Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 19. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
If I am hashing above 500GH/s but there is a "-" and "x" for one of my blades is this bad or should I ignore it?
Ever since switching to nicehash this has happened.
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
Crosspost from the Hardware thread:

Hey all, I was updating my batch 1 S3 units to the latest firmware and one of them is having troubles booting now.  I cannot access it via the webui or via ssh.  I attempted a hard reset using the button on the front so I know the address of the miner should be 192.168.1.99.  Red light is blinking. I'm familiar with how to talk to the miners as I've had around 10 S1, a couple S2, and 10 S3.  This is the only one giving me issues.  

I swapped control boards with another S3 and it's working fine, so the hashing boards are okay.  I sent an email requesting an RMA for the control board.  

Does anybody have anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Dave

Use tcpdump to monitor the traffic on the subnet.  Once I thought I had changed to DHCP and moved the device to another subnet but couldn't find it with nmap.  I ran tcpdump on another machine on that subnet and most of the traffic had the correct subnet but some packets had the .1.99 address so I knew the problem was that it didn't take the protocol change to DHCP.

Why would the address be anything other than 192.168.1.99 though? I did a hard reset.

The hard reset didn't actually work.  I'm able to access the webui now, but neither asic chain shows on the miner status page.  I've tried reverting back to the original firmware and clearing all of my settings. I get usb errors in the log:

Code:
[   27.910000] usb 1-1.1: device not accepting address 4, error -145
[   28.010000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
[   38.430000] usb 1-1.1: device not accepting address 5, error -145
[   38.530000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 6 using ehci-platform
[   48.950000] usb 1-1.1: device not accepting address 6, error -145
[   48.950000] hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

I switched USB cables and have the same issue.  With another control board the miner functions normally.

Tech support is telling me I may have a DNS problem.  I have 8 other ants with the same DNS.  What am I missing here?

Flashed the latest firmware and reset the settings again.  Still getting usb errors.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I rebooted and no change at all.  Do I need to upgrade the firmware?  It was working fine until I updated the firmware.  Then I didn't get any speeds over 100G on both of them.  I reset the miner back to factory and started over.  Now it's mining at 218 on the GUI, but 250 when I ssh into the miner. 

this is interesting

post your asic-freq file from \etc\config.  if you dont have one (since you said you renamed the file to .old) then that's your 1st problem.

I went into the miner config>advance settings tab, to make the change.  Putty not needed.

thank you here is a screen shot for those that need help

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Hi!

I hope you could help me.

Just received my two Antminer S3+ batch 8. One is working fine, the other just blinks red, does not spin the fan (only spins for a brief moment when the device is turned on).
I can't access it through 192.168.1.99. I also searched in the router and don't see any other devices (in case it is not using default 192.168.1.99 port)

I tried unplugging power and LAN from working miner and connecting to this one. It does not improve the situation.

I'd appreciate if somebody could point out what else to try.
What does the red flashing even mean? (It is not fast flashing, rather slow. Perhaps every second or half second)

Or do you know if Antminer provides support or does returns?

Many thanks in advance!

As another heads up - Bitmain have recently upgraded their support capabilities, locations etc.. I'd had the pleasure to use their support services recently and I couldnt be happier, they were brilliant

More details on their new support contacts (if anyone else needs them) :
Bitmain Technologies
Warranty Department
3700 Quebec Street Suite 100239
Denver, Colorado 80226
USA

Telephone number: 1-844-248-6246

or for the European Region

Bitmain Technologies
department 119,
143 kingston road,
London, SW19 1LJ,
United Kingdom

Telephone Number: +44-020-30024099

For US customers Please include our telephone number 1-844-248-6246 on the shipping label.

and for the European Region

Please include our telephone number +44-020-30024099 on the shipping label.
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
I used the method above to overclock my S1s, but I thought you could change the freq from the advanced menu in the S3. My first S3s still in the mail. Do you still have to SSH to overclock the S3?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 266
Make sure your other S3 that is working IS NOT on the default IP of 192.168.1.99 too.

Thanks for recommendation. I only tried one OR the other to avoid both getting same IP (also I moved the working one to .199 instead of .99). So it must be something else.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hi!

Just received my two Antminer S3+ batch 8. One is working fine, the other just blinks red, does not spin the fan (only spins for a brief moment when the device is turned on).
I can't access it through 192.168.1.99. I also searched in the router and don't see any other devices (in case it is not using default 192.168.1.99 port)

I tried unplugging power and LAN from working miner and connecting to this one. It does not improve the situation.

What does the red flashing even mean? (It is not fast flashing, rather slow. Perhaps every second or half second)

Many thanks in advance!
Make sure your other S3 that is working IS NOT on the default IP of 192.168.1.99 too.
Activity: 266
Hi!

Many thanks in advance!
Activity: 442
Found Lost beach - quiet now
I hope they don't void the warranty if you add a WiFi pigtail, drill the hole, and mount the antenna connector and antenna. Has anybody heard if Bitmain has a problem with us modding to allow WiFi?
S3+ B9 now open ... Shipping starts on Sept. 18th ! REALLY? S1 upgrade kits not shipped yet.

I am begining to think they should simply have a rolling sale, and ship by payment receipt priority rather than batch them up.
Activity: 173
Merit: 104
just hooked up 3 Antminer S3+

they all seem to overclock worse than my 7 normal antminer s3's, and higher hardware error Sad
When I try to over clock to 250, it still shows up as 225 on the miner status page (even after I reboot), anyone having this same issue? So far pretty disappointed, hopefully someone can help me out and show me a better way to over clock the S3+, so far I just have over clocked it the same way I did the regular S3's (as described in original post).

EDIT: I feel foolish. I just noticed the "Advanced Settings" tab on the Miner Configuration page of CGminer and changed it to 250 MH and now I'm flying like I was with my old S3s, even faster, probably). So ignore the above message
Activity: 45
just hooked up 3 Antminer S3+

they all seem to overclock worse than my 7 normal antminer s3's, and higher hardware error Sad
Activity: 17
I am running new firmware on my two newest Antminer B3+'s that arrived Friday. I see that the asic-freq file is inoperative and has been replaced by a pull down menu under the Advanced tab of Miner Configuration. Can someone tell me how to add new entries to this menu?  I want to know what file to edit to change this pull down list.

Page 24,
Activity: 278
Merit: 254
I am running new firmware on my two newest Antminer B3+'s that arrived Friday. I see that the asic-freq file is inoperative and has been replaced by a pull down menu under the Advanced tab of Miner Configuration. Can someone tell me how to add new entries to this menu?  I want to know what file to edit to change this pull down list.

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Got my s3+ shipment (they shipped early and customs was kind enough to clear it quickly). Just connected one of them. Stock is 225Mhz and obviously you can overclock from miner config webinterface. This is the non-blinking LED miner (like some of the early versions)

The pool is fluctuating -- will try overclocking in a while.
Activity: 56
How to set the fan Speed?
Activity: 475
seems those new spoon dollies have way better GH/s to W ratio
So do you think the S1 conversion units will turn the old S1's into S3+ with overclocking potential ?
I am hopefull of that, and honestly, I think they will but if they do not live up to the high overclocking potential of the proverbial S3+, well, you still get S3 performance for, in my opinion, a steal! I have ordered myself a kit to replace a stuttering S1 I got off fleabay for a pittance, so I will be documenting its performace in 2 weeks?Huh!!

Yeah I have a couple ordered from Bitmain have you heard anything about a shipping date ?
Nope! But they ship on or before 20th, so can not be long now, can it?
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
So do you think the S1 conversion units will turn the old S1's into S3+ with overclocking potential ?
I am hopefull of that, and honestly, I think they will but if they do not live up to the high overclocking potential of the proverbial S3+, well, you still get S3 performance for, in my opinion, a steal! I have ordered myself a kit to replace a stuttering S1 I got off fleabay for a pittance, so I will be documenting its performace in 2 weeks?Huh!!

Yeah I have a couple ordered from Bitmain have you heard anything about a shipping date ?
Pages:
Jump to: