Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 20. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
So do you think the S1 conversion units will turn the old S1's into S3+ with overclocking potential ?
I am hopefull of that, and honestly, I think they will but if they do not live up to the high overclocking potential of the proverbial S3+, well, you still get S3 performance for, in my opinion, a steal! I have ordered myself a kit to replace a stuttering S1 I got off fleabay for a pittance, so I will be documenting its performace in 2 weeks?Huh!!
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
So do you think the S1 conversion units will turn the old S1's into S3+ with overclocking potential ?
Bitmain, the manufacturer, released the S3+ as Batch 8. Batch 6 & 7 (and all before) were S3.
I'd be interested to see how better batch 8 overclocks compared to 6 & 7.
And I said I think from batch 6 are S3+, and the results of the overclocking seem to match pretty well to the description / specification by Bitmain of the S3+. If ever there are any earth shattering descrepancies in how well B8 overclocks as opposed to B6 & 7, I'll eat my hat!
If Batch 8 is no different than Batch 6, why wouldn't Batch 6 have been S3+? There has to be a material difference and until we know you can't call Batch 6 an S3+.

Although I could be wrong, if Batch 6 was S3+, then this whole deal with Batch 8 is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and I don't think that is the case.
I would not go as far as calling it a gimmick, and batch 6 was an S3. My thinking (and I expressly said this) is that batch 6's performace is that of the advertised specifications of an S3+, and the proof of the pudding is in the link I posted in support(which test I carried out and documented).
In the same breath I'd say, I never complained when I got an "over-spec" unit, but also the B8 that are badged as S3+ are not as dear as the earlier batches, so you get a better deal, WIN WIN!
Activity: 556
Bitmain, the manufacturer, released the S3+ as Batch 8. Batch 6 & 7 (and all before) were S3.
And I said I think from batch 6 are S3+, and the results of the overclocking seem to match pretty well to the description / specification by Bitmain of the S3+. If ever there are any earth shattering descrepancies in how well B8 overclocks as opposed to B6 & 7, I'll eat my hat!
If Batch 8 is no different than Batch 6, why wouldn't Batch 6 have been S3+? There has to be a material difference and until we know you can't call Batch 6 an S3+.

Although I could be wrong, if Batch 6 was S3+, then this whole deal with Batch 8 is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and I don't think that is the case.
Activity: 556
Has anyone got any Bitmain S3+.
Was wondering if THEY overclock better than the original ?
I think all units from batch 6 are S3+
Have a look at this B6 overclock: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750220.new;topicseen

Thanks !
I think all units from batch 6 are S3+
Have a look at this B6 overclock: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750220.new;topicseen
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
the answer is in page 24

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i have 2 antminer s3, i change the clock in putty to 225 237 250 mhz
but the antminer stays always in 218.75 mhz

i have a 1000w psu
Activity: 34
hello, I have a question, I want to change the thermal paste on my S3. I would have to kind thank you
Activity: 630
got my batch 8 shipping notification...
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Miningrigrentals.com

anyone renting your S3's here? I can't get mine to connect to their service and was hoping for some guidance. There are some available to rent on the site so I know it is possible.

They have like IRC support and also ticket system.
Go to their IRC channel from the account page and your problem will be fixed instantly.
Also whats your actual issues in connecting the S3 to MRR?

I posted the same question earlier and contacted IRC support with no luck.

Did you come up with anything? It has been about 2 weeks since I tried.

I rent mine through MRR. maybe you are not patient enough, took a few hours to show up once set

Still can't get it to work. Would you please share your config? Are you using http:// or stratum+tcp://  and what version of the firmware are you using.

Thanks in advance for some help.
MRR Works fine for me using the http:// us-west.

What firmware are you using?

Does it take a long time to connect to their service? Someone above mentioned it took a few hours. I have been waiting 10 minutes but never tried waiting hours.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Miningrigrentals.com

anyone renting your S3's here? I can't get mine to connect to their service and was hoping for some guidance. There are some available to rent on the site so I know it is possible.

Go to their IRC channel from the account page and your problem will be fixed instantly.

I rent mine through MRR. maybe you are not patient enough, took a few hours to show up once set

Still can't get it to work. Would you please share your config? Are you using http:// or stratum+tcp://  and what version of the firmware are you using.

MRR Works fine for me using the http:// us-west.
Activity: 418
Miningrigrentals.com

i want to undervol my s3 can someone help
Activity: 475
Miningrigrentals.com

Pages:
Jump to: