I'll send you one for free if you pay for shipping. Linksys would be the best as they are on the 192.168.1.1 gateway out of the box. I think I have a linksys laying around, but I know I have a cheap Belkin.

Any router will work, you just need to configure the gateway to access your Ant.
How much money should i spend for the Router ?
Activity: 14
I bought CX600 instead as they were cheap!!!
Any update on when the S1 upgrades will ship from Bitmain ?
No update yet, still "September 20 or earlier" afaik.
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
Any update on when the S1 upgrades will ship from Bitmain ?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
My S3 isnt connecting with the pc , firewall is down the System is Win xp i ve a crossovercabel and the Miner is working
You need an ordinary Cat5e straight through patch lead between the S3 and your PC (or router), not a crossover cable.  You should then be able to access it in IE using 192.168.1.99.

crossover CAT5e is totally FINE, I have it.

Fair enough, but it's my understanding that modern network adaptors carry out the crossover function automatically.  However, I'm not sure that all of these adaptors will autosense if a crossover cable is subsequently connected.  To me, the cable would be one of the first things to check in these circumstances.

Secondly, I would be interested in knowing what make and model of modem the OP is using.  It might be a modem/router for all we know, obviating the need for him to buy a further router.
Any specific Modell or random one?
Whatever is cheapest. Do you currently have one though? Because it appears based on your initial question you don't.
^^^
Which Router brand should i prefer ?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
My S3 isnt connecting with the pc , firewall is down the System is Win xp i ve a crossovercabel and the Miner is working
You need an ordinary Cat5e straight through patch lead between the S3 and your PC (or router), not a crossover cable.  You should then be able to access it in IE using 192.168.1.99.

crossover CAT5e is totally FINE, I have it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: